ADVERTISEMENT

Debate Predictions

I don't think he actually needs to lose his cool. Harris just needs to goad him into talking about what she wants him to talk about. If she ends every answer with an accusation that he can't let go, he'll waste his time responding to that accusation, instead of pivoting to the border or inflation whenever he gets the chance. If she can make that happen, she wins. If he can avoid the bait and make those pivots to the topics that she is actually vulnerable on, he wins.
Agree. I'm sure he's been told not to do this, but there are probably even odds that he spends a fair amount of the debate saying he and JD Vance aren't weird. And she might not even have to bring that up.

I don't think he actually needs to lose his cool. Harris just needs to goad him into talking about what she wants him to talk about. If she ends every answer with an accusation that he can't let go, he'll waste his time responding to that accusation, instead of pivoting to the border or inflation whenever he gets the chance. If she can make that happen, she wins. If he can avoid the bait and make those pivots to the topics that she is actually vulnerable on, he wins.
Pretty much what Kelly said today. No matter the question pivot to immigration, inflation, the economy, Biden's dementia, etc. He will.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02
Trump will have an itch, scratch his balls and MSM will claim he broke some rule and Democracy is at risk if he is elected. We cannot dislike the Biden, Harris the Dems and their MSM cronies looking for TV ratings enuff. It will be best to tune in to You tube where blackballed debate candidate Chase Oliver will give his responses.
I’ll wait for Bill O’Reilly’s analysis. He’s a registered independent and US history expert who claims Biden is the second worst president in history. Obama wasn’t much better when you stop and think about what little he actually accomplished.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Pretty much what Kelly said today. No matter the question pivot to immigration, inflation, the economy, Biden's dementia, etc. He will.

Biden's dementia is a bad idea. Sure it will make some of his fans cheer, but it also reminds voters that the Dems dumped Biden and put up someone younger and more energetic. In other words, it will remind voters that Trump himself is the new Biden.

The border. Inflation. Everything should be about those two things. He can probably throw in a few attacks on the woke left, too, but those are his two available home runs.

Agree. I'm sure he's been told not to do this, but there are probably even odds that he spends a fair amount of the debate saying he and JD Vance aren't weird. And she might not even have to bring that up.
She should bring it up early. Get him on his heals ... high heels.. He's a narcissist and attention whore, and as shown by one particular attention whoring poster on this board, that type of personality can't ignore it.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Biden's dementia is a bad idea. Sure it will make some of his fans cheer, but it also reminds voters that the Dems dumped Biden and put up someone younger and more energetic. In other words, it will remind voters that Trump himself is the new Biden.

The border. Inflation. Everything should be about those two things. He can probably throw in a few attacks on the woke left, too, but those are his two available home runs.
MAGAs live for personal attacks. Playing to the MAGAs alienates many other Republicans and Independents. So. . .he might hurl insults and personal attacks. It’s what he does.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

I'm guessing that scary brown people will be his main go to. Right wing social media was all about pussy eating Haitians last night and if we have learned anything, him and his base squawk in harmony. Then again predicting what Trump will do or say is futile at best. He's undisciplined and unorganized ..

AM radio lol. give me a break. the field itself is led by liberals. wasn't it iu that found as much. the media is overwhelmingly liberal when you factor in the major players. it's been that way for decades. hell ucla 20 years ago found that all of the major networks lean left. good grief
Never heard of rush Limbaugh before he passed?

Millions of people listen to conservative idiots on the radio on their commutes to and from work.

He’s too dumb to make it about the cost of living and immigration
Another thing. Even though it's fundamentally the same argument, Republicans should absolutely be shifting their inflation narrative into one about the cost-of-living crisis. Inflation is a number on a chart. An abstraction. How much a gallon of milk costs or the fact that I can't buy a home on my salary is much more in-your-face.

great excerpt from the wash post. walz lies about stupid shit. just a serial liar.

"As Harris’s repackaging team tweaked her record to make her seem like a moderate, she studiously selected as her running mate the country’s most liberal governor — a man who just happens to fudge reality, exaggerate his accomplishments and invent half-truths to burnish his résumé."
I’ll be looking for Trump’s whole lies and wild exaggerations tonight, since Walz won’t be on stage.

Never heard of rush Limbaugh before he passed?

Millions of people listen to conservative idiots on the radio on their commutes to and from work.
ha. Yeah I know the Limbaughs. You’re missing the point per usual. You have to seek that out. Turn on abc nbc cbs. Open your search engine.

Reactions: DANC
I’ll wait for Bill O’Reilly’s analysis. He’s a registered independent and US history expert who claims Biden is the second worst president in history. Obama wasn’t much better when you stop and think about what little he actually accomplished.
O'Reilly is about as independent as mcm. Just because he changed his registration doesn't mean anything

O'Reilly is about as independent as mcm. Just because he changed his registration doesn't mean anything
Unlike you I’m squarely independent. I can’t stand progressives or warmongering self dealers. A Cheney sidling up with Harris is as bad as it gets

MAGAs live for personal attacks. Playing to the MAGAs alienates many other Republicans and Independents. So. . .he might hurl insults and personal attacks. It’s what he does.

Trump won't have an audience to hoot and holler at his zingers, so that might be more muted than you would normally expect. He feeds on that, and he won't be getting the reaction he normally gets when he's in front of his sycophants.

Another thing. Even though it's fundamentally the same argument, Republicans should absolutely be shifting their inflation narrative into one about the cost-of-living crisis. Inflation is a number on a chart. An abstraction. How much a gallon of milk costs or the fact that I can't buy a home on my salary is much more in-your-face.
It's all about the cost of those crab legs.

ha. Yeah I know the Limbaughs. You’re missing the point per usual. You have to seek that out. Turn on abc nbc cbs. Open your search engine.

I don't know anyone that reads or watches anything from those sources. Most people today choose their media that fits their viewpoint.

He does make up the majority of his “facts” on the spot. He doesn’t want to prepare with actual facts. That’ll throw him way off his game. 😎

Saying immigrants or inflation present a crime and economic threats isn't a lie.

Saying immigrant crime and inflation reached record numbers while your opponent was in office might require further scrutiny, but can sound quite plausible. Repeated often enough, by enough people, it can become factual and no longer require scrutiny in the minds of many.

IMO we use the term liar much too often in our political dialogue.

Worse part is we tend to believe everything our guys say while calling the other guys liars.

I don't know anyone that reads or watches anything from those sources. Most people today choose their media that fits their viewpoint.
I don’t. I get online and scroll down the article titles from all the sources I cited earlier in the thread. I can largely predict the source by the title at this point

He expresses criticism towards Trump when he feels it is deserved. There have been many incidences, as you might imagine. Meanwhile, over at MSNBC “Joe’s at the top of his game” one week before his debate debacle.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
He expresses criticism towards Trump when he feels it is deserved. There have been many incidences, as you might imagine. Meanwhile, over at MSNBC “Joe’s at the top of his game” one week before his debate debacle.
Sharp as a tack..

Msnbc joe has to be the biggest clown out there.

Lol.... Holy fk this is maybe the dumbest/funniest thing I've ever read on here.
Something tells me you weren’t standing in line today for the release of his latest book, “Confronting the Presidents: No Spin Assessments from Washington to Biden”.

If O’Reilly didn’t think Harris is an inexperienced, left wing radical Communist pinko, ill prepared laughing hyena and bad for the future of our country, he would be singing her praise when not whistling “Dixie” as if the cotton fields were calling.

I predict Trump rambles like an incoherent geriatric. That Kamala says a lot of words to say not much of anything.

I'll be on a late flight home from DC so will miss this next incremental step in the crumbling empire.
At least we haven't hit Caligula yet....

i expect harris has been holed up studying and prepping like it's her second run at the bar. conversely i suspect trump has done next to nothing.

as a result harris will come across as very rehearsed, champing at the bit for an opportunity to use her canned attacks, while lying through her teeth about defunding, bail projects, open borders, fracking, inflation, her voting record, and on and on. and the media will declare her a star.

trump will answer with hyperbole, sort of right, sort of wrong, miss one opportunity after another to pin her down instead focusing on things that don't matter while rambling into non sequiturs that are effectively nonresponsive. lastly he'll make an off color sophomoric remark that will be replayed as the feature of his debate.

as univee said no winners. we all lose. The media has already declared Harris the winner

i expect harris has been holed up studying and prepping like it's her second run at the bar. conversely i suspect trump has done next to nothing.

as a result harris will come across as very rehearsed, champing at the bit for an opportunity to use her canned attacks, while lying through her teeth about defunding, bail projects, open borders, fracking, inflation, her voting record, and on and on. and the media will declare her a star.

trump will answer with hyperbole, sort of right, sort of wrong, miss one opportunity after another to pin her down instead focusing on things that don't matter while rambling into non sequiturs that are effectively nonresponsive. lastly he'll make an off color sophomoric remark that will be replayed as the feature of his debate.

as univee said no winners. we all lose. The media has already declared Harris the winner
This is a great preview. The power of the media-what an advantage. She will be declared the winner regardless.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT