ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

The link is in your link.

WaPo is lying to you. What the Trump administration did is plain to see. Apples and oranges.
The one link I see is to the official document where the Trump Administration moved the money from other programs, including FEMA, because of the humanitarian crisis at the border:

The money going to the migrants has been under a program budgeted by congress and not out of disaster funds as some make it sound.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
No ****ing way is that real. That sounds like a bad comedy skit on the WB channel.
It doesn’t exist, hooky. Right wing propagandists are just creating these notions. No one really believes them. No one is acting upon them. You can’t define woke perfectly, so it doesn’t exist.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nope. It's what the DHS Appropriation language says. It is CBP funding that Congress authorized to be transferred to FEMA for actual execution. Has absolutely nothing to do with the FEMA disaster relief funds.

A form of this program has appropriated by Congress since 2019. Hmmm....

I'll try once more. At some point, just admit you're wrong and move on.

Here from the Congressional Research Service report.....

Authority, Funding, and Allowable Activities
The DHS Appropriations Act, 2024 (P.L. 118-47, Div. C, Title II) directed Customs and Border Protection
(CBP) to transfer $650 million of its FY2024 appropriation to FEMA for the SSP. The funding is
to support sheltering and related activities provided by non-Federal entities, in support of relieving
overcrowding in [CBP] short-term holding facilities.

You are "right" but are missing the forest for the trees....

The one link I see is to the official document where the Trump Administration moved the money from other programs, including FEMA, because of the humanitarian crisis at the border:
You’ve already seen 1 major distinctions, look at the data and you’ll find the other two.

The money going to the migrants has been under a program budgeted by congress and not out of disaster funds as some make it sound.
This is the WaPo lie based upon Mayorkas head fake. I’ve explained the difference.

As far as FEMA running short is concerned, that is a Mayorkas quote. But I’ll give you that he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Reactions: DANC
Wednesday before the storm through Monday. You should do some research. I guess, all I heard was the Republican Governor, the Police Chief, and everyone else who were working as hard as they possibly could to get to vulnerable people while there was absolutely no way to communicate.

They are collecting aid because the NEED aid, badly. Their water system was destroyed. There are 2,000,000 people in that area and I can tell you from witnessing it that everyone was doing their very best. The National Guard, like everyone else needed to know who were in the greatest need and who was at the most risk. When I made my way out of town on Monday My mom and her husband were with friends over a mountain that had power and water. And the kindness in my mom's little neighborhood was just...I'm without words. This is what happens when Americans work together.

No one was complaining. They were just working together. I'm hoping your family is okay. I hope they feel the same about the response. It was the most shocking event I've ever witnessed first hand...and I'm relieved to see everyone working together.o

Wednesday before the storm through Monday. You should do some research. I guess, all I heard was the Republican Governor, the Police Chief, and everyone else who were working as hard as they possibly could to get to vulnerable people while there was absolutely no way to communicate.

They are collecting aid because the NEED aid, badly. Their water system was destroyed. There are 2,000,000 people in that area and I can tell you from witnessing it that everyone was doing their very best. The National Guard, like everyone else needed to know who were in the greatest need and who was at the most risk. When I made my way out of town on Monday My mom and her husband were with friends over a mountain that had power and water. And the kindness in my mom's little neighborhood was just...I'm without words. This is what happens when Americans work together.

No one was complaining. They were just working together. I'm hoping your family is okay. I hope they feel the same about the response. It was the most shocking event I've ever witnessed first hand...and I'm relieved to see everyone working together.
Not trying to make this political, but this is what rural American does - takes care of themselves and their neighbors.

Little, if any, looting and thievery. And those that are doing it are likely to have justice meted out by the locals.

Really glad your family got out OK. I was just in that area 10 days ago at an apple orchard about 10 miles from Flat Rock and I imagine it's been washed away. The devastation is unimaginable.

It doesn’t exist, hooky. Right wing propagandists are just creating these notions. No one really believes them. No one is acting upon them. You can’t define woke perfectly, so it doesn’t exist.
Maybe no one believes them, but the entire scenario is believable.

Just got the last of my supplies and am hunkering down. @Lucy01 is doing what the rich people down here do - bug out. lol

Gas stations are running out of gas. People are filling up gas cans for generators. But overall, everyone is really patient.

I'm not too worried - we're at the southern edge of the estimated area.
You’re staying? In Naples?

Just got the last of my supplies and am hunkering down. @Lucy01 is doing what the rich people down here do - bug out. lol

Gas stations are running out of gas. People are filling up gas cans for generators. But overall, everyone is really patient.

How are the roads? Are the highways packed for those trying to flee?

Hope to be out of here soon!

How far inland are you
He's beachfront. Can't believe you haven't been to his place before.

3KapaluaPl-566-Edit.jpg

DANC you might want to stay vigilant. Storm surge at Bonita Springs is in the red:

Yeah I'd get the hell outta dodge. I'd rather regret dealing with traffic and paying for a couple nights in an overpriced hotel room than the possible alternative. But I don't live in Florida, so I don't have to deal with this ever. My sister in law lives in Tampa and they never leave either.

Yeah I'd get the hell outta dodge. I'd rather regret dealing with traffic and paying for a couple nights in an overpriced hotel room than the possible alternative. But I don't live in Florida, so I don't have to deal with this ever. My sister in law lives in Tampa and they never leave either.
Are they staying for this one? That seems really dangerous with this storm.

How is that?
That is over half a billion dollars set aside to take care of an issue that we chose to allow to happen. That money could have been reprogrammed or not have already been on the government IOU list if we hadn't spent it on people that don't belong here in the first place. Money spent on illegals is money not currently available to spend for disaster aid. We have to come up with more money for that.

Go to Fort Lauderdale etc for a night or two if north is too much traffic
I'm thinking that's the way to go if I do go.

The wife is in full blown panic mode. My daughter, who did a mission trip to Nigeria in an area identified by the State Department as a dangerous area, is now nagging me to leave. I told her she has no room to talk.

Last edited:
Landfall is late Wednesday, correct? Hopefully that's enough time to get everyone out.
Probably make a decision tonight, when the path is more well known.

Right now, all indications are it's heading to Tampa, which would put us in the surge zone, but we're far enough inland I don't think it will get here. It didn't with Ian and it hit closer to here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT