ADVERTISEMENT

Deboer to Bama?

Jimmy Sexton seems to be the keyword with DeBeor ... just signed as his agent. Sexton is agent to 11 of 14 SEC head coaches in football, plus James Franklin at PSU. Klatt said on TheHerd, 'Bama will get this done in 72 hours. Plus the AD that hired DeBeor at UW left last fall for USC.
Klatt also said that Sexton will potentially control this process to benefit the other coaches that he represents - get better deals from current teams. That sounds like too much influence but not sure there's a fix.

Reactions: iubhounds
Sounds like a conflict of interest.
Where is the conflict? Sounds like he has a distinct advantage to leverage more for his coaches. If he were doing something that negatively impacts one of his coaches that would be a conflict. It conflicts with the interest of the universities, but that’s not his responsibility.

Where is the conflict? Sounds like he has a distinct advantage to leverage more for his coaches. If he were doing something that negatively impacts one of his coaches that would be a conflict. It conflicts with the interest of the universities, but that’s not his responsibility.
I understand your point, but If you represent 4 top=flight coaches, you have to present them to the Alabama AD as equally desirable candidates. If you represent one, you are touting your client as the one and only best candidate and explaining why he is more desirable than the others. You might even push him as a candidate when he is not initially considered.

What a meteoric rise from NAIA to the top college job in America if it happens. Good luck Kalen.

Looks like it will happen, but I did notice some language in a text announcing the cancellation of the radio show that "Coach DeBoer and UW Athletics are continuing to work for a future we can all be excited about". I take that to mean they are trying to keep him. I'd say 10% chance.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Heard the final negotiation point was getting his daughter a spot on the Bama softball team. She had just committed to UW four days ago. I'm now assuming she'll change her commitment. 😄👍

Reactions: red hornet
Bama job is as good as it gets. If they want someone, nothing will stop them.
If we had the same attitude, we'd be much better at everything including sports.
Go Hoosiers!
well, they've been turned down by at least 3 people now.

The job is a really good one, but it's not much better of a job than LSU, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee and that's just in the SEC. It's not the school that has made them uber successful, it's the coach...and he's leaving.

well, they've been turned down by at least 3 people now.

The job is a really good one, but it's not much better of a job than LSU, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee and that's just in the SEC. It's not the school that has made them uber successful, it's the coach...and he's leaving.
That is a fair post. I can't disagree. Obviously both sides have to want each other. Massive grin! Go Hoosiers!

I think DeBoer will do a great job at Alabama like he would has at his other jobs. I hope coach Cignetti does the same thing at IU has has at his other jobs. I bet he is the son of Coach Cignetti or related in some way. He took over James Madison and did a great job and I hope he does that at IU.

Last edited:
Heard the final negotiation point was getting his daughter a spot on the Bama softball team. She had just committed to UW four days ago. I'm now assuming she'll change her commitment. 😄👍
Apparently he has had a 7 year $9M extension on his desk for two months......for whatever reason, he wasn't that thrilled with UW.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT