ADVERTISEMENT

How was that a foul against Edey????

Lurchball... just sucks to watch. Perverts the entire game. 33-11 on FTs and 25 - 12 on fouls. Edey with 1 flipping foul in almost 40 minutes of being the biggest, most physical player on the floor. That brute Loyer got called for 3 fouls so at least Matt has something to complain about in the post game.

so I guess I can't use this one anymore

12832320-10106798268172949-4687407275122552353-n.jpg

congrats to the pukes

me either but I can appreciate good basketball

I'm still hoping to see some from our own team someday?
Is it good basketball? Toss it to a goon who can push and bull his way to position and the defender gets called for a foul if he dares try to hold his position? I feel like I could get 10 apg tossing it to Edey. They've built a successful offense around it and have some skilled players, but it's miserable to watch and unfair to the other team, where it's just impossible to overcome that FT and foul disparity. I heard them say at one point Edey'd drawn 12 fouls on the opposition and at that point he had 0 fouls and finished with one. I'd say based on the timing, he ended up drawing 17+ fouls and got called for one. I don't begrudge the fouls he draws, because he does get hammered, but come on, he's more than holding his own in causing/creating contact. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Shaq was regularly in foul trouble and had no where near that disparity in fouls called.

Last edited:
Reactions: Army88
Towards the end of the game.... Purdue was taking the ball out on Tn end to throw it in and would have to go the full length of the court. TN was pressing the in bounds and needs to foul at this point to stop the clock.

Lurch was standing on the Free Throw line facing the end line, with the TN big man standing behind him. I was yelling at my TV..... FRONT LURCH.... because he was just going to just run towards the basket for an easy lob, to get the ball in bounds.

Lurch is not going to run or fast break down the court, because he just doesn't do that.... at least make it harder for him to get the ball by face guarding him on the throw in.

So sure enough..... he runs towards the baseline, the guard tosses the ball up to him and TN players foul him.... he goes down and hits free throws.

Just a total breakdown by TN on that play.

Towards the end of the game.... Purdue was taking the ball out on Tn end to throw it in and would have to go the full length of the court. TN was pressing the in bounds and needs to foul at this point to stop the clock.

Lurch was standing on the Free Throw line facing the end line, with the TN big man standing behind him. I was yelling at my TV..... FRONT LURCH.... because he was just going to just run towards the basket for an easy lob, to get the ball in bounds.

Lurch is not going to run or fast break down the court, because he just doesn't do that.... at least make it harder for him to get the ball by face guarding him on the throw in.

So sure enough..... he runs towards the baseline, the guard tosses the ball up to him and TN players foul him.... he goes down and hits free throws.

Just a total breakdown by TN on that play.
Top notch analysis here. If not for this play TN would have won for sure. Big Ten Network needs to drop Robbie Hummel and add you to the analyst rotation.

Is it good basketball? Toss it to a goon who can push and bull his way to position and the defender gets called for a foul if he dares try to hold his position? I feel like I could get 10 apg tossing it to Edey. They've built a successful offense around it and have some skilled players, but it's miserable to watch and unfair to the other team, where it's just impossible to overcome that FT and foul disparity. I heard them say at one point Edey'd drawn 12 fouls on the opposition and that that point he had 0 fouls and finished with one. I'd say based on the timing, he ended up drawing 17+ fouls and got called for one. I don't begrudge the fouls he draws, because he does get hammered, but come on, he's more than holding his own in causing/creating contact. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Shaq was regularly in foul trouble and had no where near that disparity in fouls called.
The highlight of his offense is when he hits those little left handers, not an ounce of finesse in his game otherwise.

Waaaah, some pretty heavy tears here, especially from Jimbo! lmooo

Jimbo, don't ever stop being the quintessential dumbass loser that you are bubba! Pure entertainment

Buy hey, you'll always have the FDU! FDU! vids from last year

Absolutely who cares about averaging 30 pts and 16 rebounds in the tournament, what I want to see is a shot release with finesse!
I am not looking for an argument but just as a non-fan watcher of Purdue no finesse. I am not belittling his stats in the slightest.

Is it good basketball? Toss it to a goon who can push and bull his way to position and the defender gets called for a foul if he dares try to hold his position? I feel like I could get 10 apg tossing it to Edey. They've built a successful offense around it and have some skilled players, but it's miserable to watch and unfair to the other team, where it's just impossible to overcome that FT and foul disparity. I heard them say at one point Edey'd drawn 12 fouls on the opposition and at that point he had 0 fouls and finished with one. I'd say based on the timing, he ended up drawing 17+ fouls and got called for one. I don't begrudge the fouls he draws, because he does get hammered, but come on, he's more than holding his own in causing/creating contact. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Shaq was regularly in foul trouble and had no where near that disparity in fouls called.
call it what you want.....if not good then call it smart

painter has assembled a very balanced team and maximized what they can do. hate him if you want but you have to give credit for success. good coaching imo

I'd say if we had a big monster like that we'd do the same damn thing

(I'll sure agree that he gets away with fouls that don't get called)

Reactions: CriticArisen
call it what you want.....if not good then call it smart

painter has assembled a very balanced team and maximized what they can do. hate him if you want but you have to give credit for success. good coaching imo

I'd say if we had a big monster like that we'd do the same damn thing

(I'll sure agree that he gets away with fouls that don't get called)
I don't hate Painter at all, and have been saying for years he's rounded in to a really good coach. And, I don't hate Edey, but I hate his game and how it gets called. I don't blame him or his coach for structuring their game around it, but it's terrible to watch and makes it unfair for their opponents. Just hope UConn brings it vs Bama because they are one of the only teams in America who can match up physically with Edey and probably won't have to help on him.

Reactions: dr.jb
I don't hate Painter at all, and have been saying for years he's rounded in to a really good coach. And, I don't hate Edey, but I hate his game and how it gets called. I don't blame him or his coach for structuring their game around it, but it's terrible to watch and makes it unfair for their opponents. Just hope UConn brings it vs Bama because they are one of the only teams in America who can match up physically with Edey and probably won't have to help on him.
that is the big question

if someone can defend him (uconn?). without fouling and the game gets called differently........

things get very interesting

Reactions: kkott
I am not looking for an argument but just as a non-fan watcher of Purdue no finesse. I am not belittling his stats in the slightest.
No we are on the same page. Would much prefer to have the finesse of IU in 2024 than the production of Edey. No one cares about Edey being 2 x NPOY, 2 x B1G POY, and leading Purdue to their first Final Four in 44 years. What he really needs to focus on is improving his finesse.

Reactions: BleedinGold
EARN A TRIP TO THE FINAL 4, RUNS OVER TO HOOSIER BOARD,

amirite?
Hell, some of these insecure wannabes were here during the game. And was there an IU sucks chant by the fans in the stands?

Let’s hope they never ever change

No we are on the same page. Would much prefer to have the finesse of IU in 2024 than the production of Edey. No one cares about Edey being 2 x NPOY, 2 x B1G POY, and leading Purdue to their first Final Four in 44 years. What he really needs to focus on is improving his finesse.
He is what he is and senseless to want him to be anything else.

It’s like Shaq. Was he a dominating player-yes, one of the all time greats-yes. Did I ever think-wow Shaq is playing tonight and can’t wait to see him play-no I did not.

Last edited:
I was sitting in row 12 near the basket. Was brutal and refs let them play. Aidoo and especially Estrella were literally holding Zach’s jersey relentlessly. Aidoo eventually paid for it. I’m a fan of letting them play both ways. I think the refs did a good job of not calling everything, but at some point you just have to call some of that stuff.

I was sitting in row 12 near the basket. Was brutal and refs let them play. Aidoo and especially Estrella were literally holding Zach’s jersey relentlessly. Aidoo eventually paid for it. I’m a fan of letting them play both ways. I think the refs did a good job of not calling everything, but at some point you just have to call some of that stuff.
Definitely do. And it’d be nice if they called 1/5th of the fouls Edey commits. Just the illegal screens being called would completely change how they have to play. Let alone the rebounding fouls he commits. And then let alone the offensive fouls he commits.

Much of what I mentioned goes uncalled for other teams and players too, at times. But for him to literally never get called…it’s unexplainable and some of the no calls are inexcusable.

Reactions: kkott
Knecht is going to be a star similar to Booker. Mathurin will never pass or shoot like Knecht. I like Mathurin but I think Dalton has higher upside.
Seems more to me like Knecht is a poor man's Gordon Hayward. Good college player would can contribute some on the next level. All-star potential? No way.

Definitely do. And it’d be nice if they called 1/5th of the fouls Edey commits. Just the illegal screens being called would completely change how they have to play. Let alone the rebounding fouls he commits. And then let alone the offensive fouls he commits.

Much of what I mentioned goes uncalled for other teams and players too, at times. But for him to literally never get called…it’s unexplainable and some of the no calls are inexcusable.

I've been court-side for several games this year. You can't see this on television, but Zach gets pushed, shoved, and an overwhelming amount of times the defender just plain grabs his jersey so he can't move. You can tell Z gets frustrated, but has learned to live with it. By the time television shows the ball in his hands, he's been fouled numerous times and I believed the refs now let him have his "payback" offensively - which the television viewer only sees as "Z gets away with everything."

I've been court-side for several games this year. You can't see this on television, but Zach gets pushed, shoved, and an overwhelming amount of times the defender just plain grabs his jersey so he can't move. You can tell Z gets frustrated, but has learned to live with it. By the time television shows the ball in his hands, he's been fouled numerous times and I believed the refs now let him have his "payback" offensively - which the television viewer only sees as "Z gets away with everything."
I know. Chicken or the egg type to thing. Everyone knows their only way to try to stop him now, in no small part due to how he’s never called for anything, is to do what you say.

How about just calling the game how the rules say they should? Edey wouldn’t shoot any more free throws than he does now because he’d be in foul trouble every game.

but at some point you just have to call some of that stuff.
Just never on Edey, right?

Early in the second half the announcers said Edey'd drawn 12 fouls on UT and at that time he had 0. The one he ended up with was pushing a UT guard out of bounds with his body after a loose ball, so he literally played 39 minutes without ever having a foul called on him offensively or defensively in the lane, and I'm sure ended up drawing 17+ fouls and shot 22 FTs to UT's 11. I'd agree, at some point you have to call some of that stuff... but they never did!

Lives with it? He shot 22 FTs yesterday and UT shot 11 entirely as a team. I don't begrudge the fouls Edey draws, but it's absolutely ridiculous what doesn't get called on him: the biggest, strongest and most physical player on the floor every game. You guys constantly whine about the fouls that don't get called on Edey and I'd agree there are a bunch, but all that contact is not a 1 way street. Edey is committing a ton of fouls that never get called.

And he gets those calls plus some. The bigger problem is he is not whistled for manhandling defenders. One call yesterday (laughably on TN) should have been reviewed for an F1 on Edey.

Just never on Edey, right?

Early in the second half the announcers said Edey'd drawn 12 fouls on UT and at that time he had 0. The one he ended up with was pushing a UT guard out of bounds with his body after a loose ball, so he literally played 39 minutes without ever having a foul called on him offensively or defensively in the lane, and I'm sure ended up drawing 17+ fouls and shot 22 FTs to UT's 11. I'd agree, at some point you have to call some of that stuff... but they never did!
The Elite 8 game was brutally physical. Especially down low. I think the refs did a nice job of letting the boys play especially early on. It could have been a whistle blowing bonanza both ways. I though both teams did a nice job of adapting and you could tell the players' mentality became "this is gonna be rough and let's just play". Credit to both teams for battling through it. I didn't see many of them "crying" about the calls. Aidoo just plain got worn down and didn't have the legs. It became a contest of conditioning.

The Elite 8 game was brutally physical. Especially down low. I think the refs did a nice job of letting the boys play especially early on. It could have been a whistle blowing bonanza both ways. I though both teams did a nice job of adapting and you could tell the players' mentality became "this is gonna be rough and let's just play". Credit to both teams for battling through it. I didn't see many of them "crying" about the calls. Aidoo just plain got worn down and didn't have the legs. It became a contest of conditioning.
Instead it was a "whistle blowing bonanza" one way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT