ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats BEST course of action...

I find myself in the in between. I think the Libertrarian belief that the U.S. creates more problems with its military than it solves is foolish and self-centered.

I’ve also had about enough Ukraine. Draw a border line. Create a a DMZ and end this shit. Putin will win some territory. Life goes on.

It seems like we’re only still fighting this war because Biden wants to swing his big swingin dick around.
Ukraine is fighting this war, not us, and they're fighting it because Russia invaded and tried to take over the entire country. I just don't get how a so-called Republican is good with throwing in the towel and letting Russia win this thing.

Reactions: outside shooter
It's in US and NATO interests that Ukraine isn't conquered by Russia. It isn't difficult to understand this.
I agree with you and fully support our backing Ukraine’s war effort.

But there’s an argument to be made that the outcome we want — full Russian retreat — may be out of reach. I’m not saying I subscribe to it. But I will say that it’s not fair to characterize views based on this expectation as “throwing in the towel and letting Russia win.”

Because, if this is true, then the range of alternative scenarios starts looking very different.

I agree with you and fully support our backing Ukraine’s war effort.

But there’s an argument to be made that the outcome we want — full Russian retreat — may be out of reach. I’m not saying I subscribe to it. But I will say that it’s not fair to characterize views based on this expectation as “throwing in the towel and letting Russia win.”

Because, if this is true, then the range of alternative scenarios starts looking very different.
I think there will likely be an end with Russia in control of some Ukraine territory. Hopefully the agreement will allow for the people in those areas to eventually decide if they want to be Ukrainians or Russians.

I think there will likely be an end with Russia in control of some Ukraine territory. Hopefully the agreement will allow for the people in those areas to eventually decide if they want to be Ukrainians or Russians.
That’s probably correct. And I agree that a condition would have to be allowing some kind of popular determination of what would follow.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Ukraine is fighting this war, not us, and they're fighting it because Russia invaded and tried to take over the entire country. I just don't get how a so-called Republican is good with throwing in the towel and letting Russia win this thing.
We’re fighting this war. When you hire a guy to build a fence in you’re backyard and you pay him to do so, you can’t excuse yourself with the neighbor by saying “they’re building the fence not me”.

Look Aloha, we have a clear difference of opinions. You think American taxpayer dollars are slush fund fo your war games. I disagree.

Reactions: shouldhavebeenLars
We’re fighting this war. When you hire a guy to build a fence in you’re backyard and you pay him to do so, you can’t excuse yourself with the neighbor by saying “they’re building the fence not me”.

Look Aloha, we have a clear difference of opinions. You think American taxpayer dollars are slush fund fo your war games. I disagree.
No I don’t think that. I think spending this money in Ukraine, a tiny fraction of our spending, is entirely in our interests. Plus, the money is mostly being spent in the US and supporting our industry and economy.

No I don’t think that. I think spending this money in Ukraine, a tiny fraction of our spending, is entirely in our interests. Plus, the money is mostly being spent in the US and supporting our industry and economy.
I love that line. “We spend the money on our own military contractors” “it grows the economy” as Biden would say.

When they taught me about capitalism in school it somehow didn’t involve multibillion dollar government contracts granted to preferred entities. But people like you champion this cronyism like some massive capitalist success.

Cut it out idiot.

I love that line. “We spend the money on our own military contractors” “it grows the economy” as Biden would say.

When they taught me about capitalism in school it somehow didn’t involve multibillion dollar government contracts granted to preferred entities. But people like you champion this cronyism like some massive capitalist success.

Cut it out idiot.
Idiot? How about **** you shithead? You don’t have a clue how the process works. You apparently don’t really understand capitalism. You’re flat out ignorant.

Why are you Trumpsters such disrespectful and ignorant assholes? It’s a strange phenomenon. Maybe you can explain it since that’s exactly who you are. Yes, you are pathetic.
And it all comes back to Trump. Show me where on the doll Trump touched you.

Frankly I’m not sure I’m even going to vote for him. It will depend how the work day shakes out, if I have the time or a lot of meetings that day. Maybe I’ll write in RFK if I go.

I don’t event really like Trump, but I dislike dishonest shillls like you more.

And it all comes back to Trump. Show me where on the doll Trump touched you.

Frankly I’m not sure I’m even going to vote for him. It will depend how the work day shakes out, if I have the time or a lot of meetings that day. Maybe I’ll write in RFK if I go.

I don’t event really like Trump, but I dislike dishonest shillls like you more.
Yeah, sure. It’s amazing how you post just like our Trump sycophants but you don’t even know if you support him. That’s not real believable, but I won’t call you a liar. You can call me things, but dishonest is not one of them. I strive to be honest in every post. I may be wrong on occasion but not because I’m being dishonest. Dishonesty is one of the things I despise about Trump and his most loyal followers.

You’re wrong to call me dishonest and it deserves a parting **** you.

Take Biden out? Get behind him? Time is running out, and I think the absolute worst course of action would be to continue what it looks like they've been doing for a fair bit now...which is cover for him, and let public perception of DNC leadership continue to erode.

There needs to be some decisive action taken, and taken very soon. And since one of those decisions relies on Biden, and his team, to agree to be "taken out"... With Biden certainly not appearing to be on board with that. THEN, I think they need to end all the speculation, and get back to fully backing him. But more importantly, enlisting Harris, Newsome, Whitmer, Obamas, etc... to become HEAVILY involved in general campaigning for down ticket races.

Biden is not going to beat Trump. Unless Trump finally figures out how to hang himself. Practically though, Trump is going to win in November. Even if Biden backed out today, I think Harris or whoever the replacement would be, wouldn't have time to clean up the mess and rally everyone to beat Trump.

So, get behind him. Hide him. Be strategic and use him however he is most effective. But GET TO WORK, with more believable and potentially popular campaigners, and salvage as much of the House and Senate as possible.

The silver lining, if they're effective at saving one or both of them, is having a split White House and Congress "should" limit the damage Trump can do in 4 years. And if this whole Biden thing has resolved the party, at all, to take the POTUS candidacy more seriously, and they actually work to prop up a couple good candidates... The damage Trump will end up doing to the GOP's image over the next 4 years could set the DNC party up well in 2026, 2028, and forward.

They're losing the Oval Office no matter what, at this point. As an Independent...I really, really, really hope they figure out how to avoid losing the Senate and House as well. That should be what matters most right now.
Who had Kill Trump on their Bingo card?

I agree. But it’s disingenuous to say the US isn’t “fighting” this war.

We’re doing the next best thing.
It’s factually accurate to say we’re not fighting the war because we aren’t. We’re supporting Ukraine in their war against Russian aggression. We’d rather not have a war ourselves.

It’s factually accurate to say we’re not fighting the war because we aren’t. We’re supporting Ukraine in their war against Russian aggression. We’d rather not have a war ourselves.
Would you fund your child’s heroin addiction and say “we’re not addicted to drugs, it’s all his doing.”

War is kind of like drugs, except more deadly.

Take Biden out? Get behind him? Time is running out, and I think the absolute worst course of action would be to continue what it looks like they've been doing for a fair bit now...which is cover for him, and let public perception of DNC leadership continue to erode.

There needs to be some decisive action taken, and taken very soon. And since one of those decisions relies on Biden, and his team, to agree to be "taken out"... With Biden certainly not appearing to be on board with that. THEN, I think they need to end all the speculation, and get back to fully backing him. But more importantly, enlisting Harris, Newsome, Whitmer, Obamas, etc... to become HEAVILY involved in general campaigning for down ticket races.

Biden is not going to beat Trump. Unless Trump finally figures out how to hang himself. Practically though, Trump is going to win in November. Even if Biden backed out today, I think Harris or whoever the replacement would be, wouldn't have time to clean up the mess and rally everyone to beat Trump.

So, get behind him. Hide him. Be strategic and use him however he is most effective. But GET TO WORK, with more believable and potentially popular campaigners, and salvage as much of the House and Senate as possible.

The silver lining, if they're effective at saving one or both of them, is having a split White House and Congress "should" limit the damage Trump can do in 4 years. And if this whole Biden thing has resolved the party, at all, to take the POTUS candidacy more seriously, and they actually work to prop up a couple good candidates... The damage Trump will end up doing to the GOP's image over the next 4 years could set the DNC party up well in 2026, 2028, and forward.

They're losing the Oval Office no matter what, at this point. As an Independent...I really, really, really hope they figure out how to avoid losing the Senate and House as well. That should be what matters most right now.
Have you seen project 2025?

Tucker Carlson predicted it
I know I've called it out on here a few times. "They" will not allow US to make it to election day. Those odds just quadrupled after today's assassination attempt. There is nothing more dirty than ingrained Dem's (even with an R in front of their names) in the swamp. DO NOT attempt to upset their gravy train. DO NOT.

I know I've called it out on here a few times. "They" will not allow US to make it to election day. Those odds just quadrupled after today's assassination attempt. There is nothing more dirty than ingrained Dem's (even with an R in front of their names) in the swamp. DO NOT attempt to upset their gravy train. DO NOT.
I’ll bet a pergola built by you vs. me handling your next divorce that the swamp and the Democratic Party had nothing to do with this.

I’ll bet a pergola built by you vs. me handling your next divorce that the swamp and the Democratic Party had nothing to do with this.
hmmmmmmmm

I'll consider it, but do you know any really good, totally unethical, people that can clean some $$ and real estate before we get started? Wait, you're a lawyer in Chi Town, so that was a stupid question. Please allow me to run some numbers.

It's in US and NATO interests that Ukraine isn't conquered by Russia. It isn't difficult to understand this.
Theres enough money for eveybody as long as the Big Guy gets his 10 percent. Enough there for Zelensky and the crooks at NATO. Nobody cares about the Ukranians fighting and dieing or the ones drowning in the river as they try to escape Ukraine as it is weak as Cosmo Kramer said on Seinfeld.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
I agree. But it’s disingenuous to say the US isn’t “fighting” this war.

We’re doing the next best thing.
From military advisors, money, equipment and humanitarian efforts and what do we get out of it? The Big Guy is getting 10 percent. Not too hard to figure why Joe keeps going back to the well. All the while trying to make Israel fight Hamas with its hands tied. The military industrial complex loves them some Joe. That is why they were pushing for Nikki Haley to cover both sides of their bet.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Theres enough money for eveybody as long as the Big Guy gets his 10 percent. Enough there for Zelensky and the crooks at NATO. Nobody cares about the Ukranians fighting and dieing or the ones drowning in the river as they try to escape Ukraine as it is weak as Cosmo Kramer said on Seinfeld.
You wingnuts multiply daily. What are your other handles?

Concerning the "It grows the economy" claim.......there is some benefit, but not as much as if the same amount of $ is going to US citizens. For example, if $20B in tax revenue is returned to the taxpayers, and all spent to buy GM cars, the taxpayers end up with new cars, and GM ends up with $20B. On the other hand, if spent on military hardware, the Ukrainians receive the 'benefit' of the weapons, and the arms manufacturer the $20B. The opportunity cost of sending the weapons to Ukraine is the loss of the new cars (or the building of a bridge, if you prefer). I'm not saying we shouldn't send the weapons, but there is a true economic cost involved.

That was the DC march by the WH and it was peaceful. Trump did want the National Guard to come in and he even asked if they could shoot the protesters in the legs. Biden isn’t as senile as you think, because he was right about this.
You will make them mad with your pesky FACTS! Screw the facts, the orange Lord demands it!

Concerning the "It grows the economy" claim.......there is some benefit, but not as much as if the same amount of $ is going to US citizens. For example, if $20B in tax revenue is returned to the taxpayers, and all spent to buy GM cars, the taxpayers end up with new cars, and GM ends up with $20B. On the other hand, if spent on military hardware, the Ukrainians receive the 'benefit' of the weapons, and the arms manufacturer the $20B. The opportunity cost of sending the weapons to Ukraine is the loss of the new cars (or the building of a bridge, if you prefer). I'm not saying we shouldn't send the weapons, but there is a true economic cost involved.
We’ve sent Ukraine our older weapons from our inventories for the most part and the new stuff replaces our old stuff.

I agree.

And my overall point is that the people who have bought into the notion that Russian meddling had something to do with Trump's victory in 2016 (or, preemptively, in a potential victory this year) are of a kind with the loony dupes who bought into Trump's lie that Biden won because of voter fraud.

Saying "Well, there is evidence of Russian interference" is fine. There's also evidence of voter fraud. Do both things happen? Sure, I have no issues with saying both of these things happen. But a person crosses an important line when they go from making those anodyne observations to any kind of suggestion or implication that these things have been determinative in election outcomes.

There's no way to prove Russian interference changed or didn't change the outcome of the election. However, would you prefer that presidential candidates be accepting of such help or denounce and report such help? I think the smoke around collusion with Russia's help was the bigger issue than solely that they were meddling.

As for voter fraud, you are right that it did happen (at a similar rate as every other election). Every judge that saw cases on the matter said it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the 2020 election. Claiming a stolen election due to voter fraud is a lot closer to the proven wrong side of the scale than the Russian interference/collusion issue.

There's no way to prove Russian interference changed or didn't change the outcome of the election. However, would you prefer that presidential candidates be accepting of such help or denounce and report such help? I think the smoke around collusion with Russia's help was the bigger issue than solely that they were meddling.

As for voter fraud, you are right that it did happen (at a similar rate as every other election). Every judge that saw cases on the matter said it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the 2020 election. Claiming a stolen election due to voter fraud is a lot closer to the proven wrong side of the scale than the Russian interference/collusion issue.

The problem is that you're assuming that the fraud which we detect and/or deduce from data analysis is more or less the amount that actually occurs. I've long believed that nobody can say with any degree of accuracy how much goes on. My guess -- which is no better than anybody else's -- is that it's more prevalent than what we assume, but that it's not rampant the way that Trump and his followers allege. If it was, it seems very likely that we'd be discovering more of it than we do.

So, while you're right that we can't prove the extent of the impact of foreign election interference, we similarly can't prove the extent of the impact of voter fraud unless we can say, with a reasonable amount of certainty, that we know how much is going on, which candidates benefitted, etc.

What I'm taking issue with is cynical and disingenuous people who take a kernel of amorphous truth -- voter fraud happens at some level, foreign election interference happens at some level -- and use them to make a logical leap into our elections being "rigged" and not actually free and fair.

They had something to do with it because they allowed it to happen. They may allow it to happen again before election day.

So you think that they deliberately allowed Crooks to get off the shots he took -- based on orders from up the chain? Basically "We'll give you time for a few and give you a sufficient chance...but after a few, we're going to have to take you out to keep up appearances"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT