ADVERTISEMENT

For All the "Brave" Folks Who Want To Go Maskless

There is a story going around on the shopping cart litmus test. The idea is that some people return their shopping cart, others just leave them laying free in the lot to get blown into other cars. One gains no real advantage by taking back a cart (except at Aldi). They do it to benefit others.

So the argument is it is similar to masks.

Can you find where I said all? Of course you can’t. You don’t find it a little pathetic that a governor has to make a statement telling people not to shame others for wearing masks??? Ok then. Also I don’t live in Bloomington.
What about the 3,000 people block parties. The house parties in chicago ? Why do you keep ignoring that? Where's the contempt for all the folks not wearing masks in the black community? Hmmm? Again where's your outrage with that community; you know the community that has most of the cases? Why isn't biden out trying to get them to wear masks? Again that's where most the cases are occurring. I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't fit your stereotypical trump is bad man sorority house narrative. So myopic and dumb. Bubble within a bubble. The dem talking pieces don't do shit about it. Nothing. Make a random speech here and there. Wait for a high profile case, a shooting, like arbery, and throw a fit while ignoring what's really going on. Thank God we have things like the urban league, salvation army, united way, etc. You know the outfits that don't do lip service but actually get out and work. Bubble within a bubble within a bubble.

Our leaders have failed us, on both sides of the ledger. I wish we could hit reset and throw them all out. I'd have given cuban a chance. But for you to endlessly blame everything on trump is pure silliness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
What about the 3,000 people block parties. The house parties in chicago ? Why do you keep ignoring that? Where's the contempt for all the folks not wearing masks in the black community? Hmmm? Again where's your outrage with that community; you know the community that has most of the cases? Why isn't biden out trying to get them to wear masks? Again that's where most the cases are occurring. I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't fit your stereotypical trump is bad man sorority house narrative. So myopic and dumb. Bubble within a bubble. The dem leaders don't do shit about it. Nothing. Make a random speech here and there. Wait for a high profile case, a shooting, like arbery, and throw a fit while ignoring what's really going on. Thank God we have things like the urban league, salvation army, united way, etc. You know the outfits that don't do lip service but actually get out and work. Bubble within a bubble within a bubble.

Our leaders have failed us, on both sides of the ledger. I wish we could hit reset and throw them all out. I'd have given cuban a chance. But for you to endlessly blame everything on trump is pure silliness.
You keep prattling on and on without responding to anything I’ve written. Bye bubble boy.

What about the 3,000 people block parties. The house parties in chicago ? Why do you keep ignoring that? Where's the contempt for all the folks not wearing masks in the black community? Hmmm? Again where's your outrage with that community; you know the community that has most of the cases? Why isn't biden out trying to get them to wear masks? Again that's where most the cases are occurring. I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't fit your stereotypical trump is bad man sorority house narrative. So myopic and dumb. Bubble within a bubble. The dem leaders don't do shit about it. Nothing. Make a random speech here and there. Wait for a high profile case, a shooting, like arbery, and throw a fit while ignoring what's really going on. Thank God we have things like the urban league, salvation army, united way, etc. You know the outfits that don't do lip service but actually get out and work. Bubble within a bubble within a bubble.

They are probably dumb and reckless and selfish and lazy, just like the mindless spring breakers in Florida we saw video of a couple months ago. It's troubling too because if many commentators are accurate, those behaviors will tend to contribute to unnecessary and harmful spread of the virus. Is there anything in what zeke has said here or elsewhere that indicates she disagrees with any of that or that she's fine and dandy with the block partiers?

But taking things beyond dumb and reckless and selfish and lazy to purposefully vengeful, angry, inflamed, and aggressively counterproductive (especially in places like shopping centers where at least some of the people might need to go ... as opposed to a block party where wiser citizens can more easily choose not to interact) on the basis of a twisted ideology raises things to a higher level of noteworthiness, especially when those behaviors are specifically tied back to the POTUS-led points of view and influences.

Why do you find zeke's comments so inflammatory?

They are probably dumb and reckless and selfish and lazy, just like the mindless spring breakers in Florida we saw video of a couple months ago. It's troubling too because if many commentators are accurate, those behaviors will tend to contribute to unnecessary and harmful spread of the virus. Is there anything in what zeke has said here or elsewhere that indicates she disagrees with any of that or that she's fine and dandy with the block partiers?

But taking things beyond dumb and reckless and selfish and lazy to purposefully vengeful, angry, inflamed, and aggressively counterproductive (especially in places like shopping centers where at least some of the people might need to go ... as opposed to a block party where wiser citizens can more easily choose not to interact) on the basis of a twisted ideology raises things to a higher level of noteworthiness, especially when those behaviors are specifically tied back to the POTUS-led points of view and influences.

Why do you find zeke's comments so inflammatory?
Zeke's a one-way street. It's all trumpsters etc. No recognition whatsoever that leaders on both sides of the ledger have failed us: cuomo, deblasio, pelosi, de santis, trump, etc. Cull through any of her posts and it's all trumpsters/republicans. It's white redneck trump protesters, while black "democrat" populations are doing the exact same thing and the dems do nothing to thwart it. she never has criticism or contempt for the latter. Not to mention her endless inane posts about republicans not wearing masks when the largest population impacted by the virus and not wearing masks is blacks (biden's self-proclaimed voting contingency).

There is a story going around on the shopping cart litmus test. The idea is that some people return their shopping cart, others just leave them laying free in the lot to get blown into other cars. One gains no real advantage by taking back a cart (except at Aldi). They do it to benefit others.

So the argument is it is similar to masks.

I always park about as far away from a grocery as possible to prevent the errant cart attack and to keep idiots from dinging my cars with their doors. I'll collect two or three carts on the way in and deposit them in the corral. I particularly enjoy grabbing a cart from someone who has just finished loading their car and is getting in, obviously intending to abandon the cart. I'll say, "I'll take that for you since you obviously must be new here and you don't know where the carts go." An unusually-high number of these people tend to have old Obama or Hillary bumper stickers. Not sure why that is. Maybe I'll just offer them a free yellow Gadsden mask.

EMT’s masks not keeping them safe from me?

Edit: Btw I have my red and white IU Hoosiers mask that I feel silly wearing.
You should feel silly. Why would anyone put that on their face.
POTFH!

This is a good start for herd immunity. 70-90% of the population has to get the virus since their is no vaccine. It is a euphemism for letting the virus running rampant throughout of all society.
Thins the herd as well. Two birds, one stone.

Masks are not healthy or we would have been born with one...oh yeah we were - it’s called an immune system.

You must be the smart one in your family.
And I’m sure you were one of the first to quote the WHO early on...did you not catch this one?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

Have you not observed the general public and their “mask wearing” - it’s really not effective and most likely more detrimental in terms of health. I’ve been working in an “essential” manufacturing plant since day 1 and am very good friends with our EHS director. It’s not an exact science to say the least, and he would agree. He fought hard early on against mandatory masks and lost out to Legal, which is where this shit always falls. Follow the money trail to the truth. It’s about liability more than safety or everyone would be required to wear the full face mask to protect all receptors and 6 foot distancing would really be enforced in the grocery stores, versus just putting some yellow lines on the floor.

And I’m sure you were one of the first to quote the WHO early on...did you not catch this one?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

Have you not observed the general public and their “mask wearing” - it’s really not effective and most likely more detrimental in terms of health. I’ve been working in an “essential” manufacturing plant since day 1 and am very good friends with our EHS director. It’s not an exact science to say the least, and he would agree. He fought hard early on against mandatory masks and lost out to Legal, which is where this shit always falls. Follow the money trail to the truth. It’s about liability more than safety or everyone would be required to wear the full face mask to protect all receptors and 6 foot distancing would really be enforced in the grocery stores, versus just putting some yellow lines on the floor.

Common sense, you lack.

What about the 3,000 people block parties. The house parties in chicago ? Why do you keep ignoring that? Where's the contempt for all the folks not wearing masks in the black community? Hmmm? Again where's your outrage with that community; you know the community that has most of the cases? Why isn't biden out trying to get them to wear masks? Again that's where most the cases are occurring. I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't fit your stereotypical trump is bad man sorority house narrative. So myopic and dumb. Bubble within a bubble. The dem talking pieces don't do shit about it. Nothing. Make a random speech here and there. Wait for a high profile case, a shooting, like arbery, and throw a fit while ignoring what's really going on. Thank God we have things like the urban league, salvation army, united way, etc. You know the outfits that don't do lip service but actually get out and work. Bubble within a bubble within a bubble.

He deserves a majority of it. It's the cost of leadership plus his has been severely lacking and has even been obstructive. You guys want to pretend he's not a incompetent raving buffoon .... why? It's exactly what he is.

Reactions: cosmickid
He deserves a majority of it. It's the cost of leadership plus his has been severely lacking and has even been obstructive. You guys want to pretend he's not a incompetent raving buffoon .... why? It's exactly what he is.

You can observe his bumbling incompetence from space with the naked eye.

Reactions: UncleMark
I have a fear of speed bumps

But I am slowly getting over it

Last edited:
Refute or it’s just flapping in the wind

Your long history on this board has always shown you to be operating well short of a full deck.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dr...-reopen-amid-higher-than-expected-death-tolls

Your reference to an article from 2 months ago is really a helpful reference point. How difficult is it to put a mask on when going into an enclosed public space.... other than being a generally obtuse asshole, and being proud of how smart you think you are?

He’s the top dog. I can’t argue that he doesn’t deserve the majority of the blame.
And yet that’s exactly what you’ve been arguing with me about for a week now. My comment that if Trump would wear a mask and ask his followers to do so, there would not be the disdain for those that do. And a large majority of his followers would do so.

And yet that’s exactly what you’ve been arguing with me about for a week now. My comment that if Trump would wear a mask and ask his followers to do so, there would not be the disdain for those that do. And a large majority of his followers would do so.
Zeke what i've been arguing with you is that the large majority of people who don't wear masks have nothing to do with trump or politics. they're just irresponsible people. The house parties in chicago, the 3,000 person block party in florida, the idiot kids at the lake of the ozarks. whether trump wears a mask or not doesn't bear on these people. they don't even follow politics. they just wanna party.

Your long history on this board has always shown you to be operating well short of a full deck.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dr...-reopen-amid-higher-than-expected-death-tolls

Your reference to an article from 2 months ago is really a helpful reference point. How difficult is it to put a mask on when going into an enclosed public space.... other than being a generally obtuse asshole, and being proud of how smart you think you are?
Did you ever know an asshole that wasn’t the BOSS? Wearing a mask makes as much sense as wearing one of those stupid bicycle helmet!

Zeke what i've been arguing with you is that the large majority of people who don't wear masks have nothing to do with trump or politics. they're just irresponsible people. The house parties in chicago, the 3,000 person block party in florida, the idiot kids at the lake of the ozarks. whether trump wears a mask or not doesn't bear on these people. they don't even follow politics. they just wanna party.
Living scared is not living.

Blame for what?
Stoll my opinion on all of this stuff is different than the vast majority of posters on this board. i am and have been involved in both the service and manufacturing sectors of the economy. prior to this virus we were absolutely humming in both areas. people can say it's obama's economy but it's been 3.5 years since obama was in office and in my entire working life i have never seen as much confidence as we've had under trump. cheap gas. cheap loans. lowest unemployment in 50 years. lowest minority unemployment in 50 years. Great stock market. manufacturing coming back home. new deals abroad where we're not subsidizing the world with trade etc. really, really good times. literally everyone i know was doing great.

then the virus hit and now the economy is toast. imo trump as president could have prevented this disaster. we didn't need to shut down the entire country and trash everything so many have spent years building. with a plan we could have had testing in place, we could have locked the borders, we could have implemented internal travel restrictions, we could have isolated places and regions like ny and the ne to prevent spread, we could have isolated nursing homes and prisons.

When you look at the majority of cases, nursing homes, prisons, certain regions, with proper leadership this thing could have been contained and controlled and 80 percent of the country could have continued working with masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizing. we didn't need to lockdown the entire country. instead we rolled out dr. fauci and birx and models to do a solid month of worst case scenarios and doomsday predictions that changed day-to-day if not week to week - masks, surface contamination etc. Trump should have brought fauci and birx out twice and that's it. follow the science was the mantra. the science has been nothing but a moving target. what we've learned is that the population impacted is very small and with proper planning could have been isolated.

we can say hindsight is 20/20 but this virus wasn't a first impression for us. we had the benefit of the best (and worst) practices from the countries already dealing with the virus. yes pelosi is a dumb shit with her comments in china town, and deblasio in ny, and the gov of fla and spring break, but i think had we had a plan from the genesis of this we could have prevented much of the spread and saved our country and people's ability to provide for their loved ones.

the economy and life was great under trump. he deserves credit for it. now the economy and life is shit. trump deserves the most blame for it as the leader. just my opinion.

Last edited:
Stoll my opinion on all of this stuff is different than the vast majority of posters on this board. i am and have been involved in both the service and manufacturing sectors of the economy. prior to this virus we were absolutely humming in both areas. people can say it's obama's economy but it's been 3.5 years since obama was in office and in my entire working life i have never seen as much confidence as we've had under trump. cheap gas. cheap loans. lowest unemployment in 50 years. lowest minority unemployment in 50 years. manufacturing coming back home. new deals abroad where we're not subsidizing the world with trade etc. really, really good times. literally everyone i know was doing great.

then the virus hit and now the economy is toast. imo trump as president could have prevented this disaster. we didn't need to shut down the entire country and trash everything so many have spent years building. with a plan we could have had testing in place, we could have locked the borders, we could have implemented internal travel restrictions, we could have isolated places and regions like ny and the ne to prevent spread, we could have isolated nursing homes and prisons.

When you look at the majority of cases, nursing homes, prisons, certain regions, with proper leadership this thing could have been contained and controlled and 80 percent of the country could have continued working with masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizing. we didn't need to lockdown the entire country. instead we rolled out dr. fauci and birx and models to do a solid month of worst case scenarios and doomsday predictions that changed day-to-day if not week to week - masks, surface contamination etc. Trump should have brought fauci and birx out twice and that's it. follow the science was the mantra. the science has been nothing but a moving target. what we've learned is that the population impacted is very small and with proper planning could have been isolated.

we can say hindsight is 20/20 but this virus wasn't a first impression for us. we had the benefit of the best (and worst) practices from the countries already dealing with the virus. yes pelosi is a dumb shit with her comments in china town, and deblasio in ny, and the gov of fla and spring break, but i think had we had a plan from the genesis of this we could have prevented much of the spread and saved our country and people's ability to provide for their loved ones.

the economy and life was great under trump. he deserves credit for it. now the economy and life is shit. trump deserves the most blame for it as the leader. just my opinion.

Haven’t been here much. Missed that. I agree on all accounts.

I would add which you might not agree with, when he turned his presidency over Fauci. Fauci accomplished what Schiff, Pelosi, Schumer, all other social democrats and Never Trumpers couldn’t. He got Trump.

Haven’t been here much. Missed that. I agree on all accounts.

I would add which you might not agree with, when he turned his presidency over Fauci. Fauci accomplished what Schiff, Pelosi, Schumer, all other social democrats and Never Trumpers couldn’t. He got Trump.
Rolling Fauci out day after day to feed fear was a big mistake imo. he's changed his opinions as often as the models. We have states where over 80 percent of the cases are in nursing homes and the impact on the work force is negligible at best yet we created so much fear and paranoia we shut it down. it was unnecessary. trump is to blame for that imo.

isolate vulnerable populations and let most of us work with masks, distancing, and other precautions and we wouldn't be in the position we're in now: which is f*cked.

Rolling Fauci out day after day to feed fear was a big mistake imo. he's changed his opinions as often as the models. We have states where over 80 percent of the cases are in nursing homes and the impact on the work force is negligible at best yet we created so much fear and paranoia we shut it down. it was unnecessary. trump is to blame for that imo.

isolate vulnerable populations and let most of us work with masks, distancing, and other precautions and we wouldn't be in the position we're in now: which is f*cked.

There is a blog I follow that said this yesterday:

When we shut down the world in March, we did not yet know how to define the "at-risk" population. We did not know R0 or mortality with any degree of accuracy. With 20-20 hindsight:

1. We were far too late when we shut everything down in New Jersey and New York City
  2. Doing a total shutdown of low population density areas like those in Alaska or Montana was probably overkill
  3. We should have started social distancing in January. If we had changed our behavior earlier (even without a complete shutdown), we might have had a better outcome
Breaking report: This is really important, so I wanted to put it in. Health care workers are not getting infected as often as I would expect. The moral of the story is: if you are careful (masks, gloves, social distancing) you can greatly reduce your risk of exposure.​

Wtf.

There is a blog I follow that said this yesterday:

When we shut down the world in March, we did not yet know how to define the "at-risk" population. We did not know R0 or mortality with any degree of accuracy. With 20-20 hindsight:

1. We were far too late when we shut everything down in New Jersey and New York City
  2. Doing a total shutdown of low population density areas like those in Alaska or Montana was probably overkill
  3. We should have started social distancing in January. If we had changed our behavior earlier (even without a complete shutdown), we might have had a better outcome
Breaking report: This is really important, so I wanted to put it in. Health care workers are not getting infected as often as I would expect. The moral of the story is: if you are careful (masks, gloves, social distancing) you can greatly reduce your risk of exposure.​
For sure Marvin. I just believe that we still had the benefit of time as it relates to other countries and that had we had a really good leader who was adroit at planning, at logistics, or had the right people with that sort of acumen around him, we could have done a far better job both controlling the health crisis AND preserving the economy. People get pissed about the economy over lives but a piss poor economy is a health crisis of its own. Having Fauci in one ear and Kushner in the other ear wasn't the right people to accomplish these complementary ends imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT