ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Stats are out: Rourke is

He is a really good QB. I mean, I'm in the middle of the second quarter thinking "Rourke isn't having a really good game." And they flash the stats on the screen and he's completing 67% and has 130-is yards and I'm just chuckling at my observation...

He's been so strong that stats others would kill for have me thinking he's off his game a little.

Our coaches have the whole team playing better than in the past. Receivers are blocking this year, the OL is better once again, RBs gaining more yards and pass blocking, QB completion rate higher along with yardage and TDs, TE is blocking to break RBs free. Add in a very good defense and we see a team that is much better.

He is a really good QB. I mean, I'm in the middle of the second quarter thinking "Rourke isn't having a really good game." And they flash the stats on the screen and he's completing 67% and has 130-is yards and I'm just chuckling at my observation...

He's been so strong that stats others would kill for have me thinking he's off his game a little.
Said exactly the same thing at exactly that point in the game. He did appear a little off, but he’s still amazing. Wish he had another year or two.

I know I should know this, but I was another that didn’t pay much attention to transfers or anything else, until they started getting attention. I know Rourke is a senior but will he have another year of eligibility or no?
This is for sure his final year. He came to IU so he could make real money next year. Plan is perfect so far.

Last edited:
National stats would be much more meaningful if everyone in the country played Western Illinois.

National stats would be much more meaningful if everyone in the country played Western Illinois.

I'd suggest you a look around the country at who other top 40 teams scheduled early before you make a snide remark like that...

Just around the Big Ten those perineal powerhouses such as Weber St. Prairie View A&M, Indiana State, and Northern Iowa,etc...; litter the schedules...

In the SEC, teams like Furman, Chattanooga, Murray State, UAPB (who the h... is that???), Eastern Kentucky, Samford and McNeese pop up on their out of conference scheduling landscape...

We've just finally decided to schedule smart like what appears to be over half of the rest of our near peers in the country... I'd say that's a good thing considering the overall results...

Last edited:
This is for sure his final year. He’s came to IU so he could make real money next year. Plan is perfect so far.
I suspect this will be Cignetti’s best season while at IU. Next year will have a hard act to follow with new QB and assistant coach(es). Enjoy each passing moment of the present right now, as we speak.

I suspect this will be Cignetti’s best season while at IU. Next year will have a hard act to follow with new QB and assistant coach(es). Enjoy each passing moment of the present right now, as we speak.
Why would next year be harder than what he took over last year? Last year he needed and QB and half the team was in the portal (a team that had been very poor for three years). Next year he has the beginnings of a foundation to build from.

It's college FB. Players come and go. Sometimes assistants do too. It's not a big deal.

Why would next year be harder than what he took over last year? Last year he needed and QB and half the team was in the portal (a team that had been very poor for three years). Next year he has the beginnings of a foundation to build from.

It's college FB. Players come and go. Sometimes assistants do too. It's not a big deal.
I agree about the players, but somewhat disagree about the assistants...that most certainly CAN be a big deal. Remember when we actually had Alabama's staff?

Reactions: red hornet
I'd suggest you a look around the country at who other top 40 teams scheduled early before you make a snide remark like that...

Just around the Big Ten those perineal powerhouses such as Weber St. Prairie View A&M, Indiana State, and Northern Iowa,etc...; litter the schedules...

In the SEC, teams like Furman, Chattanooga, Murray State, UAPB (who the h... is that???), Eastern Kentucky, Samford and McNeese pop up on their out of conference scheduling landscape...

We've just finally decided to schedule smart like what appears to be over half of the rest of our near peers in the country... I'd say that's a good thing considering the overall results...
Not only that but the SEC puts cupcakes in the middle of the season. Alabama plays Marist. Georgia plays UMass, Tennessee plays utep. The SEC is a mess….

I’m not worried about next year. Another favorable schedule and he’s had great QB play every year. After rourke puts his numbers up they will have QBs lining up.

Hopefully so, but I remember after our first and only ever Rose Bowl game we all said, “Just wait until the B.I.G. 3 are seniors!” (Butcher, Isenbarger, Gonso) Our W-L record got progressively worse each successive season. Planetary alignment and stars that smile are factors out of our control.

Reactions: red hornet

Well, you didn’t tell us that we were supposed to do legwork to provide ourselves perspective. That’s a great hindrance to blindly pissing and moaning, so you just cut that out right now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT