ADVERTISEMENT

Eggs

This place has fantastic Stromboli. Their own sausage recipe which also on their pizza . Italian Beef, its all good. Somehow never figured out a meatball sandwich the Stromboli seems a better choice and easier to eat.
Need potato salad. A tuna sandwich with a hook. Fresh breads.

I wonder how DANC looks. Menu can be off the charts but if he’s a mess people won’t want to eat it.

I’m going to bed. I’ve given him a lot to work with. Hell of a menu

I wonder how DANC looks. Menu can be off the charts but if he’s a mess people won’t want to eat it.

Good potato salad is a whole another subject! Sliced vs cubed . My mom has a family recipe that will blow any of them out of the water.

Hey @mcmurtry66
Stick that pretzel bun where the sun doesn't shine.

Seriously, I don't understand the pretzel bun. If you want a good deli, give me an actual pretzel with some good stone ground mustard.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Hey @mcmurtry66
Stick that pretzel bun where the sun doesn't shine.

Seriously, I don't understand the pretzel bun. If you want a good deli, give me an actual pretzel with some good stone ground mustard.
That’s a nice addition to the menu. Sticks or whole pretzel? It’s a deli. Heavy on the salt. Where the F is DANC? Sleepin?

One of the biggest IU donors in existence is a massive egg farmer.... I'm sure @stollcpa knows them

I think they are one of the largest egg product producers in the country
Don’t run in that rarified air.

Btw I get my brown eggs from a local farmer/client. He delivers two dozen every week.

I do too and that's why I bought this place. Unfortunately, one of the employers where a majority of my customers worked layed off 600 engineers shortly after I bought it.

Then a McAllisters opened 2 years later.

It was 2009 and the recession was in full swing. I got the hell out as quick as I could. Good thing I didn't depend on it for income. But I did really enjoy doing it - it would have made a great retirement job.

Dang DANC! Didn't know you had owned a deli.... For the last 30 years or so I've been going to the original Shapiro's about every 6-8 weeks to have them whip up a ..... Corned Beef (give me the warmest part) on egg bun with yellow mustard and swiss cheese.... I'm drooling right now just thinking about it.... I could eat it every day!!.... plus, I'll grab their cole slaw, mac & cheest, pecan pie and a can of Dr. Brown's Original Cream Soda...

I get so stuffed that I take my own wheelbarrow to haul myself out when finished....

My dad's studio was about a block away and he'd eat lunch there almost every day in the '50s and '60s.... That's how I got started...

One of the best true deli's in the country... whenever the NYC and Connecticut boys would come in to town to do a game they'd always demand we go to Shapiro's for lunch. They all feel it's just like the deli's "back home".

Please add my sammich to your menu!!

Dang DANC! Didn't know you had owned a deli.... For the last 30 years or so I've been going to the original Shapiro's about every 6-8 weeks to have them whip up a ..... Corned Beef (give me the warmest part) on egg bun with yellow mustard and swiss cheese.... I'm drooling right now just thinking about it.... I could eat it every day!!.... plus, I'll grab their cole slaw, mac & cheest, pecan pie and a can of Dr. Brown's Original Cream Soda...

I get so stuffed that I take my own wheelbarrow to haul myself out when finished....

My dad's studio was about a block away and he'd eat lunch there almost every day in the '50s and '60s.... That's how I got started...

One of the best true deli's in the country... whenever the NYC and Connecticut boys would come in to town to do a game they'd always demand we go to Shapiro's for lunch. They all feel it's just like the deli's "back home".

Dr Brown’s is a good call. I like their black cherry. Thank you for the contribution

One of the biggest IU donors in existence is a massive egg farmer.... I'm sure @stollcpa knows them

I think they are one of the largest egg product producers in the country
Rose Acre farms and Dave Rust?

I think they are actually big Purdue donors, based on the ag school.

Nation's #2 egg producer. I have had a lot of relatives who worked there. You got company financing and a closer parking spot at work if you bought a white car.

Have to have a special. DANC’s Special. Ham, Genoa, Roast Beef, Brick Cheese. Another special sauce. Sweet onions. Spicy mustard in the sauce.

Putting together a hell of a menu for you

I'll take regular yellow mustard instead.... but, it sounds tasty!

BTW.... No one's mentioned Pastrami or Matzah ball soup?.... Lox and bagels?? This is a deli, right? :p

I'll take regular yellow mustard instead.... but, it sounds tasty!

BTW.... No one's mentioned Pastrami or Matzah ball soup?.... Lox and bagels?? This is a deli, right? :p
We’re going to have all the Jewish staples. Biggest issue at the moment is DANC. Apparently he isn’t up.

• Haha
Reactions: jsenleo
Rose Acre farms and Dave Rust?

I think they are actually big Purdue donors, based on the ag school.

Nation's #2 egg producer. I have had a lot of relatives who worked there. You got company financing and a closer parking spot at work if you bought a white car.

No, Seger family outside of Jasper. Wabash Valley. They are an egg product maker and distributor. Don't think they actually farm

I'm sure DANC would contribute some cheez whiz on wonder bread (white), Miracle Whip, and a side of Saltines.
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing to drink.
My favorite is when he corners the neighborhood women - to get them up to speed on how things work

No, Seger family outside of Jasper. Wabash Valley. They are an egg product maker and distributor. Don't think they actually farm
Correct. There are a few Seger families involved in aspects of farming around Jasper. The Farbest Turkey producers are also Seger’s but they don’t raise any turkeys, just the processing.

McAllisters isn’t a good deli. That’s the baked potato place right?

How about this. A hot roast beef on a kaiser. Delicious. You don’t see that much at delis anymore. Could be your angle.
Yeah, to be honest, if I had to do it all over again, I would have concentrated on developing signature sandwiches like McAllisters does. We specialized in side items like baked potato salad (hot - it was delicious), seafood salad, deserts, etc. I did introduce a lot of different soups, which I love, but was disappointed in sales of soups.

Believe it or not, our biggest seller was on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we had Chicken and Noodles (Tues) and Beef and Noodles (Thurs).

My problem was I wasn't able to do a lot of business development or improvement because I was working my regular job full time - just not enough of me to go around. I bought the business because I thought it would be easier to just take it over, but I didn't count on how difficult it would be to retain good workers and the mountain of government paper work/taxes I'd have to deal with.

Then when a big part of my customer base was layed off, I could see the writing on the wall and sold it. I'd do another one, but my wife wants nothing to do with anything like that. She'd rather golf - and I hate golf.

Yeah but office workers would flock to that place....I recall occasionally going to the one close to my old office (and a zillion other commercial office buildings) with a group of coworkers probably in the 2006-08 era.... people would be lined up out the door at lunch every day.

Haven't been there for a long time, but seems like they are still busy when I drive by. Though probably not near to the level of 10-15 years ago.

That and Panera were the white collar lunch trend for a long time around here.
Yep, lines out the door when they opened in our town in around 2007-2008.

Here’s another one. How about this. Your turkey sandwich. Your most popular sandwich. Serve it on a pretzel roll. Bam!! Now we’re building a menu.

Hot Roast Beef on Kaiser
Roasted Turkey on Pretzel Roll
I should have hired you as a product development advisor.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yeah, to be honest, if I had to do it all over again, I would have concentrated on developing signature sandwiches like McAllisters does. We specialized in side items like baked potato salad (hot - it was delicious), seafood salad, deserts, etc. I did introduce a lot of different soups, which I love, but was disappointed in sales of soups.

Believe it or not, our biggest seller was on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we had Chicken and Noodles (Tues) and Beef and Noodles (Thurs).

My problem was I wasn't able to do a lot of business development or improvement because I was working my regular job full time - just not enough of me to go around. I bought the business because I thought it would be easier to just take it over, but I didn't count on how difficult it would be to retain good workers and the mountain of government paper work/taxes I'd have to deal with.

Then when a big part of my customer base was layed off, I could see the writing on the wall and sold it. I'd do another one, but my wife wants nothing to do with anything like that. She'd rather golf - and I hate golf.
Nelly Korda will make you like golf. If not…go drink an Old Mil with Bulk. Oh yeah…quit harassing Zeke

We used to have 3 potato salads and at least 3 chicken salads.

My personal favorite was our tuna casserole. So cheesy...... yum!

I stayed in the office - what does that tell you? lol

DANC, Is this why you wrote that ?

paige-renee-spiranac.jpg

Shapiro's is the gol standard of delis, for sure!

We used to have 3 potato salads and at least 3 chicken salads.

My personal favorite was our tuna casserole. So cheesy...... yum!

I stayed in the office - what does that tell you? lol
That’s all great but it’s almost 2:00. I can’t have you reporting in with half the day gone

Reactions: jsenleo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT