ADVERTISEMENT

Sectional Semi-Final Friday

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Best single sports day of the year, in my opinion. Not as widely "consumable" as Thursday/Friday of March Madness, or the Super Bowl, or Opening Day for baseball...but in terms of the overall experience, the nostalgia, the community effect...if you live in Indiana, and have a "home school" playing tonight...it just doesn't get much better!

I'll be sitting in historic Northside Gym tonight in Elkhart. Every time I walk into Northside, and I mean every time, the history pours over me. The smells...popcorn mixed with that familiar "old school building" odor. If I could buy "Northside Gym Air Freshener", I would. I'll get goosebumps when I walk up the stairs and come out and see the court, because I do, every time. The last time I was there, my son's 8th grade team won a thrilling game to win their conference tournament championship...another vivid and rich memory to add to the personal scrapbook! Honestly, probably the best one yet. And that's saying a lot!

I was lucky enough to see Shawn Kemp play a game in Northside, sectionals...I think?? I wish I was old enough to fully remember that game! I remember the smell of the gym, how loud it was, and I know now that I took watching him play for granted. Because as young as I was, I just assumed basketball like that was common. It wasn't common. It was historic. And as I watched him become the "Rain Man" later on, I was always brought back to those feelings I had that night at Northside...and the smells, always the smells.

My next memory was watching my high school play against Brad Miller and East Noble, in the morning game of the Elkhart Regional. I had watched our team play nearly every game that season, somehow it all looked different though that morning. The colors were brighter, the jerseys were shinier, the players looked bigger, stronger, faster. East Noble whipped our butts that morning, we didn't have an answer for Miller, but they had other really good players too! Thinking back to that day, the anticipation and excitement of watching Northridge High School, in a Regional Game!...well it was amazing. And again, always present in my Northside memories, are the smells.

Next it was my turn to personally experience it all. After winning Sectionals my senior year, we had the difficult task of playing South Bend Clay in the 2nd game of the morning session. Our coach decided that we wouldn't come watch the first game, so that setup one of the most amazing, emotional, experiences I've ever had in my life...running out for warmups in our regional game. Northside is a big gym, it seats over 7,000 people. And its a fairly tall gym too. Back then, they turned out the lights to the upper bowl. The effect that had, for players on the floor, I'll never in my life forget. When we ran out for warmups, I looked up into the stands, and couldn't see the top of the stands. It might as well have gone on up forever! And seeing a very distinct, very geometrical, Green rectangle in the corner...which was our section of fans...again, I'll never, ever forget that feeling. That Clay team had numerous college players on it, including Jaron Cornell, who was only a couple years removed from hitting their version of "The Shot" on Bryce Drew and Valpo in the state title game. They were ranked in the top 10, maybe top 5, in the state. Everyone was counting down the days until the following week when they'd face the eventual Mr. Basketball in Kevin Ault and Warsaw, in the Ft Wayne Semistate. I don't remember the specific game plan, all I remember was we had very specific orders not to "Make Cornell mad!"...don't talk trash with him, don't bump him harder than normal, don't do anything to light his fire. We put our best defender on him, and he stayed in front of him all game, was intense but very "polite" with him. I'm guessing it was the most pleasant "bad game" he ever played. He finished well below his average...and we played amazing, and destroyed them! We weren't slouches, so this isn't a David and Goliath story. We had 4 college players too, a couple of us were really good small college players. But the euphoria of doing what we did, in front of that many people...amazing. And as an added bonus, the game before us, the unranked East Noble Knights...yes them again...upset the ranked Penn Kingsmen. So in our minds, we were already thinking about Memorial Coliseum in Ft Wayne!

We arrived early for the championship that night. As we entered Northside...the smells... it was much more laid back that night, for whatever reason. I think part of it was we really thought we were going to handle East Noble. They weren't ranked. They were from Noble County. Honestly, I didn't even make the connection to the game a few years earlier where East Noble destroyed Northridge in the same gym. We watched the 3 point and dunk contests (they did them back then, sectional teams that fed into the Regional would send competitors for them on to the Regional. Then if your team lost in Regional, the 3 losing teams would send competitors on with whoever won the contests at the Regional...and so on. And they crowned winners at State!) So we watched that, then leisurely went in to get ready for warmups. I don't remember warmups as much this time. What I do remember is the first play of the game. East Noble got the tip...warning number 1. Our big was 6'7", with long arms, he rarely ever lost the tip. They proceeded to run a version of a swing offense, for roughly 2 minutes, very easily handling the ball against our signature pressure defense...warning number 2. We usually made it very difficult for teams to run long possessions. Then they ran a double screen play for the guy on their scouting report that wasn't supposed to hurt us. It was one of those plays where two guys close together at the top of the key, kind of a closing gate type play. I happen to have switched on this guy, and I'm the one that got caught in the gate. I'll never forget the foreboding feeling I felt as that guy rose up and calmly buried a 20 footer. As we quickly realized after that, East Noble was REALLY, REALLY good. Their point guard was a D1 prospect. Their big is one of the best players to ever play at Trine University. Their shooting guard recently coached Central Noble girls to a state title, after a good college playing career. They were legit. And they were the exact type of team we didn't want to play in that situation. Controlled, methodical, long possessions. We got down double digits early. And I remember the desperate feeling we all had going into the locker room at halftime. A lot of our team was juniors. I was the senior leader of the team. And I remember going to each of the main rotation guys, looking them in the eye, and telling them I loved them and believed in them. No clue why I did that, but its another one of those "burnt in memories" that always come up when I walk into that gym. The second half was completely different. You can't "roar back" against a team like that. But we chipped away at the lead. Finally with about a minute to play, our big hit a baseline turnaround jumper to tie the game. Ive never in my life heard a sporting event, really any event, be that loud. We had about 2/3 of the crown in the gym that night. Their next possession, we were able to force a steal near half court...our guy that stole the ball was streaking to the basket, and I was trailing. He was going way too fast, his layup was contested a little bit, and he missed it, I jumped up and I'll never forget the feeling of that ball being just out of reach and glancing off my fingertips. They got the ball and went down and scored in a scrambled play. We still had a chance, with the ball, down 2, with plenty of time left. We ran a play that basically always netted a good shot for us. They had us scouted really well, because the future Central Noble coach jumped the pass and stole the ball, and streaked down the floor ending up getting fouled. He made both free throws to put them up 4 with 10 seconds to go. We didn't have any timeouts left, and I hit a 3 with 4 seconds to go. Back then the clock didn't stop under a minute...so again, another feeling and memory I'll never forget is the crushing feeling of those last couple seconds ticking away. 41-40...loss...17 game win streak over...in a blink. (I mentioned earlier most of the team was juniors...they had a solid year the following year as well, but lost to East Noble in regionals, again. The score? 41-40. Weird)

That was 1996 for those that don't know that already. I've had many, many, many memories in that gym since. Recently, Northridge has won a handful of sectionals. And while the environment is definitely different now than it was back then. The smells are still the same. The connection to that gym is stronger than ever. I literally can not wait to walk into Northside Gym tonight. I'll be misty eyed, my family will make fun of me, I'll be adding another memory to my scrapbook. My son enters high school next year. I've already warned my wife that I'll probably be full on crying, before the games even start.

Thanks for reading this far if you did. Sorry for the long post. I could go on and on and on about the range of lessons I learned on my regional day at Northside Gym. But mostly I just want to go take a deep breath, close my eyes, feel the goosebumps...and watch my Raiders give it their all tonight!

Best single sports day of the year, in my opinion. Not as widely "consumable" as Thursday/Friday of March Madness, or the Super Bowl, or Opening Day for baseball...but in terms of the overall experience, the nostalgia, the community effect...if you live in Indiana, and have a "home school" playing tonight...it just doesn't get much better!

I'll be sitting in historic Northside Gym tonight in Elkhart. Every time I walk into Northside, and I mean every time, the history pours over me. The smells...popcorn mixed with that familiar "old school building" odor. If I could buy "Northside Gym Air Freshener", I would. I'll get goosebumps when I walk up the stairs and come out and see the court, because I do, every time. The last time I was there, my son's 8th grade team won a thrilling game to win their conference tournament championship...another vivid and rich memory to add to the personal scrapbook! Honestly, probably the best one yet. And that's saying a lot!

I was lucky enough to see Shawn Kemp play a game in Northside, sectionals...I think?? I wish I was old enough to fully remember that game! I remember the smell of the gym, how loud it was, and I know now that I took watching him play for granted. Because as young as I was, I just assumed basketball like that was common. It wasn't common. It was historic. And as I watched him become the "Rain Man" later on, I was always brought back to those feelings I had that night at Northside...and the smells, always the smells.

My next memory was watching my high school play against Brad Miller and East Noble, in the morning game of the Elkhart Regional. I had watched our team play nearly every game that season, somehow it all looked different though that morning. The colors were brighter, the jerseys were shinier, the players looked bigger, stronger, faster. East Noble whipped our butts that morning, we didn't have an answer for Miller, but they had other really good players too! Thinking back to that day, the anticipation and excitement of watching Northridge High School, in a Regional Game!...well it was amazing. And again, always present in my Northside memories, are the smells.

Next it was my turn to personally experience it all. After winning Sectionals my senior year, we had the difficult task of playing South Bend Clay in the 2nd game of the morning session. Our coach decided that we wouldn't come watch the first game, so that setup one of the most amazing, emotional, experiences I've ever had in my life...running out for warmups in our regional game. Northside is a big gym, it seats over 7,000 people. And its a fairly tall gym too. Back then, they turned out the lights to the upper bowl. The effect that had, for players on the floor, I'll never in my life forget. When we ran out for warmups, I looked up into the stands, and couldn't see the top of the stands. It might as well have gone on up forever! And seeing a very distinct, very geometrical, Green rectangle in the corner...which was our section of fans...again, I'll never, ever forget that feeling. That Clay team had numerous college players on it, including Jaron Cornell, who was only a couple years removed from hitting their version of "The Shot" on Bryce Drew and Valpo in the state title game. They were ranked in the top 10, maybe top 5, in the state. Everyone was counting down the days until the following week when they'd face the eventual Mr. Basketball in Kevin Ault and Warsaw, in the Ft Wayne Semistate. I don't remember the specific game plan, all I remember was we had very specific orders not to "Make Cornell mad!"...don't talk trash with him, don't bump him harder than normal, don't do anything to light his fire. We put our best defender on him, and he stayed in front of him all game, was intense but very "polite" with him. I'm guessing it was the most pleasant "bad game" he ever played. He finished well below his average...and we played amazing, and destroyed them! We weren't slouches, so this isn't a David and Goliath story. We had 4 college players too, a couple of us were really good small college players. But the euphoria of doing what we did, in front of that many people...amazing. And as an added bonus, the game before us, the unranked East Noble Knights...yes them again...upset the ranked Penn Kingsmen. So in our minds, we were already thinking about Memorial Coliseum in Ft Wayne!

We arrived early for the championship that night. As we entered Northside...the smells... it was much more laid back that night, for whatever reason. I think part of it was we really thought we were going to handle East Noble. They weren't ranked. They were from Noble County. Honestly, I didn't even make the connection to the game a few years earlier where East Noble destroyed Northridge in the same gym. We watched the 3 point and dunk contests (they did them back then, sectional teams that fed into the Regional would send competitors for them on to the Regional. Then if your team lost in Regional, the 3 losing teams would send competitors on with whoever won the contests at the Regional...and so on. And they crowned winners at State!) So we watched that, then leisurely went in to get ready for warmups. I don't remember warmups as much this time. What I do remember is the first play of the game. East Noble got the tip...warning number 1. Our big was 6'7", with long arms, he rarely ever lost the tip. They proceeded to run a version of a swing offense, for roughly 2 minutes, very easily handling the ball against our signature pressure defense...warning number 2. We usually made it very difficult for teams to run long possessions. Then they ran a double screen play for the guy on their scouting report that wasn't supposed to hurt us. It was one of those plays where two guys close together at the top of the key, kind of a closing gate type play. I happen to have switched on this guy, and I'm the one that got caught in the gate. I'll never forget the foreboding feeling I felt as that guy rose up and calmly buried a 20 footer. As we quickly realized after that, East Noble was REALLY, REALLY good. Their point guard was a D1 prospect. Their big is one of the best players to ever play at Trine University. Their shooting guard recently coached Central Noble girls to a state title, after a good college playing career. They were legit. And they were the exact type of team we didn't want to play in that situation. Controlled, methodical, long possessions. We got down double digits early. And I remember the desperate feeling we all had going into the locker room at halftime. A lot of our team was juniors. I was the senior leader of the team. And I remember going to each of the main rotation guys, looking them in the eye, and telling them I loved them and believed in them. No clue why I did that, but its another one of those "burnt in memories" that always come up when I walk into that gym. The second half was completely different. You can't "roar back" against a team like that. But we chipped away at the lead. Finally with about a minute to play, our big hit a baseline turnaround jumper to tie the game. Ive never in my life heard a sporting event, really any event, be that loud. We had about 2/3 of the crown in the gym that night. Their next possession, we were able to force a steal near half court...our guy that stole the ball was streaking to the basket, and I was trailing. He was going way too fast, his layup was contested a little bit, and he missed it, I jumped up and I'll never forget the feeling of that ball being just out of reach and glancing off my fingertips. They got the ball and went down and scored in a scrambled play. We still had a chance, with the ball, down 2, with plenty of time left. We ran a play that basically always netted a good shot for us. They had us scouted really well, because the future Central Noble coach jumped the pass and stole the ball, and streaked down the floor ending up getting fouled. He made both free throws to put them up 4 with 10 seconds to go. We didn't have any timeouts left, and I hit a 3 with 4 seconds to go. Back then the clock didn't stop under a minute...so again, another feeling and memory I'll never forget is the crushing feeling of those last couple seconds ticking away. 41-40...loss...17 game win streak over...in a blink. (I mentioned earlier most of the team was juniors...they had a solid year the following year as well, but lost to East Noble in regionals, again. The score? 41-40. Weird)

That was 1996 for those that don't know that already. I've had many, many, many memories in that gym since. Recently, Northridge has won a handful of sectionals. And while the environment is definitely different now than it was back then. The smells are still the same. The connection to that gym is stronger than ever. I literally can not wait to walk into Northside Gym tonight. I'll be misty eyed, my family will make fun of me, I'll be adding another memory to my scrapbook. My son enters high school next year. I've already warned my wife that I'll probably be full on crying, before the games even start.

Thanks for reading this far if you did. Sorry for the long post. I could go on and on and on about the range of lessons I learned on my regional day at Northside Gym. But mostly I just want to go take a deep breath, close my eyes, feel the goosebumps...and watch my Raiders give it their all tonight!
I’m going to watch LN tonight and CJ Gunn tonight!

I’ve heard that “smells” are often the most powerful doorway to our memories, and I think it’s true for me.

thanks for the post, and enjoy!!

I’ve heard that “smells” are often the most powerful doorway to our memories, and I think it’s true for me.

thanks for the post, and enjoy!!
Certainly is for me...

I recently tracked down Coast soap, its not widely sold any more...because it instantly takes me back to my Grandparents farm. Actually, that's not accurate...my wife tracked it down. She has heard me talking about how my grandparents bathroom smelled. And she asked around and found the soap. It was embarrassing to cry over a bar of soap in front of my kids when I opened it last Christmas. But that's a good tip for those thinking of meaningful presents for loved ones.

Old spray on Right guard deodorant takes me back to the dorms my freshman year of college.

Certain types of flower smells take me back to my Grandfathers funeral.

I think really, really, powerful memories burn triggers or notes into our DNA...which allow us to remember more deeply.

Sounds and songs do it too. The sounds of certain piano songs takes me back to my dad playing songs for us when I was young. AC/DC Thunderstruck takes me back to the locker room during my high school days. Etc..

Was it Marty Johnson coaching those East Noble teams and running the high flex?

Was it Marty Johnson coaching those East Noble teams and running the high flex?
Yes...they ran that throughout the rest of the game. We were ready for that, somewhat. But that first possession it was more of a 3 man weave swing offense out top. Their ball handling and comfort against our pressure, was unsettling. Looking back, I'm sure sending a message early was exactly why he did that.

Yes...they ran that throughout the rest of the game. We were ready for that, somewhat. But that first possession it was more of a 3 man weave swing offense out top. Their ball handling and comfort against our pressure, was unsettling. Looking back, I'm sure sending a message early was exactly why he did that.
Yeah, when they spread it high they ran a little different backside action than the traditional flex. It could be a real pain to defend, especially when they had a late lead. Marty was an outstanding coach and his teams were usually incredibly disciplined in that offense.

Yeah, when they spread it high they ran a little different backside action than the traditional flex. It could be a real pain to defend, especially when they had a late lead. Marty was an outstanding coach and his teams were usually incredibly disciplined in that offense.
They used their big a fair bit to pin and lob the ball over the top. They were MUCH more active getting our bigs stuck on top than anyone else we had faced. Their big ended up as an All American at Tri State/Trine... their skill and talent level really caught us off-guard! We probably beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10, but they were the wrong type of team to come in relatively unprepared against. We matched up a lot better with Warsaw, and then Dwenger, than they did...bummer we didn't get past them. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

That's the beauty of the state tournament though! Solid teams throughout the state!

I love the first week of March in Indiana. SECTIONAL WEEK!!

I know that I have written about this before, but, I rewatched the 1993 4th quarter of Jasper vs Forest Park, when Scott Rolen put on a show for the ages. It is on you tube. I don't know how to link it, but if you Search, Jasper vs Forest Park 1993 sectional, you will find it.

I had not watched this before and did not realize that:
Rolen did not take a fga in the 4th Q until under the five minute mark
Rolen hit 7 straight 3 pointers, not missing until 10 seconds left
Rolen scored 49 for the game, and 24 in the final 4:48 of the fourth
freshman Michael Lewis hit 3 3s in the 4th q, and 5 for the game.
Jasper cut the lead from 18 down to 1 pt with 18 seconds left, and the ref called an INTENTIONAL foul on Lewis.
6,300 fans at the game, the 38th straight year that the Southridge Sectional was a sellout
Rolen's 7 3s in one quarter is still the state tourney record, and Jasper made 11 3s in the 4th Q.

Rolen has a textbook jumpshot, well worth checking this game out on YouTube.

I hate class basketball

Last edited:

I know that I have written about this before, but, I rewatched the 1993 4th quarter of Jasper vs Forest Park, when Scott Rolen put on a show for the ages. It is on you tube. I don't know how to link it, but if you Search, Jasper vs Forest Park 1993 sectional, you will find it.

Rolen scored 47 for the game, and 24 in the final 4:48 of the fourth
Jasper cut the lead from 18 down to 1 pt with 18 seconds left, and the ref called an INTENTIONAL foul on Lewis.
6,300 fans at the game, the 38th straight year that the Southridge Sectional was a sellout
Rolen's 7 3s in one quarter is still the state tourney record, and Jasper made 11 3s in the 4th Q.

I hate class basketball
I've seen it...but will for sure watch it again!...

I hate class basketball
Just rewatched that 4th quarter...

The foul they called on Forest Park when they had a lob and 1, early in the quarter, was a horrible call.

The Baman kid had ice water in his veins. Man, that takes a set of nuts to hit that many free throws in that situation.

But why on earth did Jasper continue to allow him to catch the ball?! Weird.

I appreciated your post. I haven't been to any sporting events in Elkhart,but when I think of that city I think of Bill's BBQ. Excellent restaurant that used to be a Long John Silvers.

• Love
Reactions: Crayfish57
70’s and 80’s Region Sectionals. Calumet Fieldhouse was mine. Lake Central, Munster, Highland, Calumet, Griffith, Crown Point, Merrillville. Awesome times.

Just A few miles away Gary West Side hosted with Lew Wallace, Emerson, Roosevelt, Horace Mann and Wirt. Absolutely brutal to come out of this one. Andrean begged their way out of this sectional in the late 70’s where they got switched to…

The Hammond Civic Center, then Morton with Hammond High, Tech, Morton, Gavit and Clark. And as mentioned, Andrean around the late-70’s.

Finally, the East Chicago sectional with host Washington, Roosevelt, Bishop Noll and Whiting. Safe to say all 4 of these sectionals were wars.

Good times.

Last edited:

I worked for a guy and with his son that won sectional for Northridge in late 70's (son played) think first time they ever won it? Single class I always thought better to win single class sectional when it was that way than winning state in a watered down tournament vs being king of the county! State finals were same day as sweet 16 Saturday back then? 2 HS games in the morning , watch the NCAA all day and finals at night. Maybe it was semi state that weekend but either way . Hilliard Gates at the Mic so must have been finals. Just great games and now people don't really care. Also don't think it has helped IU basketball at all either.

Got to give a shout out to the Northwestern Tigers (my high school alma mater), taking on Benton Central tonight for a spot in the sectional championship game tomorrow. Won't be easy to win the championship if they win tonight, though, they'd play the winner of the Maconaquah (18-5) vs. Peru (18-2) game.

Would love it if someone could post the video of the LN Game. A few people responded to my CJ Gunn post saying they don't see him playing much for IU. Dumbasses.....the kid is damn good.

Kyle Neddenriep is live covering the game on Twitter if you’re into that. Has several videos of Gunn. He’s a stud.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Flory Bidunga and Kokomo looking for revenge in their Sectional game vs Harrison. Kokomo lost 57-52 when they played in the regular season.

Those south central conference sectionals used to be packed! Martinsville with South, north and Edgewood. Edgewood used to be tough. I remember Martinsville had some number one teams not making it out of that sectional.

Reactions: TomEric4756

I hate class basketball
Is this the one? (Click share under YouTube vid, click Copy Link, then paste here)

Edit: There are a few more vids of this game on YouTube if anyone’s interested.

Is this the one? (Click share under YouTube vid, click Copy Link, then paste here)

Edit: There are a few more vids of this game on YouTube if anyone’s interested.

that is the one. Rolen from 5 minute mark, scores 24 points with 7 3s. Rolen starts shooting at the 8:05 mark of this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUclover
Northridge lost to a tough Penn team tonight. I should say they lost to Markus Burton tonight. He’s a stud. Only a junior.

But I got my nostalgia kick for sure.

They used their big a fair bit to pin and lob the ball over the top. They were MUCH more active getting our bigs stuck on top than anyone else we had faced. Their big ended up as an All American at Tri State/Trine... their skill and talent level really caught us off-guard! We probably beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10, but they were the wrong type of team to come in relatively unprepared against. We matched up a lot better with Warsaw, and then Dwenger, than they did...bummer we didn't get past them. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

That's the beauty of the state tournament though! Solid teams throughout the state
East Noble kids,
Big man was Chad Lacrosse coaches at St. Francis Fort Wayne.
Guards were Nick David and Josh Threesh if I remember correctly.
Marty was a helluva coach. Was my driver's ed instructor back in the day.

Got to give a shout out to the Northwestern Tigers (my high school alma mater), taking on Benton Central tonight for a spot in the sectional championship game tomorrow. Won't be easy to win the championship if they win tonight, though, they'd play the winner of the Maconaquah (18-5) vs. Peru (18-2) game.
The 20-1 Carroll Cougars handled the Tigers this year. lol

Carroll only won by 2 tonight vs Fountain Central.

The 20-1 Carroll Cougars handled the Tigers this year. lol

Carroll only won by 2 tonight vs Fountain Central.
I guess Northwestern can be charitable and let them win every once in a while. One of my favorite memories of playing at Northwestern was beating Carroll 98-40 my sophomore year, lol. Well, that, and going 4-0 against them.

Last edited:
CJ Gunn

from what I saw, was guarded by 6’9 Davis from warren. CJ has supreme shot elevation and has ability to shoot over opponents with tremendous accuracy. Can get to his spots, can shoot from anywhere on the court. Has extremely strong lower body that helps with everything he’s trying to do. Composure and great IQ. Free throws look good the moment they leave his hands. He also is extremely confident in his shooting ability. Very good athlete with very good basketball skills.
Watching the game tonight against cathedral.

I hate class basketball
Undeniable the 1st week of March in Indiana is a 2nd Christmas in my mind. Many times igniting a Winter snow storm. Particularly in northern Indiana where I'm at. A bit of shine has come off the dime with class BB.
Class basketball in Indiana gets a 👎 from me.

I guess Northwestern can be charitable and let them win every once in a while. One of my favorite memories of playing at Northwestern was beating Carroll 98-40 my sophomore year, lol. Well, that, and going 4-0 against them.
Northwestern had some strong teams in the mid 2010s. My daughter was there when they won the state championship in 2007. I was at the game, which is one of the best HS games I've seen.

Of course, Northwestern's coach is a Carroll grad.

CJ Gunn

from what I saw, was guarded by 6’9 Davis from warren. CJ has supreme shot elevation and has ability to shoot over opponents with tremendous accuracy. Can get to his spots, can shoot from anywhere on the court. Has extremely strong lower body that helps with everything he’s trying to do. Composure and great IQ. Free throws look good the moment they leave his hands. He also is extremely confident in his shooting ability. Very good athlete with very good basketball skills.
Watching the game tonight against cathedral.
I trust your eyes and evaluation. Scoring from anywhere on the court to me speaks volumes. He'll fit into Coach Woodson's offensive style. Thanks!

Undeniable the 1st week of March in Indiana is a 2nd Christmas in my mind. Many times igniting a Winter snow storm. Particularly in northern Indiana where I'm at. A bit of shine has come off the dime with class BB.
Class basketball in Indiana gets a 👎 from me.
Are you north of 30 or south? It amused me how the weather changes depending on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT