ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel's Article - Serious Overreaction

Did I complain? How dare you say I'm "butt hurt". You don't even know me. Did I say something that struck a nerve? You haven't won a championship in over 30 years. Still resting on those laurels I guess.
I stated my opinion and as usual you find it necessary to attack me. What did I say that wasn't true?
Last night's game is on Miller. They've shown they can play at a high level and they weren't ready to play!
This is directed at him. Why take it out on me? You should be upset with Miller and the team for that one.

I'm pretty sure Archie said that was on him... so why are you here stating the obvious? You should feel honored to even be allowed here, had one of us said what you did on your boiler board, we'd been banned immediately so yes, the butt-hurt comment fits when it comes to your fans.

Purdue board, banning anyone remotely associated with IU since forever.

Reactions: IUgradman
The "group of people" you refer to , that originally came up with the admittedly adolescent chant, are the Paint Crew - 18-22 yr. old students that years ago added the TWO-SECOND "Chant" to the end of a musical number by the pep band. That music and its ending has endured with a meaningful amount of regret on the part of the alumni. To connect these 2 seconds with some kind of a psychological profile for those people and their "obsession" with something having to do with I.U. basketball in the years 1972-1994, is maybe.......MAY BE... the dumbest thing ever put in print. Whatever "envy" that existed for that '72-'94 deal has long since dissipated. Something for you to redirect your attention to, now, might be the likelihood that the 2018/2019 I.U. team will be pretty good, and better than P.U.
That chant receives a better reaction than its chanters could have ever hoped for.

Reactions: doubleyous
Are we sure Archie is the superior coach? There is no excuse for a team to play like they don’t care. If you are on the court, you should be busting ass at all times. Effort does not require talent.

Every coach has stinkers on his resume like IPFW and ISU, even RMK's teams lost to schools with less talent. I don't like it but we need to relax and never read hacks like Doyle because they only write to achieve one goal... generate clicks.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
To connect these 2 seconds with some kind of a psychological profile for those people and their "obsession" with something having to do with I.U. basketball in the years 1972-1994, is maybe.......MAY BE... the dumbest thing ever put in print.

Not even close.

vs. this:
morgan-miller-dayton.jpg

Archie Miller is a winner.

To quote Sean Connery “winners go home and ____ the prom queen”.

The "group of people" you refer to , that originally came up with the admittedly adolescent chant, are the Paint Crew - 18-22 yr. old students that years ago added the TWO-SECOND "Chant" to the end of a musical number by the pep band. That music and its ending has endured with a meaningful amount of regret on the part of the alumni. To connect these 2 seconds with some kind of a psychological profile for those people and their "obsession" with something having to do with I.U. basketball in the years 1972-1994, is maybe.......MAY BE... the dumbest thing ever put in print. Whatever "envy" that existed for that '72-'94 deal has long since dissipated. Something for you to redirect your attention to, now, might be the likelihood that the 2018/2019 I.U. team will be pretty good, and better than P.U.

Denial is commonly associated with inferiority complexes. The chant is still there because the mentality is still there. The fact remains that IU fans like to talk about our old banners while PU fans like to talk about...our old banners. Because they have nothing of their own, old or new.

Denial is commonly associated with inferiority complexes. The chant is still there because the mentality is still there. The fact remains that IU fans like to talk about our old banners while PU fans like to talk about...our old banners. Because they have nothing of their own, old or new.
The TWO-SECOND "chant" is a consequence of whose "mentality" ?? Its future depends upon what ? The 200,000+ living Purdue alumni ??? Or the hundreds of 18-22 yr. olds that comprise the Paint Crew ??? The OP mentioned Greg Doyle. Which has WHAT to do with banners ??? Any chance that we all can just move on past the 2,784, 622 mentions of this ?

Who cares about a coach’s wife? Marshall would have won big here.
You really think Marshall would have been tons better than Archie? I don’t.

Don’t get me wrong, GM would have done very well here; really, any competent coach would. But any improvement he might have with this group would be marginal, at best. Archie is 16 years younger. And he has a hot wife as opposed to psycho wife. You can disagree, but I’ll take what we got.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
The TWO-SECOND "chant" is a consequence of whose "mentality" ?? Its future depends upon what ? The 200,000+ living Purdue alumni ??? Or the hundreds of 18-22 yr. olds that comprise the Paint Crew ??? The OP mentioned Greg Doyle. Which has WHAT to do with banners ??? Any chance that we all can just move on past the 2,784, 622 mentions of this ?

Yes we can, if you quit trolling the board.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I'm pretty sure Archie said that was on him... so why are you here stating the obvious? You should feel honored to even be allowed here, had one of us said what you did on your boiler board, we'd been banned immediately so yes, the butt-hurt comment fits when it comes to your fans.

Purdue board, banning anyone remotely associated with IU since forever.
If it makes you feel any better I was told I'd be banned if I wasn't a good boy. I can't speak for GBI. I belong but have no idea of their tolerance level. I know Peegs banned people all the time. I got banned for using the term "creaned". This regime has been pretty fair to me. While I don't agree with the warning I will do my best to abide by it.
When I said it was on the coach I wasn't bad mouthing him. They just beat ND and they weren't ready to play against FW. Hartman and Johnson should be providing leadership. Don't you agree? Archie is playing with Crean's players. The cupboard is far from bare but I think that's going to happen off and on. They've showed capablility to play well against good opponents. I honestly think the Purdue game will be a dogfight. Again I meant no harm and will try to play well with others.

Been a part of all PU athletic events and daily activities since long before the Painter Crew. There was the Gene pool before them. And I assure you it is not just the kids obsessing about IU every gathering.

If it makes you feel any better I was told I'd be banned if I wasn't a good boy. I can't speak for GBI. I belong but have no idea of their tolerance level. I know Peegs banned people all the time. I got banned for using the term "creaned". This regime has been pretty fair to me. While I don't agree with the warning I will do my best to abide by it.
When I said it was on the coach I wasn't bad mouthing him. They just beat ND and they weren't ready to play against FW. Hartman and Johnson should be providing leadership. Don't you agree? Archie is playing with Crean's players. The cupboard is far from bare but I think that's going to happen off and on. They've showed capablility to play well against good opponents. I honestly think the Purdue game will be a dogfight. Again I meant no harm and will try to play well with others.

You are not a problem here. In fact sometimes I forget you are a PU grad. This board is polluted by a few embittered GBIers but just as many IU trolls. Ordfan and his lineage has set a nasty tone here over the past couple years which the mod's were warned about.

Been a part of all PU athletic events and daily activities since long before the Painter Crew. There was the Gene pool before them. And I assure you it is not just the kids obsessing about IU every gathering.
Never claimed that it was "just the kids" that joined in on "the chant". What constitutes "obsession" about I.U. would involve what % of the total Boiler fan base in all things athletic ?? Not that big of a number.

Never claimed that it was "just the kids" that joined in on "the chant". What constitutes "obsession" about I.U. would involve what % of the total Boiler fan base in all things athletic ?? Not that big of a number.
Hey, you posted last night that you were going to stop posting here. Honor your statement. silly broilee....

It certainly gets inside of Court’s head, which is why he repeatedly cries about it here. Funny stuff.

Are you ever going to tell us the origin of that stupid nickname?
I replied to you last week. How soon you forget, silly. I am the origin. A broilee(s) is a derisive and ridiculing term referring to a pu fan that is insecure and envious of IU success, that posts stupidity on this board to gain attention. Sort of like you, since you are on your 4th or 5th name on this board. Broilees can also refer to a pu team or coaches, as they typically fit the above description. I made the term up, and it is oh so fitting of your type of poster.

It certainly gets inside of Court’s head, which is why he repeatedly cries about it here. Funny stuff.

Yep why I think his complaining and ZERO humor ruined the board over time. Expert level complaining. I frequently went on the Off Topic Board (Now Andy’s Board) and it was a fun place. I was beat up allot but kept swinging. Fun times. Maybe the mods should push this type of banter to Andy’s.

One might start to define obsession as a member of a rival group spending all of their time on said rival's board. Just a thought.

Yep why I think his complaining and ZERO humor ruined the board over time. Expert level complaining. I frequently went on the Off Topic Board (Now Andy’s Board) and it was a fun place. I was beat up allot but kept swinging. Fun times. Maybe the mods should push this type of banter to Andy’s.
Telling that he had to tap out of the facilities discussion after acknowledging he wasn’t well versed on the topic, especially after representing that he was.

One might start to define obsession as a member of a rival group spending all of their time on said rival's board. Just a thought.

He did this to me numerous times and complains all the time, but cannot hit the “Ignore this poster” button.

Maybe the admins should note this, and send CS2 a note hit the ignore button. I don’t think he can. He hasn’t in the past and maybe needs a hug from his docile Purdue “friends”. CS2 is too tainted and zero sense of humor.

Better than I Loved Lucy's, or Ewezerfan or IUDanapoint or any of your other usernames.
No, it’s really moronic. Even you should realize it isn’t funny or clever. It literally makes no sense or has any tie to Purdue. I’m sure you aren’t college educated, but you do understand it’s not even a word, right?

You have trouble reading, don’t you? What grade are you in?

I have no issues with reading...never have. Any issues here have to do with your poor writing skills and your complete inability or unwillingness to tell the truth.

You mad again Ordy?

I have no issues with reading...never have. Any issues here have to do with your poor writing skills and your complete inability or unwillingness to tell the truth.

You mad again Ordy?
Then why are you unable to comprehend what’s been written here? I realize you lack education, as you’ve admittted, but that’s really not an excuse for your lack of understanding. If you’re going to try and participate, you need to do better.

Then why are you unable to comprehend what’s been written here? I realize you lack education, as you’ve admittted, but that’s really not an excuse for your lack of understanding. If you’re going to try and participate, you need to do better.

Oh Ordy, I completely comprehend what is being said...and why. You are butthurt (again) because I embarrassed you (again) with the whole facilities thread (can you say exposed).

Unlike you I went to IU...unlike you I have a degree from Kelley. Unlike you I attend games and support the university. Unlike you I don't get banned here every quarter and have to create new names,

Don't try to play with the big dogs Ordy...know your depth and stay there.

Hope this helps.

Oh Ordy, I completely comprehend what is being said...and why. You are butthurt (again) because I embarrassed you (again) with the whole facilities thread (can you say exposed).

Unlike you I went to IU...unlike you I have a degree from Kelley. Unlike you I attend games and support the university. Unlike you I don't get banned here every quarter and have to create new names,

Don't try to play with the big dogs Ordy...know your depth and stay there.

Hope this helps.
You weren’t able to contribute anything to the facilities discussion because, as you acknowledged, you haven’t been exposed to any other conference schools beyond iu and Purdue. You were smart to tap out as it was clear you couldn’t add anything to the discussion. Not following the program closely or the BiG Ten in general made you a poor candidate for participation, yet you unwisely persisted, to your detriment.

As for your alleged degree, I’ll assume you completed it without taking even basic English, as your communication skills strongly suggest a much lower level of formal education.

You were overmatched and underprepared, and it was plainly evident. Your only wise move was to tap out, which you meekly did. Good boy.

You weren’t able to contribute anything to the facilities discussion because, as you acknowledged, you haven’t been exposed to any other conference schools beyond iu and Purdue. You were smart to tap out as it was clear you couldn’t add anything to the discussion. Not following the program closely or the BiG Ten in general made you a poor candidate for participation, yet you unwisely persisted, to your detriment.

As for your alleged degree, I’ll assume you completed it without taking even basic English, as your communication skills strongly suggest a much lower level of formal education.

You were overmatched and underprepared, and it was plainly evident. Your only wise move was to tap out, which you meekly did. Good boy.
Ah, there they are: the “lacking basic English” argument and the “lacking communication skills” argument, both in the same sentence. How long before Bigreddfredd pulls out the Godwin’s law argument?

Fort Wayne had the same team back that beat a lot more talented version of IU last year. Archie is a good coach not a miracle worker and this team has a lot of flaws. I loved the way they answered last night with one of their best defensive outings of the season. Once Archie starts getting his guys to fit the defensive and offensive system he's running I truly believe he's going to be great here. However, this IU team is one of the least talented that I've seen in the last 20 years so there will be ups and downs.

Ah, there they are: the “lacking basic English” argument and the “lacking communication skills” argument, both in the same sentence. How long before Bigreddfredd pulls out the Godwin’s law argument?
Relax. No one is ignoring your poor English. No need to scream for attention.

Lol Ordy...what an epic fail. Hopefully for your sake, no one here will go back and read the dialogue.

As soon as he googles it which is his MO for anytime he wants to sound smarter than the toad he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT