ADVERTISEMENT

FEMA

The link is in your link.

WaPo is lying to you. What the Trump administration did is plain to see. Apples and oranges.
The one link I see is to the official document where the Trump Administration moved the money from other programs, including FEMA, because of the humanitarian crisis at the border:

The money going to the migrants has been under a program budgeted by congress and not out of disaster funds as some make it sound.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
No ****ing way is that real. That sounds like a bad comedy skit on the WB channel.
It doesn’t exist, hooky. Right wing propagandists are just creating these notions. No one really believes them. No one is acting upon them. You can’t define woke perfectly, so it doesn’t exist.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nope. It's what the DHS Appropriation language says. It is CBP funding that Congress authorized to be transferred to FEMA for actual execution. Has absolutely nothing to do with the FEMA disaster relief funds.

A form of this program has appropriated by Congress since 2019. Hmmm....

I'll try once more. At some point, just admit you're wrong and move on.

Here from the Congressional Research Service report.....

Authority, Funding, and Allowable Activities
The DHS Appropriations Act, 2024 (P.L. 118-47, Div. C, Title II) directed Customs and Border Protection
(CBP) to transfer $650 million of its FY2024 appropriation to FEMA for the SSP. The funding is
to support sheltering and related activities provided by non-Federal entities, in support of relieving
overcrowding in [CBP] short-term holding facilities.

You are "right" but are missing the forest for the trees....

The one link I see is to the official document where the Trump Administration moved the money from other programs, including FEMA, because of the humanitarian crisis at the border:
You’ve already seen 1 major distinctions, look at the data and you’ll find the other two.

The money going to the migrants has been under a program budgeted by congress and not out of disaster funds as some make it sound.
This is the WaPo lie based upon Mayorkas head fake. I’ve explained the difference.

As far as FEMA running short is concerned, that is a Mayorkas quote. But I’ll give you that he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT