ADVERTISEMENT

F1: 2021/22 Season

Hamilton is just so much better driver than everyone else. He’s a stone-cold killer. Ice in his veins.
In the sweet spot now -- Mature, calm, precise, and ruthlessly consistent. You put him in the Red Bull car and I'll bet my bottom dollar he would win the WC.

Reactions: larsIU
Hamilton is just so much better driver than everyone else. He’s a stone-cold killer. Ice in his veins.
In the sweet spot now -- Mature, calm, precise, and ruthlessly consistent. You put him in the Red Bull car and I'll bet my bottom dollar he would win the WC.
Yeah, you could hear Max just losing his shit after the pit stop. He knew he was toast.

Reactions: sglowrider
BTW, this weekend is the iRacing Indy 500. Four time slots. Qualifying is going on hourly until tomorrow. Over 1000 have qualified so far. The "splits" will be broken up into groups of 33. The fastest 33 in split 1, next 33 in split 2, etc. So far I'm around #230 with a 4 lap avg of 39.7xx. The top 4 lap avg right now is 39.622. I'll try to improve my tine but it won't matter that much.

Full race distance, full cautions, tires, fuel, the whole thing.

Here's a live stream from the top split from last year. No, I won't make the top split.

I wouldn't mind a run in that simulator.

I wonder how much of the technology they develop there can be diluted and/or trickle down to Stuttgart/AMG. I do know they sell some of their IP to other F1 teams.
But it just seems like a giant waste otherwise -- the factory set-up is so German even though it was originally English.

Ferraris 1 & 2 after FP2 today. I know it won't hold up on Saturday, but it won't stop me for believing for a couple of days.

Ferrari! There’s a real chance a Merc starts 7th tomorrow!! Qual is going to be epic.

Ferrari! There’s a real chance a Merc starts 7th tomorrow!! Qual is going to be epic.

Every time I watch footage of the track via the car's onboard camera, my BP goes up.
Such a technical track -- one mistake and you pay for it at the next apex like Mick Schumacher found out.
I think it's a track you realise how good the drivers are and why they are the best in the world. The number of blind corners at 120-180mph is crazy. And its so narrow.

I mean you can track and hit long sweeping bends at 80mph, clipping the apex. But feck, this track, there are multiple blind apex or walls/barriers that you could hit within 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Lets hope he doesn't. Home win will do him a huge boost in confidence.
We will need him and Norris to compete against Max in a few year's time.

The general reddit consensus seems to be it's likely a gearbox change, which would be a 5 grid spot penalty. I hope not, but that would be par for the Ferrari course.

Remember when Kubica said his car was broken...now Danny Ric is inferring the same.

The thing about Danny Ric is that he wasn't really burning up the track his 1st year at Renault either.

There is a learning curve for each car. Even Vettel went to some lengths in explaining that yesterday.

But if Danny keeps changing teams just when he has finally caught up on the learning curve .... and then leaves, he will never get to optimise that knowledge base.

The clock's ticking and Danny's on his 3 team in 4 years.

I thought he turned the corner last race. Clearly not! Sainz should’ve been P1 today. As a Mclaren backer, it pains me he left. Him and Lando were really good for each other.

LEClerc:

They tried to make me go to Rehab Garage
But I said no, no, no

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT