ADVERTISEMENT

Duke and Kansas force NCAAs hand

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
They just pulled out of NCAAs.

It was going to be cancelled anyway. But this just cements it.

No NCAA tourney. Can’t believe it. So sad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
They knew if they made it far enough they'd have to face us. Seriously, who could be sure the NCAA would do what's probably the right thing with all that money at stake?

Reactions: Radio Zero
They just pulled out of NCAAs.

It was going to be cancelled anyway. But this just cements it.

No NCAA tourney. Can’t believe it. So sad.

I told some UNC friends that the Tar Heels decided last night that they would not play anymore games this season either!

(Bear in mind I live in NC and am an avid ABCer. They got beat by Syracuse in the ACC tournament, thus ending their season.)

If a couple more duffle bag schools defect, we could have a real college basketball tourney!

Makes me sick that they use Jay Williams, Chuck, Duke and Kansas to tell us what to think. Bilas will probably explain it for all the dummies before the day is done.

Don't get me wrong, I get the situation. Just recognize propaganda when it's working overtime.

If a couple more duffle bag schools defect, we could have a real college basketball tourney!

Makes me sick that they use Jay Williams, Chuck, Duke and Kansas to tell us what to think. Bilas will probably explain it for all the dummies before the day is done.

Don't get me wrong, I get the situation. Just recognize propaganda when it's working overtime.

People definitely appear to be falling over themselves to publicly get on the right side of this. Of course who can blame them. You can't ever really be called out as being wrong, or overreacting.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
Kansas has a vested interest in assigning an asterisk to this entire season. Maybe the NCAA can spend some time moving forward with the KU penalty plan now.

People definitely appear to be falling over themselves to publicly get on the right side of this. Of course who can blame them. You can't ever really be called out as being wrong, or overreacting.
I think the threat of litigation probably weighed in on this decision, like many others decisions. If 5 state schools close and one decides to remain open and someone there gets the flu bug, the school would be held to the "standard of care" established by the other schools at the time. Ditto for any other business.

Purdue is probably glad the season was cancelled. Now, Painter won't have on his resume that his team did not qualify for the NCAA post season.

I think the threat of litigation probably weighed in on this decision, like many others decisions. If 5 state schools close and one decides to remain open and someone there gets the flu bug, the school would be held to the "standard of care" established by the other schools at the time. Ditto for any other business.

Purdue is probably glad the season was cancelled. Now, Painter won't have on his resume that his team did not qualify for the NCAA post season.
Sponsors who pay a huge amount of money to promote their brands didn’t want to be a part an activity that potentially and unnecessarily endangers the public. Money talks.

Sponsors who pay a huge amount of money to promote their brands didn’t want to be a part an activity that potentially and unnecessarily endangers the public. Money talks.
"
I think this may be opening up a whole new "can of worms". What happens next winter when another new stain rears its ugly little head? Mass shutdowns again? Who calls the shots on quarantining...a new world government? How much longer can it be before a terrorist exposes a canister of lethal virus in a large sporting/convention crowd that immediately afterwards disperses on planes heading out around the country? This is just the start, folks. Life may never be quite the same.

Reactions: ams66
I was just in Wal Mart and there were at least 200 people in there. 1000s of people in this and other stores every day. Yet the sports industry buckles and cancels incredible games because of what? Playing games in an empty stadium is thousands of times less risky than shopping at a crowded wal-mart. Am I wrong?

Reactions: ericrossiu
I was just in Wal Mart and there were at least 200 people in there. 1000s of people in this and other stores every day. Yet the sports industry buckles and cancels incredible games because of what? Playing games in an empty stadium is thousands of times less risky than shopping at a crowded wal-mart. Am I wrong?

Every restaurant I passed on the way home tonight looked pretty packed, judging by the parking lots.

I'm not really quite sure what's going on here. It is a strange reactionary, knee jerk phenomenon that has mushroomed out of control. Mass hysteria is the term that comes to mind. Psychologists could probably have a heyday with it.

Reactions: Tommaker
You're not wrong. You're so right it hurts.

Ha

Had Purdue went one round further than IU...they may have got the bid over IU...
They did whip our arse this year...

Ha

Had Purdue went one round further than IU...they may have got the bid over IU...
They did whip our arse this year...
I thought of that scenario, too. Wouldn’t that have been the shitz! Now, there’s a national champion out there that will never know it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT