ADVERTISEMENT

for those who like Kiffin’s offense maybe this guy (LINK)

Wow didn't know there was a Charlie Weiss Jr. Based on his age, he would have still been in high school when the scissor lift death happened.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He’s 28 yrs old and currently makes $350k. He has experience as QB coach & OC. Plus he has been in Fl the past 4 years as an OC, so he should have plenty of connections. Been with 3 NFL teams and a couple of years with Bama. Pretty strong resume for 28 yrs old.
We should be able to offer him a healthy raise without breaking the bank.

He’s 28 yrs old and currently makes $350k. He has experience as QB coach & OC. Plus he has been in Fl the past 4 years as an OC, so he should have plenty of connections. Been with 3 NFL teams and a couple of years with Bama. Pretty strong resume for 28 yrs old.
We should be able to offer him a healthy raise without breaking the bank.
Insane ending to his game right now

Wow didn't know there was a Charlie Weiss Jr. Based on his age, he would have still been in high school when the scissor lift death happened.
He may be younger than CTA would be comfortable with—if anything Allen might want to go in the other direction with a grizzled vet who’s already been around the block

especially if TA’s still intent on coming up with a “ball control” offense

Where is his dad at? Horrible head coach at ND and Kansas but a heck of an OC. That is assuming he is healthy.

I thought he did some “consulting” work but that was a while ago

Weis is probably too young at this point. He was never a player, and got into coaching very early. Is supposed to be an astute tactician, but he's got very little experience as a position coach. His FAU offenses were good, but nowhere near as good as Kendall Briles offenses there, and I thought it was telling that when Kiffen went to Ole Miss he hired Jeff Lebby (Art Briles Son in Law) rather than Weis.

The Briles coaching tree is pretty good but it's hard to find a franchise. Jeff Lebby and Kendall Briles, Phillip Montgomery, Sean Lewis, Dino Babers and Sterling Gilbert are the main disciples. Only Gilbert is maybe hirable from Syracuse and they pay him well .

Weis is probably too young at this point. He was never a player, and got into coaching very early. Is supposed to be an astute tactician, but he's got very little experience as a position coach. His FAU offenses were good, but nowhere near as good as Kendall Briles offenses there, and I thought it was telling that when Kiffen went to Ole Miss he hired Jeff Lebby (Art Briles Son in Law) rather than Weis.
Weis is likely too young and Korn probably would be too.

If anything I suspect Allen would be inclined to go in the other direction and look for an older more experienced guy that he feels could come in and establish some kind of “ball control offense.” I just hope that doesn’t mean we end up with another Debord.

Weis is likely too young and Korn probably would be too.

If anything I suspect Allen would be inclined to go in the other direction and look for an older more experienced guy that he feels could come in and establish some kind of “ball control offense.” I just hope that doesn’t mean we end up with another Debord.
Agree. I expect it will be somebody who has been around the block. Cramsey is the likely profile.

Agree. I expect it will be somebody who has been around the block. Cramsey is the likely profile.
Depends on what Allen means by “ball control” in all honesty. I don’t think of Marshall’s system as a ball control offense, but then I’m skeptical about the likelihood of being able to build and sustain a true ball control offense at IU anyway, especially given the kind and quality of offensive line it would require.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT