ADVERTISEMENT

Deboer to Bama?

Yeah I know what he meant I just can't see Deboer at Alabama
Yeah. I think it would be foolish, but one thing about coaches at this level is their egos make it hard to pass up these opportunities. Someone ought to remind him that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Although, maybe taking the job would be perfect for the crowd griping about coach cig being too old. Give him 5 years at Bama before he is fired and looking for the next gig. According to them Cig will be on his way to shuffle board and apple sauce by then.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yeah. I think it would be foolish, but one thing about coaches at this level is their egos make it hard to pass up these opportunities. Someone ought to remind him that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

Although, maybe taking the job would be perfect for the crowd griping about coach cig being too old. Give him 5 years at Bama before he is fired and looking for the next gig. According to them Cig will be on his way to shuffle board and apple sauce by then.
I wouldn’t want the job. Those people are crazy. But I think Kiffen might be one guy who could handle the pressure.

Jimmy Sexton seems to be the keyword with DeBeor ... just signed as his agent. Sexton is agent to 11 of 14 SEC head coaches in football, plus James Franklin at PSU. Klatt said on TheHerd, 'Bama will get this done in 72 hours. Plus the AD that hired DeBeor at UW left last fall for USC.

I agree with ce36ei that he may have taken Washington as far as he can. His OC almost went to Bama (IIRC Sayan offered him $2M) last year so maybe he cannot afford to keep him at UW. The prospect of losing both his OC & Penix may tell him he should move now.

If he gets a monster contract, he should give Penix a cut as he was the key to his Washington success.

*Sorry for the bold. Can't get it to go to normal font.

I agree with ce36ei that he may have taken Washington as far as he can. His OC almost went to Bama (IIRC Sayan offered him $2M) last year so maybe he cannot afford to keep him at UW. The prospect of losing both his OC & Penix may tell him he should move now.

If he gets a monster contract, he should give Penix a cut as he was the key to his Washington success.

Exactly. He's a good coach but he lucked into Penix. He's his meal ticket.

How far below the “pinnacle” is the NC runner up?

I think KD is too laid back for Bama. They think he walks on water in Washington now.

I think he sticks.
A coach who knows he's good, isn't worried about expectations. As a matter of fact, coaches often have to work try to establish expectations at a program. Going somewhere that already has those in place makes things easier to a coach who knows he's good.

FSU on probation will have Norvell running for that job now.

Lord I hate finding myself remotely defending FSU. Yet, the comically inconsistent application of rules is amusing, and I have to wonder how much of it is vindictive with Florida State looking to really break up the status quo.

According to the NCAA, Michigan won fair and square, but Florida State is going on probation for the shit show they allowed with no directions on NIL.

Any yankee would be crazy to take the Bama job unless he has an iron will. If Deboer takes it he better plan on never losing a game.

Last edited:
Deboer at Bama would be scary. Offense would be unstoppable. Just gotta have the right defensive coordinator in place. It could easily resemble the Lane Kiffin years at Bama with a competent DC.
The coach sets the tone. How have Riley's defenses done at Oklahoma and USC? Not convinced yet that Deboer is a Saban or Smart when it comes to putting a complete team together. It took Day years to get a D together.

I

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT