ADVERTISEMENT

Free throw shooting and outside shots are killing IU this year. The Hoosiers have reduced their number

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
of turnovers by a significant number, but they need to go inside on every possession. IU does much better when it goes inside. It seems to me like the Hoosiers begin shooting more 3-pointers in the second half of every game and it takes its toll on them.

As for free throw shooting, I hate to see Mike Woodson and his staff focus on it too much. It might make the players robotic and cause them to miss even more free throws as a result.

of turnovers by a significant number, but they need to go inside on every possession. IU does much better when it goes inside. It seems to me like the Hoosiers begin shooting more 3-pointers in the second half of every game and it takes its toll on them.

As for free throw shooting, I hate to see Mike Woodson and his staff focus on it too much. It might make the players robotic and cause them to miss even more free throws as a result.
Yeah....by the other team. Their open shooters make their threes. When they get fouled, they make the free ones.

Lets face it, this team has no shooters/scorers. This is our lot in life until we get some Fraziers and Halls on our team.

Reactions: ufo33
Too many 3s were shot with poor foot position… cannot be consistent even slightly off balance from 23’.

but they need to go inside on every possession.
Which is why the offense has been so stagnant.

0.68PPP on post ups over the last 3 games.

But you think that's the answer ...

What the offense needs is balance. Balance makes post ups more effective.

and the kids need to grow a pair and hit their damn free throws.

Last edited:
Yeah....by the other team. Their open shooters make their threes. When they get fouled, they make the free ones.

Lets face it, this team has no shooters/scorers. This is our lot in life until we get some Fraziers and Halls on our team.
I remember when the Hoosiers had a guard that was team captain who played every game and never missed a free throw his entire senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT