ADVERTISEMENT

Free Tuition at Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
This is nothing short of spectacular.

Depending on the source, med students are graduating with $200,000 - $250,000 in debt. Essentially a mortgage for a house they'll never live in. Med school debt is a very real concern and only getting worse. We're already looking at primary care/family doctor shortages across the country and with rising debt costs students are more inclined to look at specialty medicine so they can afford to pay off their debt. The socioeconomic impact a physician can have on a rural, underserved and/or economically depressed area is huge and the kind benevolence will have an impact in that area.

A nice, feel good story about someone sharing their amazing blessing for the greater good.

What a gift! That's a billionaire doing something useful with their money rather than doing something like buying and wrecking twitter.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
We could have a broader discussion about how the exorbitant price of medical school and the shortage of primary care physicians is chiefly a product of misguided government intervention.

But for now I’ll table that and say that this is a nice gesture. Though equally misguided.

.... this is a nice gesture. Though equally misguided.
Say you're 93 years old and a rich heiress. You just paved the way for thousands of people to become doctors.

That is in no way, shape, or form a "misguided" gesture.

Sure, the costs shouldn't be so high in the first place. But the donor can't really be expected to fix those problems by writing a check.

Say you're 93 years old and a rich heiress. You just paved the way for thousands of people to become doctors.

That is in no way, shape, or form a "misguided" gesture.

Sure, the costs shouldn't be so high in the first place. But the donor can't really be expected to fix those problems by writing a check.
She could use it to lobby for ending government backed student loans and repealing the ACA. Much more bang for her buck.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
f696f543-70df-4e02-88c5-a40f562e9333.__CR0,0,666,666_PT0_SX300_V1___.png

This is nothing short of spectacular.

Depending on the source, med students are graduating with $200,000 - $250,000 in debt. Essentially a mortgage for a house they'll never live in. Med school debt is a very real concern and only getting worse. We're already looking at primary care/family doctor shortages across the country and with rising debt costs students are more inclined to look at specialty medicine so they can afford to pay off their debt. The socioeconomic impact a physician can have on a rural, underserved and/or economically depressed area is huge and the kind benevolence will have an impact in that area.

A nice, feel good story about someone sharing their amazing blessing for the greater good.
I’m aware the attorneys here will likely hunt me down and stone me to death but a little tort reform might make the expense of medical care a little less life-threatening.

She could use it to lobby for ending government backed student loans and repealing the ACA. Much more bang for her buck.
I thought Trump said he would repeal and replace Obamacare on his first day in office in 2017.

You mean Trump failed on that too?

A decrepit, vindictive warmonger stood in the way.
What, you're blasting John McCain?? Lisa Murkowski maybe ?? McCain wasn't the only one.

Wow. You're impressive. You and Trump agree that all American POWs are losers. You've never worn a uniform in your life.

And, your hero Trump had another year and one half in his first term with control over both houses of Congress and still did nothing about healthcare.

And your only comment is to blast John McCain. You belong in Trump's cabinet, if not in his underwear.

What, you're blasting John McCain?? Lisa Murkowski maybe ?? McCain wasn't the only one.

Wow. You're impressive. You and Trump agree that all American POWs are losers. You've never worn a uniform in your life.

And, your hero Trump had another year and one half in his first term with control over both houses of Congress and still did nothing about healthcare.

And your only comment is to blast John McCain. You belong in Trump's cabinet, if not in his underwear.
I have respect for McCain’s service and believe he was decent man.

But what I said stands. He never saw a war he didn’t advocate for, he was quite decrepit by the time he cast said vote (I believe he had just come out of the hospital actually) and I believe his vote was at least in part, if not totally, a matter of his personal grudge with Trump.

I’m aware the attorneys here will likely hunt me down and stone me to death but a little tort reform might make the expense of medical care a little less life-threatening.
I could sentence you to the death penalty for this bullshit post and I could write the most unhinged response this board has ever seen. Only bc you’re one of my favs I’ll let this go

I have respect for McCain’s service and believe he was decent man.

But what I said stands. He never saw a war he didn’t advocate for, he was quite decrepit by the time he cast said vote (I believe he had just come out of the hospital actually) and I believe his vote was at least in part, if not totally, a matter of his personal grudge with Trump.
He put the country before the party. Only those that understand health care policy in this country would actually understand.

There is a reason that the Republican 'alternative' that you are discussing was the exact same policy as the ACA, with the only differences being the small changes in the makeup of the insurance subsidies. Only those too self absorbed in partisan politics would claim it was some significant change in broad policy.

Are you really that gullible?

Reactions: UncleMark
How has twitter been wrecked?

I've got to say it is a bit of a shit show using it now. There are ads like every three real tweets or responses. And the ads are mostly sex toys. Or some other ridiculous Chinese gadget. Makes it very annoying to use even trying to read responses on threads.

Very obvious that no major companies are any longer using it for advertising. It's definitely gotten progressively worse re content and discussion. I used to look at it daily and now rarely do other than someone sending me a meme joke.

Last edited:
I have to say this reminds me of one of my favorite Office Episodes, Scott’s Tots. Just recently saw it again

I've got to say it is a bit of a shit show using it now. There are ads like every three real tweets or responses. And the ads are mostly sex toys. Or some other ridiculous Chinese gadget. Makes it very annoying to use even trying to read responses on threads.

Very obvious that no major companies are any longer using it for advertising. It's definitely gotten progressively worse re content and discussion. I used to look at it daily and now rarely do other than someone sending me a meme joke.

I’ve been using it more than ever before since the Russia invasion. Great videos, real time reports, etc.

I find myself barely able to tolerate Facebook for more than a minute. I used to spend a considerable amount of daily time on it.

Even Instagram is unbearable.

Reactions: jet812

You should clear your cache and cookies.

I’ve been using it more than ever before since the Russia invasion. Great videos, real time reports, etc.

I find myself barely able to tolerate Facebook for more than a minute. I used to spend a considerable amount of daily time on it.

Even Instagram is unbearable.

Do you have the ads for multi-orificced dildos all the time... Or if that just my personal algorithm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT