ADVERTISEMENT

Delphi murders about to be solved? (Part 1)

The technical legal stuff further evidences this a desperate play.

Mostly, they need to show the search warrant contained lies. They can use omissions too, but they are harder to use to show impact, because the cops don't have to disclose all their case - they just have to show probable cause to search.

The defense is basically saying "an ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend say other guys confessed to them and acted guilty and were Odinists and we interpret branches and blood at the crime scene as Odinists runes, and the cops should have investigated all this more than they did, and should have told the judge all of this exculpatory info in the search warrant affidavit. And the cops also left out or misinterpreted some other stuff that hurts their timeline. And Odinists are guards where our guy is in prison and COULDMHAVE threatened him and caused him to confess falseley (instead of confessing falsely because he was crzy - which is what we said last time."

Any case where the the investigation lasts very long, and has multiple "persons of interest" investigated - ends up wit the defense pointing at one of the OTHER guys as the "real killer."

The defense claim of "abuse at the prison" blew up o. them earlier. It will be interesting to see the prosecution says about this. Good bet they will say "we DID look into those guys, and yes they are bad people, but hefre is why they were cleared, AND none of tghis - even if beleived - means there was not probable cause for the search at HIS house."

If then witnesses on the trail say "that's they guy" and the expert says "THAT bullet came from HIS gun" - he will get convicted.

So, they started jury selection today and picked 14 of the 16 jurors, or so that's what the news said.

My buddy is the guy reporting on it and I think is in the courtroom, or so it seems like. I'm gonna text him and ask.

The technical legal stuff further evidences this a desperate play.

Mostly, they need to show the search warrant contained lies. They can use omissions too, but they are harder to use to show impact, because the cops don't have to disclose all their case - they just have to show probable cause to search.

The defense is basically saying "an ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend say other guys confessed to them and acted guilty and were Odinists and we interpret branches and blood at the crime scene as Odinists runes, and the cops should have investigated all this more than they did, and should have told the judge all of this exculpatory info in the search warrant affidavit. And the cops also left out or misinterpreted some other stuff that hurts their timeline. And Odinists are guards where our guy is in prison and COULDMHAVE threatened him and caused him to confess falseley (instead of confessing falsely because he was crzy - which is what we said last time."

Any case where the the investigation lasts very long, and has multiple "persons of interest" investigated - ends up wit the defense pointing at one of the OTHER guys as the "real killer."

The defense claim of "abuse at the prison" blew up o. them earlier. It will be interesting to see the prosecution says about this. Good bet they will say "we DID look into those guys, and yes they are bad people, but hefre is why they were cleared, AND none of tghis - even if beleived - means there was not probable cause for the search at HIS house."

If then witnesses on the trail say "that's they guy" and the expert says "THAT bullet came from HIS gun" - he will get convicted.
They do not have a "bullet came from HIS gun" as I understand it. When a leak of crime scene photos occurred months ago, some who saw them said the girls were knived, not shot. I don't know if autopsy reports have ever been released.

As I recall, what they have is an unfired shell found at the scene. Apparently, they intend to argue that scratches on the shell were made by the ejector mechanism on his gun. Don't know how scientific that is.

They do not have a "bullet came from HIS gun" as I understand it. When a leak of crime scene photos occurred months ago, some who saw them said the girls were knived, not shot. I don't know if autopsy reports have ever been released.

As I recall, what they have is an unfired shell found at the scene. Apparently, they intend to argue that scratches on the shell were made by the ejector mechanism on his gun. Don't know how scientific that is.

My buddy in his report said that the prosecution said they will prove the bullet came from his gun.

The methodology is iffy. At least it was considered so last year when I Googled it and looked at several sites. Sometimes it has played a key role, other times courts haven't even allowed it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT