ADVERTISEMENT

F1: 2021/22 Season

Not excited about the Dutch GP after turning practice on. I’ve only seen this circuit on the F1 game. Not impressed. Don’t see any real passing areas. The race looks to be decided tomorrow.

Reactions: sglowrider
Not excited about the Dutch GP after turning practice on. I’ve only seen this circuit on the F1 game. Not impressed. Don’t see any real passing areas. The race looks to be decided tomorrow.
Reminds me of a shorter version of Mugello. Looks cool in cockpit but nowhere really to pass. Even T1 in an F1 car isn't much of a braking zone.

Interesting circuit for the Dutch GP. Constant, short changes in directions and elevation like a roller coaster. Sensory overload!
Must be like driving a 1000HP go-kart/circuit.

Last edited:
Interesting circuit for the Dutch GP. Constant, short changes in directions and elevation like a roller coaster. Sensory overload!
Must be like driving a 1000HP go-kart/circuit.

Indeed. Watching qualifying...Russell has just binned it...but yeah it's definitely a bizarre looking circuit, at least on TV. I do agree with Ce36ei that that we won't see much overtaking tomorrow. It's going to come down to qualifying and pit strategy.

Indeed. Watching qualifying...Russell has just binned it...but yeah it's definitely a bizarre looking circuit, at least on TV. I do agree with Ce36ei that that we won't see much overtaking tomorrow. It's going to come down to qualifying and pit strategy.
Monaco on the beach.

Whingey Spice complaining as usual --- this time about Merc having the heat blankets on their tires for too long.

Reactions: larsIU
This will be interesting to see. I think Russell will give Lewis a run on pure pace. We'll see if he has the maturity yet to turn that into a true competition over the course of a season.
I suspect Russell is mature enough to know that he has a lot to learn. He's still make costly mistakes when he tries too hard. Hopefully he will sponge up as much as possible from one of the greatest driver of all time.

I suspect Russell is mature enough to know that he has a lot to learn. He's still make costly mistakes when he tries too hard. Hopefully he will sponge up as much as possible from one of the greatest driver of all time.

It will be interesting to see how long Hamilton stays around. I suppose it depends somewhat on whether he manages to win this season, as well as how Mercedes fares with the new regulations. Toto seems like he could walk away at any point. Once he's gone, is Hamilton far behind? I mean, Russell wasn't brought there to replace Bottas. He was brought there to ultimately replace Hamilton.

It will be interesting to see how long Hamilton stays around. I suppose it depends somewhat on whether he manages to win this season, as well as how Mercedes fares with the new regulations. Toto seems like he could walk away at any point. Once he's gone, is Hamilton far behind? I mean, Russell wasn't brought there to replace Bottas. He was brought there to ultimately replace Hamilton.
Something tells me Hamilton wants to hang 10 on the board. But I think he has about a 3-4 year window max to do that. Everybody gets old at some point.

Doesn't Toto have like 20-30% equity in the F1 team? He won't walk away and will certainly be looking at Russell as the heir apparent.
Maybe he's eyeing the Mercedes-Benz AG CEO or Chairman role?

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Something tells me Hamilton wants to hang 10 on the board. But I think he has about a 3-4 year window max to do that. Everybody gets old at some point.

If he doesn't win this year he's going to have a tough time making it to 10, in my opinion.

Doesn't Toto have like 20-30% equity in the F1 team? He won't walk away and will certainly be looking at Russell as the heir apparent.
Maybe he's eyeing the Mercedes-Benz AG CEO or Chairman role?
I meant walk away from the Team Principal role. I believe he's said that could happen pretty much without much notice.

If he doesn't win this year he's going to have a tough time making it to 10, in my opinion.

Dunno. The new regualtions is a game changer.
I have a feeling that Merc has been sandbagging their resources for this yearin prep for next year's changes.
They just dont seem to be finding the solutions like they did in the past whenever a new season challenger rears its head.

I meant walk away from the Team Principal role. I believe he's said that could happen pretty much without much notice.

I am sure he has to shift to a 9-5 schedule soon. His wife is now managing some Formula E team right? Some one has to be home for the kids more at some point.

Ultimately Toto preferred Bottas I think…HAM obviously wanted Bottas. It’s an interesting situation. I can almost see Christian grinning in the background, hoping the internal power struggle weakens Mercedes. They just couldn’t hold George back any longer for risk of losing him.

This year is definitely a toss up. They're on to two traditionally strong Merc tracks (or at the least, not very good tracks for RB) so Hamilton could be back on top in the next few weeks.

We'll see what happens next year though even bigger changes are looming for 2025 when the engine formula could change pretty drastically.

Without the halo, Lewis dies today. I just saw a picture where Lewis’ head is actually being compressed down by Verstappen’s back tire. No wonder his neck is sore.

Without the halo, Lewis dies today. I just saw a picture where Lewis’ head is actually being compressed down by Verstappen’s back tire. No wonder his neck is sore.

Those sausage curbs were a bit much through those chicanes. Cars should not be getting airborne like that at such low speeds.

The curb caused the bunny hop into Lewis but pretty sure the rear tires hooked together and that’s what sent Max over the top.

His comment "and that's what happens when you don't leave enough room" was a pretty obvious tell.

Senna/Prost all over again.
Max is just spoilt kid who has been overly pampered by whingey spice. He has this issue with quite a lot of drivers incl Charles.
He thinks he can just bully his way around

Max is just spoilt kid who has been overly pampered by whingey spice. He has this issue with quite a lot of drivers incl Charles.
He thinks he can just bully his way around
Make room for me but not for thee.

yes, most drivers are like this. I am aware.

This whole championship just got spicy. These two guys hate each other. F1 needs this. Having a bunch of nice guys driving around and one dude easily winning was so dull. I don't much care for either of these guys. And that makes it all the better. Bring on the drama!

This whole championship just got spicy. These two guys hate each other. F1 needs this. Having a bunch of nice guys driving around and one dude easily winning was so dull. I don't much care for either of these guys. And that makes it all the better. Bring on the drama!
Happy to see McLaren with a 1-2. Hell, they might have pulled that on pure pace regardless of the outcome of the Max/Ham drama.

Happy to see McLaren with a 1-2. Hell, they might have pulled that on pure pace regardless of the outcome of the Max/Ham drama.

I think Ricciardo would have won regardless. The real question isn't so much the crash, but what would have happened if not for the 11 second Red Bull pit stop. That's what set up the whole thing. Verstappen was a few seconds up on Norris and Hamilton before that, but maybe 2 seconds back of Daniel. Hamilton had just passed Norris for P3. So, would Verstappen have swapped places with Ricciardo with a good pit stop? I don't think so. I think Ricciardo keeps that lead. Norris, having been passed on the track by Hamilton is already behind both Max and Lewis, and really barring an incident I don't see him making an actual on track pass, so I'm seeing P4 for Norris. Does Lewis close the 4/5 second gap to Max? Maybe, but can he pass? Probably not safely, lol.

So really, the Red Bull pit stop set up the whole thing, and to a lesser extent Hamilton's 4 second pit stop which led to the crash. A normal 2.8 second stop gets Hamilton out ahead on Max...and maybe Norris.

Doesn’t Max need an entire new PU? I’m sure they’ll take it here and take their medicine. Just about every circuit after this is a Red Bull one.

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Doesn’t Max need an entire new PU? I’m sure they’ll take it here and take their medicine. Just about every circuit after this is a Red Bull one.
Right but does Merc take one too for Hamilton? Or grab the points?

If I were Merc I’d go for a max points weekend. The best Verstappen likely does is P3 or P4 depending how the Mclarens do there. (Which I assume will be very good)

Go watch Schumacher on Netflix. Very well done. I’m sure he had his warts but it seems, on balance, that Michael was an incredibly decent human being. And a hell of a husband/father.

The end is brutal. His wife is a champ.

Go watch Schumacher on Netflix. Very well done. I’m sure he had his warts but it seems, on balance, that Michael was an incredibly decent human being. And a hell of a husband/father.

The end is brutal. His wife is a champ.

By all accounts, he was a decent fella. Was just a cnut on the track.

@Hank Reardon

iRacing might put Codemasters (F1 series) out of business before too long.

@Hank Reardon

iRacing might put Codemasters (F1 series) out of business before too long.

I doubt it. There will always be a market and a need for the "simcade" pc game and console version of these things for casual gamers. Not everyone wants a real sim with all that entails. Games like F1 202x will always be there for the great unwashed. :)

I doubt it. There will always be a market and a need for the "simcade" pc game and console version of these things for casual gamers. Not everyone wants a real sim with all that entails. Games like F1 202x will always be there for the great unwashed. :)
iRacing gonna grab the esports market for F1 though I bet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT