ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone care to guess…

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
…which position groups CCC is referring to?

“We’ve been in the offseason workout program for three days and a lot of the new guys are kind of thriving in it, and there’s certain position groups of the returners that are thriving in it as well,” Cignetti told Don Fischer this week. “But, there’s certain position groups that are a little soft and there’s some softness in this place that we need to eliminate.”

It’s like Bob Knight said back when 3-pt shots were coming in: “There are only 3 great shooters in the league and I’ve got 2 of them.” Left everyone else in the league thinking they were the one! CCC is mind-f/ing the whole team. They have no idea who he’s eye balling.

Does anybody remember Tom Allen‘s ”one word” for 2023? You can google it. The word was “toughness“.

CTA was paid $12 million to go away and now CCC been brought in to eliminate “softness”. This is awfully exciting. I’m hanging on every word.
I'll take "one's an annual slogan for a sign in the lockerroom and the other dude means it" for $400 Alex.

It’s like Bob Knight said back when 3-pt shots were coming in: “There are only 3 great shooters in the league and I’ve got 2 of them.” Left everyone else in the league thinking they were the one! CCC is mind-f/ing the whole team. They have no idea who he’s eye balling.
One of BK’s all time best mind ****s

Shooters all desperately tried to prove it vs IU.

I'll take "one's an annual slogan for a sign in the lockerroom and the other dude means it" for $400 Alex.
Agreed. I'll take the guy who means it, over the one who's track record was so well known that everyone knew it had no meaning as soon as he said it.

Of course, there's never, ever, been one coach who said they weren't going to be tough and physical. Ever.

The toughness, eliminating softness, in this case really will be in the preparation. Earning spots. No gifts. Contrasting with the previous Coach Allen and staff. A clear difference.

Agreed. I'll take the guy who means it, over the one who's track record was so well known that everyone knew it had no meaning as soon as he said it.

Of course, there's never, ever, been one coach who said they weren't going to be tough and physical. Ever.

The toughness, eliminating softness, in this case really will be in the preparation. Earning spots. No gifts. Contrasting with the previous Coach Allen and staff. A clear difference.
Crystal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT