ADVERTISEMENT

End DEI

I was like that when I was younger, but when I got out on my own and was flat ass broke I realized I was going to have to figure out how to do it myself or it just wasn’t gonna get done.

I’m still no Bob Vila but I can do quite a few things on my own.
Too old to learn now. Put a screwdriver in my hand and 24 hours later the world would end.

Count as ghey?

you are tv land GIF by nobodies.

Getting rid of Biden won’t do Jack. Department of Education commands a 270 billion dollar budget that it uses to put its thumb on the scales and force nonsense down on children.

Next president needs to declare war on the Department of Education. Declare war on Teachers Unions. They have failed and their time is up.
We need school vouchers to help improve actual education ie the 3 rs. We also need it to get rid of the Teachers Unions and their power.

I was like that when I was younger, but when I got out on my own and was flat ass broke I realized I was going to have to figure out how to do it myself or it just wasn’t gonna get done.

I’m still no Bob Vila but I can do quite a few things on my own.
I did change my garbage disposal. Pretty proud of myself. Before YouTube DIY videos.

Reactions: BradStevens
My mom told a story the other day of the first buck my uncle got.

He shot it early in the morning and him and my step-dad drug it out of the woods and took it to my mom's and step-dads house because it was the super close by.

They had dressed it in the field that they shot it in, but when they got it to the house, hung it up in the tree in the front yard because it was strong and would hold the buck (she said it was a little 8 pointer).

Here's the problem.... they had been drinking a little bit that morning (this was back in the mid 90s, so yeah, times have changed a little bit) and didn't think about it being a school day. A bus full of kids came around the corner and saw a deer cut down it's belly with blood coming out of it.

They got a phone call that morning from the school asking to please not have dead deer hanging from trees where kids could see them.

I almost peed my pants laughing so hard.
Similar experience. I was having lunch at a restaurant in a small town and looked across the parking lot and some hunters had strung up a doe they had dressed out and were weighing it.

Didn't bother me, but the restaurant staff rushed over to lower the window shades.

He doesn't know what it is.

Define irony @Bloom.
When the opposite of what is being expressed is true and is often amusing.

As applied, it can manifest itself in regards to the subject or the speaker. In the case of the speaker, it's more than likely the speaker is revealing him/herself in the words expressed. In other words, the speaker is really just talking about themselves.

She is a pathetic excuse for a human being, let alone an intellectual.

These Ivies have been coasting on reputation for a long time, but she just blew up the project.

Let me invite you to a post I made about UPenn a couple years ago.
On the topic of education, I attended an Ivy League graduation this past weekend. I’m just a simple yokel from the Midwest and had only been on one other Ivy League campus before so I’m embarrassed to admit that going in, I was actually a little excited. If only for the mystique and history oozing from these institutions.

In the days I spent there walking around the beautiful campus, interacting with the graduate’s friends, hearing from the faculty at both the university wide and smaller school graduation, I couldn’t get this one descriptor to stop running through my mind……. “pampered mediocrity”.

If these kids are the future of America, we are truly and genuinely f*cked. The average Kelley would run circles around these people.

After what seemed like a two hour long honorary degree, self congratulatory, circle jerk, the commencement address began. It was to be given by Ken Burns, a once great documentarian.

Burns proceeded to tell the audience that history is not fixed, it is not to be accepted as settled events in our past to draw lasting lessons from.

Instead it is incumbent upon each generation to analyze history through their respective lense and draw their own conclusions based on the standards we now hold today. Burns could not, and would not, extoll any of the virtues of the University founder, Benjamin Franklin, without subsequently qualifying it by mentioning one of his vices.

These universities, their students and alumni once represented the pinnacle of our countries meritocracy, not any longer…
As always, I’m the most prescient person on this board.

If you send your kid to an Ivy League School that is the equivalent of child abuse in my opinion.

Reactions: DANC

These Ivies have been coasting on reputation for a long time, but she just blew up the project.

If you send your kid to an Ivy League School that is the equivalent of child abuse in my opinion.

How many handles have you had?

GG, willing to accept you as "the most prescient person on this board".

However, before taking your ability to predict seriously can you offer some short term predictions which are highly debatable so we can measure your psychic skills ?

Sporting events and stock market calls for example whereby Coolerites can make a few bucks :).

GG, willing to accept you as "the most prescient person on this board".

However, before taking your ability to predict seriously can you offer some short term predictions which are highly debatable so we can measure your psychic skills ?

Sporting events and stock market calls for example whereby Coolerites can make a few bucks :).
Yes and will my ex wife’s Xmas bliss turn to unfettered rage before or after new year’s day

She lose that Banderas fellow?
She did indeed. The shine of the holidays, the bleakness of winter single, and whatever she’s racked up on credit cards will descend upon her like a tsunami. Collateral damage by the human dozens

She'll land on her feet and recreate herself as a martyr of White Supremacy.
Quite possibly true. And none of this had to happen. If she had just sat down and spoken as any person with common sense would have spoken, without all the equity/DEI playbook locked-in rhetorical bullshit, she would have stated the obvious about Israel and Hamas and the evil of the Hamas-supporting craziness.

Quite possibly true. And none of this had to happen. If she had just sat down and spoken as any person with common sense would have spoken, without all the equity/DEI playbook locked-in rhetorical bullshit, she would have stated the obvious about Israel and Hamas and the evil of the Hamas-supporting craziness.
Actually, I think it did “have” to happen.

Academia needs to wake up and kick these people out. Put aside the rampant and shameless plagiarism: the scholarship in that paper is intellectually bankrupt gobbledygook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT