ADVERTISEMENT

From a Spartan fan

l was amazed we outrebounded the #1 rebounding team in the nation 25-3 on offensive boards, and still lost. I bet that has never happened in NCAA history.

Just wanted to say I thought the memo handed out before the game last night was incredibly classy. A sentiment widely shared by our fan base. Well done, and thank you.
Would Michigan State and their fans return the favor if the situation were reversed?

IU football fans were upset when Morgan Ellison was allegedly punched in the throat by a MSU player.

Reactions: IUgradman
Would Michigan State and their fans return the favor if the situation were reversed?

IU football fans were upset when Morgan Ellison was allegedly punched in the throat by a MSU player.
Don't see where it matters.

Well, if our situations were reversed, what some kids chanted at a game about us would be the least of our worries.

It would have been even better if Izzo got 17,000+ messages about ducking his responsibility and being an enabler.

Well, if our situations were reversed, what some kids chanted at a game about us would be the least of our worries.
Having family members who were victimized by this type of behavior, I am not as predisposed to the "classy move" opinion of some on this board.

Having family members who were victimized by this type of behavior, I am not as predisposed to the "classy move" opinion of some on this board.

I get that, I don't feel sorry for the organization or those that will make excuses ala Penn State, but weaponizing the situation doesn't really accomplish much.

Just wanted to say I thought the memo handed out before the game last night was incredibly classy. A sentiment widely shared by our fan base. Well done, and thank you.
What memo? I attended the game and did not receive a memo or see anybody reading one. Care to share the gist or attach a photo of the memo?
Thanks

Give me my $ 44.00 back for each of my two seats if you want to tell how to cheer and how to express my thoughts. I support Dakich and I think Izzo should be fired. I also would like us to shoot better than 50% from the line.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
l was amazed we outrebounded the #1 rebounding team in the nation 25-3 on offensive boards, and still lost. I bet that has never happened in NCAA history.

Just hammers home we have zero consistent offensive firepower. If we had even two dudes that could consistently shoot 30-35% from 3, we’d have a few more wins. And I’ll settle for consistently shooting 60-65% from the FT line

Silence is enabling and disrespectful to survivors and victims. MSU and Izzo do need to be shamed and hear that their behavior is unacceptable. They should hear that their actions reflect negatively on the Big Ten and other Big Ten schools.

If IU wants to silence just and deserved criticism and enable terrible behavior, then I am disappointed beyond words.

Silence is enabling and disrespectful to survivors and victims. MSU and Izzo do need to be shamed and hear that their behavior is unacceptable. They should hear that their actions reflect negatively on the Big Ten and other Big Ten schools.

If IU wants to silence just and deserved criticism and enable terrible behavior, then I am disappointed beyond words.
"Enabling terrible behavior". Wow what a stretch.

"Enabling terrible behavior". Wow what a stretch.
That's what silence does: it enables. Let's just all remain silent: we don't want to upset the rapists and child rapist and their enablers. Thanks MSU for making the Conference and IU look bad!

That's what silence does: it enables. Let's just all remain silent: we don't want to upset the rapists and child rapist and their enablers. Thanks MSU for making the Conference and IU look bad!
So you are equating a show of respect for the victims with a criminal act. Ok.

So you are equating a show of respect for the victims with a criminal act. Ok.
Silencing any criticism towards MSU and Izzo is not a show of respect for victims and survivors, but rather the same behavior that allowed the rape and child rape to take place. IU also has zero respect for itself if IU is fine with MSU making the conference and IU look bad. Oh boy, IU gets to be associated with another child rapist and the school that enabled him.

Part of MSU's punishment is being shamed, which pales in comparison to experiencing child rape and rape.

Silencing any criticism towards MSU and Izzo is not a show of respect for victims and survivors, but rather the same behavior that allowed the rape and child rape to take place. IU also has zero respect for itself if IU is fine with MSU making the conference and IU look bad. Oh boy, IU gets to be associated with another child rapist and the school that enabled him.

Part of MSU's punishment is being shamed, which pales in comparison to experiencing child rape and rape.
Clearly IU did not want signage or other displays that could be perceived as making fun of a situation that is not at all funny. People have had plenty of opportunities to show contempt for MSU on this board and elsewhere. Its weird to think imposition if shame is some sort of punishment. If MSU doesn't already have enough shame over this situation there isn't much more you or anyone else can do.

Clearly IU did not want signage or other displays that could be perceived as making fun of a situation that is not at all funny. People have had plenty of opportunities to show contempt for MSU on this board and elsewhere. Its weird to think imposition if shame is some sort of punishment. If MSU doesn't already have enough shame over this situation there isn't much more you or anyone else can do.
Important issues should never be silenced because they are difficult to address or can be misinterpreted. Who gives a flying f if somebody misinterprets a serious message about an important issue? MSU, including Izzo: F you. F you for being an enabler for rape and child rape. F you for making IU and the Big Ten look bad. Silence that!

I'm disappointed IU chose to be spineless and an enabler because they didn't want to ruffle any feathers. That's not the University I attended.

Important issues should never be silenced because they are difficult to address or can be misinterpreted. Who gives a flying f if somebody misinterprets a serious message about an important issue? MSU, including Izzo: F you. F you for being an enabler for rape and child rape. F you for making IU and the Big Ten look bad. Silence that!

I'm disappointed IU chose to be spineless and an enabler because they didn't want to ruffle any feathers. That's not the University I attended.
You must have hated RMK whenever he silenced the "Bullshit" chants.

I don't believe MSU has enough shame yet. They haven't done the "right thing" that we all know what needs to be done to move forward. I doubt they ever will. After all, Izzo won one championship in 20 years. lol

Reactions: 76-1
What does that have to do with rape and child rape? What message are the students trying to get across other than bad words? Not even close.
The object of your derision should be Larry Nasser, not Izzo. He's the monster that perpetrated the awful crimes against girls and young women, not Izzo, and not Dantonio. Not sure why you choose to not focus on the victims and instead on someone who had nothing to do with it, but you should learn the facts.

The object of your derision should be Larry Nasser, not Izzo. He's the monster that perpetrated the awful crimes against girls and young women, not Izzo, and not Dantonio. Not sure why you choose to not focus on the victims and instead on someone who had nothing to do with it, but you should learn the facts.
Izzo covered up and enabled rape of his players, and Dantonio has done so on a bigger level than Izzo. Of course, Larry Nassar is the biggest villain here. There is a systemic issue at MSU. Is Izzo the biggest part of this problem? No, but he's still a part of it.

Do you think I cut Steve Alford any slack for his dealings with Pierre Pierce? Answer: I don't. You could learn something from my stance.

Izzo covered up and enabled rape of his players, and Dantonio has done so on a bigger level than Izzo. Of course, Larry Nassar is the biggest villain here. There is a systemic issue at MSU. Is Izzo the biggest part of this problem? No, but he's still a part of it.

Do you think I cut Steve Alford any slack for his dealings with Pierre Pierce? Answer: I don't. You could learn something from my stance.
Izzo did no such thing and neither did Dantonio. Wha you're alleging isn't factual in any way. Neither Payne nor Appling were charged with any crime in spite of the fact that Lansing police and the local prosecutor were involved. In fact, the prosecutor, who was a Michigan graduate, didn't press charges because he believed the young lady wasn't truthful. If you know anyone in the legal profession, they can better help you understand how that process works. And this was all well known several years ago. The people making an issue of this now are showing their real aims, which have nothing to do with supporting the victims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT