ADVERTISEMENT

Fireworks in Afghanistan

You'd think we'd won something after 17 years, no?

To be fair, the ever evolving terrorist threat being what it is, we will be needed there again soon enough...VBSEG

lNiZULj.jpg

Indiana Republican Congressman Jim Banks who served in Afghanistan four years ago and visited recently had this say about the situation there

After visiting troops and leaders on the ground in Afghanistan, I'm convinced that our efforts there are as important as ever. While much has changed since I first deployed four years ago, too much remains the same. It’s clear to me that the security situation has deteriorated even further since I deployed there and the threats have evolved, with the emerging threat of ISIS-K and the Taliban taking footholds in new parts of country since the failed Obama strategy of drawdown five years ago.

I also repeat my earlier call for the Trump Administration to provide a progress report to the American people about our efforts in Afghanistan. It’s been over a year since the Administration announced its South Asia Strategy, and the public deserves to know if this strategy is working and why our ongoing investment there is impor
tant. Either a visit by the President or a presidential address could go a long way to giving much-needed clarity.​

I completely agree with Banks about the president and his administration giving the American people a full accounting of the situation in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT