ADVERTISEMENT

For those wanting Frye instead of Bostad

vesuvius13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 11, 2017
The OSU boards are calling for the firing of Frye as he hasn't fixed their OL problems or recruiting issues in the two years he has been there. Bostad has done a good enough job in one year to get rehired by Cignetti to continue his work to make the OL better.

Last edited:
The OSU boards are calling for the firing of Frye as he hasn't fixed their OL problems or recruiting issues in the two years he has been there. Bostad has done a good enough job in one year to get rehired by Cignetti to continue his work to make the OL better.
His recruiting has been a bit of a bust so far but they have missed on the top 3 OL in the nation that had OSU in their final two. He had to replace 3 on the OL this year, two of which they really didn’t anticipate going early. All three started as rookies and all played very well. Myself as a Browns fan saw how well Dewad Jones played before a season ending injury.

Day is definitely on the hot seat and from my understanding, there is going to be multiple coaching changes. Urban’s son in Law is rumored to be out as QB coach as well as the special teams coach. James Laurinaitis (who is a GA this year) will replace him. I don’t think Frye gets replaced though. He has a lot returning on the OL and Will Howard at QB should help them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
His recruiting has been a bit of a bust so far but they have missed on the top 3 OL in the nation that had OSU in their final two. He had to replace 3 on the OL this year, two of which they really didn’t anticipate going early. All three started as rookies and all played very well. Myself as a Browns fan saw how well Dewad Jones played before a season ending injury.

Day is definitely on the hot seat and from my understanding, there is going to be multiple coaching changes. Urban’s son in Law is rumored to be out as QB coach as well as the special teams coach. James Laurinaitis (who is a GA this year) will replace him. I don’t think Frye gets replaced though. He has a lot returning on the OL and Matt Howard at QB should help them as well.
11-2 and he's on the hot seat...He needs to GTFO of that place, they're nuts.

It’s the Urban Meyer effect. Urban is so good he jumbles expectations. Happened at Florida, gonna happen at OSU too.

Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT