ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel's Article - Serious Overreaction

The baggage with Marshall
hqdefault.jpg
Has she ever done this in a skirt?

Reactions: Deli owl
Can I ask why you are here? All I see you do is snipe about IU. I don't like when fans of other programs get banned on that basis, and don't believe that happens, but all I see from you is troll-type posts, and I would treat you accordingly. Any fan of another program who complains about being banned from this site for "nothing" need only look at the fact that you are still posting here as proof that the mods tolerate a lot more BS, imo. Are you a Vandy or PU fan? I don't remember seeing any posts from you before the Garland recruitment and it seems like mold, you've just stuck around. I would ask if you're going to continue to post, at least add something of value. Maybe you have and I've just missed it. I hope you're a PU fan because if you're a Vandy fan, you've got your own issues to worry about.
Why do I need to be either a P.U. or a Vandy fan ? Am a Colts. Pacer, and generally a fan of all state teams, being a transplanted Hoosier from the East. I only started posting a little over a mo. ago, finding this site highly entertaining. One man's "sniping" is another man's creative poking fun. Try not to let it get to you.....carry on.........

While I know that loss was a huge win for you Broilies, it was early and not comparable to FW.

FW comes after a signature win in ND and really is on him. This one is indeed a signature loss that sticks.

Question for you...will last night be the biggest win for the Broilies for season?
I'm confused, How could last night's loss by EITHER I.U. or IPFW be the biggest WIN for Purdue fans ?? Wouldn't their biggest win have to be against a team that they played and beat ????????

GM record at WS...
1st year 17-14
2nd year 11-20
3rd year 17-17
People need to realize this is going to be a process. Just use the eye test and this team simply isn't good. Despite what a lot of people say the talent level between us and fort Wayne right now isn't astronomical. We don't have any guards close to as good as Bryson Scott. They had 5 guys on the court that could shoot we dont even have two on our entire roster. Let alone make shots like that in a tough environment.

Just asked if you had any specific criticisms, which you don’t. No worries.
Take it up with Doyel then. He’s the one that wrote a worthless piece with no insight, just cute insults.

All of us saw what IU did wrong last night. No need to write a column like Doyel acting like he alone could provide “insight” and no need to explain the game to Bigreddfred on this board.

People need to realize this is going to be a process. Just use the eye test and this team simply isn't good. Despite what a lot of people say the talent level between us and fort Wayne right now isn't astronomical. We don't have any guards close to as good as Bryson Scott. They had 5 guys on the court that could shoot we dont even have two on our entire roster. Let alone make shots like that in a tough environment.
Huggins, Coach K, Marshall, etc etc etc ..all took a couple years ..

Almost every coach not at Butler (who seem to just plug and play) and UK (who cheat) seems to take at least 2 years to have their team doing what they want.

All these short wings and low IQ guards just don't fit our system.

Also of note. In year four Arch will have players who have played the system for three years, and who will be able to help underclassman learn. Currently, the players have played this system for 12 games, and the most experienced player is the same as the least experienced.

Next year, we'll be a bit more knowing, then in following years where IU will have upperclassmen experienced with our system they can help the younger. Knowledge and competency become exponential ..

It has happened twice this year. To me something is wrong inside the locker room with this team. If I’m Archie I clean house at the end of the year.
These aren't Archie's players. He has a team of two below average senior guards, a pretty good player (Morgan) and a cast of roll players. He teaches a different game than Crean and they're going to not buy in some nights. Last night's loss was beyond embarrassing but I believe Archie will make a deep NCAA run very soon.

These aren't Archie's players. He has a team of two below average senior guards, a pretty good player (Morgan) and a cast of roll players. He teaches a different game than Crean and they're going to not buy in some nights. Last night's loss was beyond embarrassing but I believe Archie will make a deep NCAA run very soon.
But man to lose to a low major at home by 20? That’s embarrassing.

Reactions: IUgradman
Take it up with Doyel then. He’s the one that wrote a worthless piece with no insight, just cute insults.

All of us saw what IU did wrong last night. No need to write a column like Doyel acting like he alone could provide “insight” and no need to explain the game to Bigreddfred on this board.
Funny how upset it made you, though. Try to relax and study the game. It should help.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...iers-play-like-directional-program/962871001/

I'm super upset about last night. And, many of the things Doyel said are absolutely true.

But, please, please, have a little perspective.....Arch has been here ten minutes and our major paper is already second-guessing him? Come on. Really ridiculous.
I think it’s too early to make any analysis on Archie. I like his offensive and defensive schemes and think they will work fine when he gets his players in place. We got the best guy available and I’ll think he will get it done. Just wish he could figure out how to guard the three better.

I'm confused, How could last night's loss by EITHER I.U. or IPFW be the biggest WIN for Purdue fans ?? Wouldn't their biggest win have to be against a team that they played and beat ????????

No. The group of people that chant IU Sucks are obsessed with IU & their own lack of any national success & recognition leads to extreme envy of Indiana’s national recognition even in what most would consider to be a low point in program history. Since every season in the history of the program has ended in either disappointment or at best realization of relatively meager goals like beating IU, all you have is schadenfreude...

Huggins, Coach K, Marshall, etc etc etc ..all took a couple years ..

Almost every coach not at Butler (who seem to just plug and play) and UK (who cheat) seems to take at least 2 years to have their team doing what they want.

All these short wings and low IQ guards just don't fit our system.

Also of note. In year four Arch will have players who have played the system for three years, and who will be able to help underclassman learn. Currently, the players have played this system for 12 games, and the most experienced player is the same as the least experienced.

Next year, we'll be a bit more knowing, then in following years where IU will have upperclassmen experienced with our system they can help the younger. Knowledge and competency become exponential ..

UK cheats?

I thought the article was pretty good. In 53 hrs Archie picked up both his first signature win and his first signature loss. The team gets up for big Ames like a directional school and can't meet the bell for others.

Last night a roster full of kids that would have killed to play for IU came in and wanted to win. IU Central clearly could not be bothered.

I hope they were running stairs by. 11:00.

Might I suggest that Bryson Scott definitely had NO interest in playing for IU....

Reactions: Emartin70287
Somebody left the trailer park gate open, they are all slithering over. Let me guess...IU lost a game? Am I right?

No you are wrong again. The best part is you sallies trying to punt Archie already. Also loved the few days going from ‘We are back baby” to The Waterboy “we suck again”!

I blame the fans. Eight thousand plus empty seats had to be disheartening to the players, especially coming on the heels of a signature-type win.

Gregg Marshall, also with Archie it is more when his name first came up that I had reservations. The more I heard from him the more I started to like him.

I want no part of Lynn Marshall. You don’t if you’re an IU fan.

Why would you ever have reservations about Miller? Best coach prospect out there, maybe Mike White would be close.

This team is mentally weak. That was a hallmark of the previous coach and is a carry over from last year. That does not get rectified in 6 weeks. I do not think it gets rectified in one year. I think it will improve (and it has...a bit) but the process will look ugly.

Mentally weak teams get up for the name on the front of the jersey and often get caught looking past people. They look really good one day and disinterested the next. They mentally check out at inopportune times.

What I think is stupid is people like Doyel and many of the supposedly intelligent basketball fans on this board thinking that a .500 team the year before that loses its 3 best players and replaces them with 3 unheralded freshmen is somehow going to turn into a good group running a new system because they get a few months worth of coaching by a guy who knows what the hell he is doing. Not happening. Yeah we have talent on this team but it was talent recruited to play a different style and talent that was put together by throwing anything you can against a board and seeing what would stick.

6 weeks into his tenure and some of you idiots are already pining for another coach...if you are not mature enough to watch the sausage get made this year, do everyone a favor and take a year off.

A-effing-men!

You would think but it seems like Purdue fans are more worried about what IU does more than what their team does. They try to gain acceptance from IU fans by coming here constantly and whining. They have that stupid cheer about IU and chant it even when playing other teams.

Get your priorities straight: I'm overreacting to a 20 point loss at home to IPFW, not some stupid article written about said loss!

No. The group of people that chant IU Sucks are obsessed with IU & their own lack of any national success & recognition leads to extreme envy of Indiana’s national recognition even in what most would consider to be a low point in program history. Since every season in the history of the program has ended in either disappointment or at best realization of relatively meager goals like beating IU, all you have is schadenfreude...
The "group of people" you refer to , that originally came up with the admittedly adolescent chant, are the Paint Crew - 18-22 yr. old students that years ago added the TWO-SECOND "Chant" to the end of a musical number by the pep band. That music and its ending has endured with a meaningful amount of regret on the part of the alumni. To connect these 2 seconds with some kind of a psychological profile for those people and their "obsession" with something having to do with I.U. basketball in the years 1972-1994, is maybe.......MAY BE... the dumbest thing ever put in print. Whatever "envy" that existed for that '72-'94 deal has long since dissipated. Something for you to redirect your attention to, now, might be the likelihood that the 2018/2019 I.U. team will be pretty good, and better than P.U.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT