ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel article - Indy Star

You are trying to make fun of poster’s usernames like everyone does to you victimcub! Keep trying, you will get better loserbear. Might even stimulate a few brain cells if you can come up with a good one. Try one with my username...please? I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Yeah, he calls me alwayssmall, which makes no sense. o_O

Not trying to be a wise-ass, but asking a serious question. After his freshman year at IU would you have said Victor Oladipo was going to have a good NBA career ?

Nope. But he was a 3 star recruit, right? No one expected much from him when he got to IU or even after year 1. He turned out to be a very hard working, smart player. I wouldn't say Romeo is hard working. Romeo, otoh, was one of the best high school players in history in the state of Indiana.

Yeah, he calls me alwayssmall, which makes no sense. o_O
He is so persistently stupid it cracks me up. I’m usually really nice to individuals with developmental disabilities, but his arrogance and ego makes him intolerable. I worry sometimes that he might be suffering from a mental issue and we should be more supportive of his “insights”.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Predicting an NBA career at that point? No, and it’s a ridiculous question. I can tell you after watching Vic play in one game I could tell he had a lot of heart, drive and toughness and was going to be a special player at least for Indiana. Thoughts of him as a pro came a little later.
Exactly. Johnny Jaeger has heart, drive, and toughness and he isn't going to play in the NBA. You have to have the physical tools for starters and Romeo has them in spades. His numbers this season reflect a special talent, despite some flaws that he can easily improve. Without knowing the kid personally, I would be very cautious about using conclusions drawn from observing his demeanor as the basis for forming an opinion that he won't be a successful NBA player.

Not being demonstrative shouldn't be mistaken as a lack of drive or passion, especially for a kid in his freshman year of big-time basketball. Romeo had a demanding high school coach who never complained about his toughness or work ethic. Archie hasn't made those criticisms either, and he's never been known as a guy who sugarcoats things or hesitates to bench guys over lack of effort. Most players get tougher as they mature. It's a big adjustment, especially when it's stacked on top of the unrealistic expectation that you should be a finished product able to carry an otherwise-average team on your back.

Young players often appear to lack effort because it takes them time to process and react. I've found that to be especially true of kids who are conscientious and feel a lot of pressure to shoulder the load on offense. I tend to cut the kid some slack because he carries so much undeserved pressure from this fanbase to singlehandedly elevate this program to elite status in his first year. I can't think of another freshman this year or any year who is expected to lift a team full of average players to greatness by himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakkasan29
I wasn't responding to you and you completely missed the point of the question, but I'm not surprised at either your lack of comprehension or your inability to restrain from comment. Now you need to go back and have some of your other usernames "like" your reply.
Your analogy is stupid! There is 5% of any thing that you can’t really predict. To say did you expect oladipo to b an all star, well of course not but 90% you can p
You are trying to make fun of poster’s usernames like everyone does to you victimcub! Keep trying, you will get better loserbear. Might even stimulate a few brain cells if you can come up with a good one. Try one with my username...please? I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Bedfordbullshitter32

Your analogy is stupid! There is 5% of any thing that you can’t really predict. To say did you expect oladipo to b an all star, well of course not but 90% you can p

Bedfordbullshitter32
Dang it! Didn’t even make me smile. I’m really disappointed, but you can try again little buddy.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It’s complete bullshit that Romeo had to go to college. It’s not protecting him from anything, he’s actually lost millions by going to college and falling in the draft. Now if he blows all his money that’s his fault, his parents filed bankruptcy for God’s sake. Quit prostituting these kids and let them go pro, ridiculous. If my 18 yr old son was given a $million dollar job from Tesla I’m sure as hell not sending him to college, and take your self righteous education crap somewhere else I don’t want to hear it!

There are loads of 18yo working...no one gets in their way...hell...the trades are dying for people...18yo's welcomed

Exactly. Johnny Jaeger has heart, drive, and toughness and he isn't going to play in the NBA. You have to have the physical tools for starters and Romeo has them in spades. His numbers this season reflect a special talent, despite some flaws that he can easily improve. Without knowing the kid personally, I would be very cautious about using conclusions drawn from observing his demeanor as the basis for forming an opinion that he won't be a successful NBA player.

Not being demonstrative shouldn't be mistaken as a lack of drive or passion, especially for a kid in his freshman year of big-time basketball. Romeo had a demanding high school coach who never complained about his toughness or work ethic. Archie hasn't made those criticisms either, and he's never been known as a guy who sugarcoats things or hesitates to bench guys over lack of effort. Most players get tougher as they mature. It's a big adjustment, especially when it's stacked on top of the unrealistic expectation that you should be a finished product able to carry an otherwise-average team on your back.
Romeo will get better when his self entitled ass is riding the bench in the NBA. Exactly what should have happened a little more this year, he made plenty of dumb ass plays that warranted the pine. Never happened shame on Archie

He is so persistently stupid it cracks me up. I’m usually really nice to individuals with developmental disabilities, but his arrogance and ego makes him intolerable. I worry sometimes that he might be suffering from a mental issue and we should be more supportive of his “insights”.

Exactly the reason I felt bad when LarTay (Mole) passed away.

Victor is on a different planet, athletically than Romeo. He is also a much more aggressive player than Romeo.

So...you've been a member here since Nov. 4, 2001...18 years...and that's your eighth post...?

Yeah effing right...how many usernames are you up to now...11...? ...12...?

The pathology at play here for someone to do this is truly amazing. And pathetic...

So...you've been a member here since Nov. 4, 2001...18 years...and that's your eighth post...?

The pathology at play here for someone to do this is truly amazing. And pathetic...
You’re paranoia is not good, get some help ok.

I don’t know about Romeo, but I’ve not only heard that about certain players over the years, but I’ve also seen it first-hand, both before, during, and after my time as a student in Btown.

I’ll leave the assholes off the list, but some of the coolest, most down-to-earth guys to ever come through IU, that I had the pleasure of personally knowing were Todd Lindeman, Michael Lewis, Dane Fife, and DJ White. Oh, and Antwaan Randle-El...easily the nicest IU student-athlete I ever met.
i met and watched a couple basketball games with antwaan's brother. he was nice too, but he didn't drink so i never felt i could trust him

Reactions: UncleMark
He at least can guard a chair.
A local high school coach once remarked to me about how bad one of his own players was on defense. He said the kid couldn't guard you if you gave him a gun.

I thought of that every time I watched James Blackmon. His ineptitude on defense was matched only by his disinterest. The greatest giveaway that Tom Crean knew nothing about defense was the fact that he let JBJ play. A real coach would have puked 'til he was dehydrated after three trips down the floor. I had never seen a player do EVERYTHING wrong on the defensive end ALL THE TIME until I saw him. It reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld where George's life improved when he started doing the opposite of every instinct he had. That's what Blackmon should have done on the defensive end.

In fairness, I don't think the kid had ever played a second of man defense before arriving at IU. If you watch his dad's high school teams play defense (or rather NOT play defense) you start to understand why he was so bad.

I don’t know about Romeo, but I’ve not only heard that about certain players over the years, but I’ve also seen it first-hand, both before, during, and after my time as a student in Btown.

I’ll leave the assholes off the list, but some of the coolest, most down-to-earth guys to ever come through IU, that I had the pleasure of personally knowing were Todd Lindeman, Michael Lewis, Dane Fife, and DJ White. Oh, and Antwaan Randle-El...easily the nicest IU student-athlete I ever met.
I also met ARE....my bosses wife was secretary to the FB dept at the time...great individual...a born leader. A good man...

Predicting an NBA career at that point? No, and it’s a ridiculous question. I can tell you after watching Vic play in one game I could tell he had a lot of heart, drive and toughness and was going to be a special player at least for Indiana. Thoughts of him as a pro came a little later.
I remember VO hitting two free throws to win a game against a preseason D2 opponent. If you remember, he was a terrible free throw shooter his first year or two. He made 2 shots when he had to. I thought he had the right attitude to be a good player, but he screwed up a lot in his first year.

I agree. What Gregg Doyel knows about basketball would fit in a tea cup. Anyone who pays attention to him should be ridiculed as well.

Good news! It popped up in my google feed. I didnt seek it out. Thought it was an interesting article.

Man. Who peed in your Cheerios? Get a life. This is an opinion, and everyone has one and also something like you; an asshole...

Man. Who peed in your Cheerios? Get a life. This is an opinion, and everyone has one and also something like you; an asshole...

You've done nothing but trash this board with your blathering nonsense and multiple usernames. You bring nothing to the table. For the life of me I can't understand why someone would go to the lengths that you do yo show everyone how epically pathetic you are.

Keep on trucking, victor.

Last edited:
You've done nothing but trash this board with your blathering nonsense and multiple usernames. You bring nothing to the table. For the life of I can't understand why someone would go to the lengths that you do yo show everyone how epically pathetic you are.

That’s not me I swear!

You've done nothing but trash this board with your blathering nonsense and multiple usernames. You bring nothing to the table. For the life of I can't understand why someone would go to the lengths that you do yo show everyone how epically pathetic you are.

You are obviously not a very smart person. I am not Victor and only post on here when I have something to add, or read something by someone who is a true imbecile (look it up).

Bye Felicia! (again, look it up)

Romeo reminds me of James Blackmon. The longer he played in the Big Ten, the more exposed he became. Romeo better watch out or he may have the same type of NBA career... virtually non-existent.
Romeo is superior in every regard to James Blackmon jr. He may not be ready to play major minutes in the NBA right now, but he will be a very good player in that league in a few short years.

Blackman jr was and is a far superior shooter than Romeo and it’s not even close.

Reactions: coachv jr
You are obviously not a very smart person. I am not Victor and only post on here when I have something to add, or read something by someone who is a true imbecile (look it up).

Sure victor. Whatever you say...

Nope. But he was a 3 star recruit, right? No one expected much from him when he got to IU or even after year 1. He turned out to be a very hard working, smart player. I wouldn't say Romeo is hard working. Romeo, otoh, was one of the best high school players in history in the state of Indiana.
I suck, you suck, we all suck for IU suck

Let us know when you start posting. Can’t wait to see when you add something to the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT