ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibit A: Shane Steichen

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Proof positive - for the millionth time - that a new coach with a fresh plan can make a huge (and immediate) impact on a football team. His no nonsense approach and short answers rub some of the local media a little crazy, but the record doesn’t lie.

I’m betting we are in for some good Saturdays very soon. Just glad I lived long enough to see what a real football coach can do in Bloomington.

Proof positive - for the millionth time - that a new coach with a fresh plan can make a huge (and immediate) impact on a football team. His no nonsense approach and short answers rub some of the local media a little crazy, but the record doesn’t lie.

I’m betting we are in for some good Saturdays very soon. Just glad I lived long enough to see what a real football coach can do in Bloomington.
It's been awhile since we had a coach who actually knew what the hell he was doing. 7 years to be precise.

Frank Reich came in and had a good first year too.

Ummm…not sure if you know this, but Steichen doesn’t exactly have Andrew Luck at QB.
Yeah not really my point, you see this quite a bit though. You come in have some unexpected success, and then there are expectations and some times too early. Dabol for the giants is going through it now, and some are calling for his head, which is insane.

Remember Matt Nagy? Came from KC and had the bears at 12-4 in year one. He was the colts first choice if I remember right. We all thought they struck gold. The he failed and we thought we got our guy in Reich. NFL coaching is such a challenge, and hopefully Steichen is her for a long time.

And what should we think if the Colts drop their last 5?

At least time this time we conducted a search. I started following IU in Mallory's last year:

Cam: OC dressed as a HC. Ridiculous defense. Somehow managed to not bowl with the ARE and Levron show.

DiNardo: re-tread.

Hep: Liked him a lot. We'll never know.

Lynch. Hired without search. LOL. C'mon.

Wilson: apparently an a-hole but I loved the guy. O line guy. Loved it. Defense was bad but hired Allen to fix it, which lead to...

Allen: Hired without search. C'mon, part deux.

That's 2 coaches out of our last 3 we just magically already had on staff and didn't even bother to do a search. That's professional negligence!

Even before this 4 game win streak I could tell that Irsay finally hired a good coach. Colts got a young assistant who is going to have a long NFL coaching career.

At least time this time we conducted a search. I started following IU in Mallory's last year:

Cam: OC dressed as a HC. Ridiculous defense. Somehow managed to not bowl with the ARE and Levron show.

Wilson: apparently an a-hole but I loved the guy. O line guy. Loved it. Defense was bad but hired Allen to fix it, which lead to...

That's 2 coaches out of our last 3 we just magically already had on staff and didn't even bother to do a search. That's professional negligence!
Love the DiNardo re- tread quote!

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Spot on.

And what should we think if the Colts drop their last 5?
This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. People were expecting the Colts to be in contention for the #1 pick. They sometimes look bad, but they can atleast score in the 4th quarter unlike the Frank Reich teams.

So are we just going to ignore the easy schedule?

It’s good to beat bad teams but the colts really aren’t very good.

So are we just going to ignore the easy schedule?

It’s good to beat bad teams but the colts really aren’t very good.
I agree they aren't great, but they have strung together 4 wins using a pretty suspect backup QB. Steichen gets all the credit in the world for taking the same bunch that Frank and Saturday miserably failed with to a playoff contender in his first year in the big chair. My overall point in the thread is I see no reason whatsoever that CCC can't do the same in Bloomington. With the portal, no contracts to speak of, and full NIL support, college football teams should be able to turn around much quicker than a pro team.

Reactions: Bligedy
I agree they aren't great, but they have strung together 4 wins using a pretty suspect backup QB. Steichen gets all the credit in the world for taking the same bunch that Frank and Saturday miserably failed with to a playoff contender in his first year in the big chair. My overall point in the thread is I see no reason whatsoever that CCC can't do the same in Bloomington. With the portal, no contracts to speak of, and full NIL support, college football teams should be able to turn around much quicker than a pro team.
I get your point. But CCC Doesn’t have the luxury of the last place NFL schedule (which is the main reason for the record that the colts have IMHO)

I know you have to play every team in your division twice and every team in two other divisions once. So that would leave 3 games that could be scheduled according to your record the previous year. Right?

I know you have to play every team in your division twice and every team in two other divisions once. So that would leave 3 games that could be scheduled according to your record the previous year. Right?
Yeah. So that adds up to having 9 games against teams that finished 3rd or worse in their divisions.

Ultimately they have the 3rd easiest schedule in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT