ADVERTISEMENT

From this point on.....

Tru2Irish

Senior
Aug 2, 2013
what could Woody say in media settings that's gonna improve anything? He has to know that the buck stops with him. Unless his ego is so big that it is everything but him for Indiana's terrible season. I can only see a downslide from hereon. I hope this AD does some real research next time instead of allowing guys like Buckner to try to dictate things.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
As long as the fans are ponying up $$$....the accountants will continue to give the administration a thumbs up...Business is good. No change necessary.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
…… instead of allowing guys like Buckner to try to dictate things.
Or the boosters. Has anyone considered that they are a problem? NIL can be a problem for program management. It can be something that is contra to the notion of team.

I know, I know IU has all these “advantages “ huge NIL and resources. Maybe that’s not a good thing?

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
what could Woody say in media settings that's gonna improve anything? He has to know that the buck stops with him. Unless his ego is so big that it is everything but him for Indiana's terrible season. I can only see a downslide from hereon. I hope this AD does some real research next time instead of allowing guys like Buckner to try to dictate things.
"I'm resigning effective immediately"

• Haha
Reactions: IUINSB
Or the boosters. Has anyone considered that they are a problem? NIL can be a problem for program management. It can be something that is contra to the notion of team.

I know, I know IU has all these “advantages “ huge NIL and resources. Maybe that’s not a good thing?
When you donate or do big NIL you have a mild impact. Word is our big booster is fine with Woody. Not really a “no” on a change, but not pushing for one. I think we want big boosters, they’re more helpful than not.

IU has always had too many cooks in the kitchen. AD, President, BoT. We don’t trust the AD to make a decision and back him. So we end up with input from people who don’t know what they’re doing and we get this last 25 years.

As long as the fans are ponying up $$$....the accountants will continue to give the administration a thumbs up...Business is good. No change necessary.
I agree, though I’m doubtful donations and game day revenue are going to be steady. Keep this up it has to go down. We’ll see.

it's the Cubs-bleacher bums scenario. As long as the yuppies filled those bleachers every weekend and purchased gallons of overpriced shitty beer at $10/cup, who cares if the team finished 25 games under .500. Went on in Chicago for decades. Average fans frustrated, but team bean counters happier than pigs in slop.

Once the bleachers started thinning out, the accountants finally took notice. Boos are symbolic, but nothing speaks louder than declining revenues.

When you donate or do big NIL you have a mild impact. Word is our big booster is fine with Woody. Not really a “no” on a change, but not pushing for one. I think we want big boosters, they’re more helpful than not.

IU has always had too many cooks in the kitchen. AD, President, BoT. We don’t trust the AD to make a decision and back him. So we end up with input from people who don’t know what they’re doing and we get this last 25 years.
A mild impact?

So, if I pay A kid a million bucks, I have mild impact? And, can you see a scenario where I (hypothetical booster) could care less who the coach is or what the record is? Could my million dollar player cause locker room issues? Would he be entitled to a certain number of minutes? How about a certain number of shots?

A mild impact?

So, if I pay A kid a million bucks, I have mild impact? And, can you see a scenario where I (hypothetical booster) could care less who the coach is or what the record is? Could my million dollar player cause locker room issues? Would he be entitled to a certain number of minutes? How about a certain number of shots?
I’m only talking about the coaching search.

As for players, we have to pay them now and I guess I’d rather we be able to do that or else we can’t win.

Idk I’m not trying to argue here.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I’m only talking about the coaching search.

As for players, we have to pay them now and I guess I’d rather we be able to do that or else we can’t win.

Idk I’m not trying to argue here.
Yeah, I wasn’t trying to be argumentative, but I see the 2 things (payers being paid and the coaching search) as tied together. You could have a booster that has given big money to a player thrilled with this season. You could, conversely, have someone that is up in arms during a championship caliber season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT