ADVERTISEMENT

For All the "Brave" Folks Who Want To Go Maskless

That’s called making a decision based on what was known at the time. The other countries did it and it helped significantly.

We can surely come away from this with revised plans for “next time” but they made the right call at the time. Thinking otherwise is just playing revisionist history.
For sure it’s Monday quarterback, but imo we relied far too much on doomsday scenarios pushed relentlessly by the task force and media to the immense detriment of our country. Now Fauci is going on about the dangers of lockdowns and cuomo’s calling the models worthless. We used little common sense in our approach to this matter. We should have targeted regions and populations. More logistics and supplies and targeted groups and less dr fauci and models.

For sure it’s Monday quarterback, but imo we relied far too much on doomsday scenarios pushed relentlessly by the task force and media to the immense detriment of our country. Now Fauci is going on about the dangers of lockdowns and cuomo’s calling the models worthless. We used little common sense in our approach to this matter. We should have targeted regions and populations. More logistics and supplies and targeted groups and less dr fauci and models.
With respect, nothing you’re saying makes any sense. We went from zero cases to cases popping up everywhere virtually overnight. Only by shutting down the country did it limit the spread to geographic pockets of the country. You’re basically saying that we shouldn’t have done “b” but you should know that you can’t get to “c” without “a” and “b” together.

Thank you!

ar·gue
/ˈärɡyo͞o/ verb
  1. give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view.
AKA the opposite of what you do.

What can you expect from a person who can't understand the difference between your and you're.

With respect, nothing you’re saying makes any sense. We went from zero cases to cases popping up everywhere virtually overnight. Only by shutting down the country did it limit the spread to geographic pockets of the country. You’re basically saying that we shouldn’t have done “b” but you should know that you can’t get to “c” without “a” and “b” together.
There are counties in Missouri that have had less than 10 cases. Zero deaths. Zero. Yet their businesses are gone. Their livelihoods. These are rural people. There aren’t other jobs for them. Examples like this are all over the country impacting millions of people. Ny. Nj. Ne. Nursing homes. That’s the vast majority of cases. We knew or should have know from other countries the trajectory of this thing. The early models were a joke and sent the country into an unnecessary panic.

Last edited:
There are counties in Missouri that have had less than 10 cases. Zero deaths. Zero. Yet their businesses are gone. Their livelihoods. These are rural people. There aren’t other jobs for them. Ny. Nj. Ne. Nursing homes. That’s the vast majority of cases. We knew or should have know from other countries the trajectory of this thing. The early models were a joke and sent the country into an unnecessary panic. We could have done a lockdown, flatten the curve, targeted regions and populations and gotten back to work. The sweeping ongoing lockdowns are oppressive overkill's.

The lockdowns were definitely needed at the advent, but considering we know the populations impacted (nursing homes etc) regions, and death rate, they quickly became overbroad.

The lockdowns were definitely needed at the advent, but considering we know the populations impacted (nursing homes etc) regions, and death rate, they quickly became overbroad.
And so why did lo a leaders not make decisions to open up then? And why do you blame Fauci and the bogeyman media and not locally elected officials?

And so why did lo a leaders not make decisions to open up then? And why do you blame Fauci and the bogeyman media and not locally elected officials?
Never once said that. I blame trump, pelosi, deblasio, cuomo, desantis etc.

I read some of your posts and I wonder with all the doom and gloom you project why get out of bed in the morning? I know this sounds hateful but just go back and take a self inventory of your posts and you'll see what I mean.
You mean I don't come across as Mr. Sunshine?

Maybe part of it stems from the fact that my wife and I are old and have several risk factors between us and there are a lot of douchebags out there who won't wear a fvcking mask.

We've actually dealt with this situation well, and my attitude is not much different than it was before Covid. So far. It's not knowing what tomorrow might bring that wears on us.

Reactions: Thyrsis
Who among Trump, Pelosi, Deblasio, Cuomo, and Desantis had daily national security briefings that, by January 20th at the very latest, revealed the clear evidence for highly contagious nature of the virus and the clear evidence for human-to-human transmission?

Many other heads of state really got cranking between Jan 20 and March 10.

DJT held rallies, played golf, and called it a hoax.

Similar inaction was made taken by lower level politicians, but they did not have the security briefing info to know the facts.

There are counties in Missouri that have had less than 10 cases. Zero deaths. Zero. Yet their businesses are gone. Their livelihoods. These are rural people. There aren’t other jobs for them. Ny. Nj. Ne. Nursing homes. That’s the vast majority of cases. We knew or should have know from other countries the trajectory of this thing. The early models were a joke and sent the country into an unnecessary panic.
Wow. After reading that post, I have to ask: do you have clean underwear nearby?

You intentionally left out lots of things like whether the "rural" areas you refer to are near interstate highways or U.S. routes (where city slickers could bring COVID-19 to the pristine meth-addled parts of Arkansas, for example). If you are openminded, this could make a difference.

Last edited:
Who among Trump, Pelosi, Deblasio, Cuomo, and Desantis had daily national security briefings that, by January 20th at the very latest, revealed the clear evidence for highly contagious nature of the virus and the clear evidence for human-to-human transmission?

Similar inaction was made taken by lower level politicians, but they did not have the security briefing info to know the facts.
I hold trump as the primary person at fault from the beginning of this to the mess we’re still in today. This could have been controlled without destroying the lives of so many.

Nor did they have the CDC, FDA, NIH, FAA, and TSA at their disposal.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Wow. After reading that post, I have to ask: do you have clean underwear nearby?

you intentionally left out lots of thing like whether tje "rural"

You lost me at "etc." Obviously you don't care to he specific in your defense so you can't demand specificity from your critics either.
Per usual I have no idea what you are talking about. I’ve read a number of your posts. Deposing you would be worse than being waterboarded.

The popping up wasn’t random. It followed predictable and known patterns. The shutdowns didn't address the patterns.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Per usual I have no idea what you are talking about. I’ve read a number of your posts. Deposing you would be worse than being waterboarded.
That's a helluva admission that you can't understand my question that "whether the "rural" areas you refer to are near interstate highways or U.S. routes (where city slickers could bring COVID-19 to the pristine meth-addled parts of Arkansas, for example)."

Pretty basic question you failed to grasp. Please don't snore any more -- smart tired people are trying to stay awake.

That's a helluva admission that you can't understand my question that "whether the "rural" areas you refer to are near interstate highways or U.S. routes (where city slickers could bring COVID-19 to the pristine meth-addled parts of Arkansas, for example)."

Pretty basic question you failed to grasp. Please don't snore any more -- smart tired people are trying to stay awake.
My apologies as I was skimming. There are rural areas and counties that are near highways that have very few cases and zero deaths. There are rural areas and counties that are not near highways that have very few cases and zero deaths.

Here's an update on how long it remains infectious inside a human being:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/covid-19-patients-not-infectious-11-days-after-getting-sick

It's also been known since early March that COVID19 can remain viable on stainless steel for up to 3 days...

We are (in my opinion) headed for a 2nd wave of this stuff and it will be fueled by people who should have known better...

There will be a 2nd wave. But I think with more information out there and awareness it may not be as bad as the 1st.
Social distancing may just become a norm for the foreseeable future. You just hope the idiots who claim that it was never a big deal don't ignore the measures that helped mitigate the 1st Wave start shouting that it's all a 'hoax' again during the 2nd.

Reactions: 76-1

If you leave it to medical professionals they will always plan for the worse and hope for the best.
It's just part of their training. No decent medical professionals will offer you the most optimistic perspective as the initial diagnosis of any scenario.

I do agree with you on the lockdown nuclear option.

I am always for a incremental approach. Start a bunch of small measures first
More importantly the population will have gotten used to it and will gradually understand the seriousness of the task at hand.... And will have a higher adherence rate if and when the nuclear option is used. Behaviour modification.

If you leave it to medical professionals they will always plan for the worse and hope for the best.
It's just part of their training. No decent medical professionals will offer you the most optimistic perspective as the initial diagnosis of any scenario.

I do agree with you on the lockdown nuclear option.

I am always for a incremental approach. Start a bunch of small measures first
More importantly the population will have gotten used to it and will gradually understand the seriousness of the task at hand.... And will have a higher adherence rate if and when the nuclear option is used. Behaviour modification.
I’m more jaded. 17 years of deposing doctors will do that. They were just guessing and based on their guesses we took the nuclear option.

Hopefully for the second wave we take a more targeted and tailored approach to lockdowns.

Those patterns only became known and predictable in hindsight.

Don’t agree. The age distribution was known from the get go. The air travel clusters were known immediately. Eagle county Colorado was an early cluster for known reasons.

Our governmental leadership is steeped in one-size-fits-all thinking and policies. That’s how we responded. There was no . . . . ahem. . . . nuance in the response. With appropriate social distance and hand washing etc. there was no reason to lock down the millions of mom and pop business. And if there was, once we knew the curve was flattened, there was no need to stay with it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’m more jaded. 17 years of deposing doctors will do that. They were just guessing and based on their guesses we took the nuclear option.

Hopefully for the second wave we take a more targeted and tailored approach to lockdowns.

I think the nuclear option or lockdown was a desperate choice after the previous recommendations were ignored.
The longer you wait to implement the measures the more Draconian the choices later.

Reactions: outside shooter

And yet... Mister Politically Correct:

trump-ford-mask-e1590154608697.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT