ADVERTISEMENT

F1: 2021/22 Season

Hamilton. I just think the Mercedes is too strong overall. Hamilton will win it.

They will play the long game tomorrow. All about strategy. One stop versus two unless max can manage his tires or create such a lead to compensate for it.
What's strange was Lewis not asking or getting a tow from Bottas in the final run.

They will play the long game tomorrow. All about strategy. One stop versus two unless max can manage his tires or create such a lead to compensate for it.
What's strange was Lewis not asking or getting a tow from Bottas in the final run.
I assume they didn’t want to ruin Bottas’ shot at getting a decent starting spot. Of course, he didn’t anyway. In the end Lewis starting P2 vs P1 probably doesn’t matter, given Max on the softs.

Reactions: sglowrider
Both wiped out the first corner followed by a dull race dominated by discussion over whether Max will be given a points ban??

Or imagine the hysteria if Max retires in lap one and Lewis on the last lap 😅 😅

The Perez defense was exciting, but it's the Lewis coronation drive from here on. Congrats to Hamilton on championship #8.
I did question Merc' decision to box Lewis a lap after Max. Why not take advantage of his tires?
We will see how much tires were taken out from the battle with Checo -- and that early boxing cost him later in the race.

I did question Merc' decision to box Lewis a lap after Max. Why not take advantage of his tires?
We will see how much tires were taken out from the battle with Checo -- and that early boxing cost him later in the race.

Mercedes shows so much pace. I imagine a like for like pit strategy is less risky for them as the only chance RB has is some kind of strategy advantage. The Mercedes is just too quick. The only way they lose now is some kind of actual mech/tire failure.

They’re so fast there’s no reason to risk a pit stop. The Bottas cross lug gives them PTSD I’m sure.

Mercedes’ being uber conservative completely screwed them. Newer hards probably make the difference.

I don’t see it matters if they let all the back markers by or not it’s a moot point. It’s the same result regardless. Unless it somehow hurt Bottas. I guess that could be their foot to stand on.

I don’t see it matters if they let all the back markers by or not it’s a moot point. It’s the same result regardless. Unless it somehow hurt Bottas. I guess that could be their foot to stand on.

The problem with a protest would be, what is the remedy? It's not like the end can be replayed with the lapped cars still there. So what can they do? Simply decide that Lewis "would have won?" I just can't see any sort of protest of the decision overturning the result.

If I was Lewis I would retire. Let that race be added onto his legacy.

Masi makes things up on the fly. A 11sec lead with 3 or 4 laps to go and suddenly the race/championship gets decided by a one lap shootout with the leader on old tires. It's almost like the stewards wanted a particular result.

It's almost like Netflix had it scripted this way. Cliff hanger for the following season!

Ha ha. Likely. Lewis deserved the race today, but then again Max had bad luck earlier in the season that would have decided it before today. I'm not a Max fan, but overall on the season I think he was stronger.

And Ferrari screwed over my man Charles. I have no idea why they pitted in near the end.

But they didn’t penalize Lewis for cutting a corner. The stewards argument doesn’t hold up. It was just a perfect storm of a situation. There was no way they could let it end under caution after all the build up. I commend them.

Ha ha. Likely. Lewis deserved the race today, but then again Max had bad luck earlier in the season that would have decided it before today. I'm not a Max fan, but overall on the season I think he was stronger.

And Ferrari screwed over my man Charles. I have no idea why they pitted in near the end.
Lewis deserved the race ? What about lap 1 ?

But they didn’t penalize Lewis for cutting a corner. The stewards argument doesn’t hold up. It was just a perfect storm of a situation. There was no way they could let it end under caution after all the build up. I commend them.
Removing the advantage the 1st place driver has worked for over the race, clearing the gap and the other cars to give the 2nd place driver a free shot at the front runner on fresh tyres!? Come off it, totally undermines the entire race.

Reactions: larsIU
If I was Lewis I would retire. Let that race be added onto his legacy.

Masi makes things up on the fly. A 11sec lead with 3 or 4 laps to go and suddenly the race/championship gets decided by a one lap shootout with the leader on old tires. It's almost like the stewards wanted a particular result.
I do wonder if the PTB at the FIA aren’t going to make some changes. This seasons nonsense (including the Spa debacle) wouldn’t have happened under Charlie Whiting. Masi is feckless

Reactions: sglowrider
But they always close up 1-2 on a restart. It was no different then every single race. If you want to get technical that’s race manipulation and we’ve always been fine with it.

I do wonder if the PTB at the FIA aren’t going to make some changes. This seasons nonsense (including the Spa debacle) wouldn’t have happened under Charlie Whiting. Masi is feckless
I mean the united v Bayern 1999 final was a twist right at the very last second. But they didn't cheat to win.
This was just ridiculous.

Reactions: larsIU
Max the unworthy champion. The FIA got their man. All it took was...

-dodgy half points awarded in Spa

-letting Max get away with inadequate punishment for dangerous driving multiple times

-moving cars out the way in the final race at the will of Red Bull.

What a joke!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT