ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

Probably make a decision tonight, when the path is more well known.

Right now, all indications are it's heading to Tampa, which would put us in the surge zone, but we're far enough inland I don't think it will get here. It didn't with Ian and it hit closer to here.
If it’s coming as a five go south and hit alligator alley across. Stay west of Ft. Lauderdale

Reactions: DANC
Yeah I'd get the hell outta dodge. I'd rather regret dealing with traffic and paying for a couple nights in an overpriced hotel room than the possible alternative. But I don't live in Florida, so I don't have to deal with this ever. My sister in law lives in Tampa and they never leave either.
Supposedly Tampa hasn't had a direct hurricane hit since the 1920s

Too bad that's not Murt's spot on the flag, he could just shag himself...problem solved!

2492051-Rodney-Dangerfield-Quote-Do-ya-remember-the-first-time-you-had-sex.jpg

I’d still go east even just for a night. Call though don’t wait. Shit books fast
Definitely will. We belong to the Hilton Vacation Club and they don't have vacancies around Miami. But they do in Orlando - right in the path of the hurricane. lol Still, it would be away from the surge. I could go cross country to get to Orlando, although the traffice through there would be insane.

I'll have the wife check out Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe an AirBnB since my friends are down here for the month and we could all go over there. I hope this shit is over by Saturday - we're flying up to Atlants for the ELO concert Saturday night.

Definitely will. We belong to the Hilton Vacation Club and they don't have vacancies around Miami. But they do in Orlando - right in the path of the hurricane. lol Still, it would be away from the surge. I could go cross country to get to Orlando, although the traffice through there would be insane.

I'll have the wife check out Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe an AirBnB since my friends are down here for the month and we could all go over there. I hope this shit is over by Saturday - we're flying up to Atlants for the ELO concert Saturday night.
Or Miami - there will be availability there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT