ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Milton needs it's own thread. tropical storm to Cat 5

BCCHoosier

All-Big Ten
Sep 5, 2001
In less than 24 hours. Just insane. Someone is going to get hit, but even with or just north of Tampa will be historic.

In less than 24 hours. Just insane. Someone is going to get hit, but even with or just north of Tampa will be historic.
Not surprised, because I’m sure the Gulf waters are very warm and it’s cutting right through the center in open water.

Small storm now, but will get bigger as it approaches Florida coast. Will most likely drop to a Cat 3 at landfall, but the storm surge will be set in motion at that point.

Any lithium mines in this storm’s path?
It's going to be something. There are probably lots of tic tokkers and youtubers looking up any type of publicly accessible federal contracts and lands in the path of Milton as we speak.

Small storm now, but will get bigger as it approaches Florida coast. Will most likely drop to a Cat 3 at landfall, but the storm surge will be set in motion at that point.
Storm surge is very much dependent on wind direction which, in turn, hinges on the location of the center of the storm. If the storm center makes landfall just north of Tampa, the wind will be onshore for the barrier islands and Tampa Bay with a devastating storm surge. If the center goes just south of the region, the wind will be blowing offshore and the surge at that latitude will be only a few feet. But Sarasota/Bradenton, or further down into Venice/Punta Gorda could then get major surge.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Can we get Mas or Dbm to investigate and tell us who is at the wheel steering this one?

Biden and Harris are such numbskulls. They should just fire one up out in the Atlantic and aim it right at Palm Beach. Time it just right and...

I know I’m and old fart, but I don’t understand the bad jokes and piss poor comedy in this thread. In 48 hours many will be dead, old retirees will be helpless, people will lose spouses, parents and kids, many people will be wiped out of everything they own, and those who have invested their life savings in a business will be wiped out.

This is gonna be a bad one.

I know I’m and old fart, but I don’t understand the bad jokes and piss poor comedy in this thread. In 48 hours many will be dead, old retirees will be helpless, people will lose spouses, parents and kids, many people will be wiped out of everything they own, and those who have invested their life savings in a business will be wiped out.

My ex and I had a place in Lakewood ranch ages ago and I’m getting evac phone calls from co gov

I totally get why you'd say that. For what it's worth, I think most of the joking around in this thread are at the expense of the crazy people pushing crazy conspiracy theories about Helene. I don't think anyone on here would actually joke about what the actual outcome of hurricane Milton actually will be.

I totally get why you'd say that. For what it's worth, I think most of the joking around in this thread are at the expense of the crazy people pushing crazy conspiracy theories about Helene. I don't think anyone on here would actually joke about what the actual outcome of hurricane Milton actually will be.
He's apparently unaware of the far-right conspiracy theory that Helene was somehow planned or orchestrated to help Dems in the upcoming election. MTG, in discussing Helene: "Yes! They can control the weather. It's ridiculous for anyone to lie and say it can't be done." No explanation from the imbecile/congresswoman as to who "they" are.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

I had a post ready saying same thing. I deleted because I didn’t want to deal with responses.

Look up gallows humor, this has happened as long as humans have been capable of making jokes to ease the tension. It partially stems from our lack of power, there is nothing we can do to change what will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT