ADVERTISEMENT

Debate Predictions

hoot1

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Interested in what the Coolerites expect will happen in the debate tonight.

Will Trump be able to pin the problems such as border security, inflation, and crime on Harris?

Will Harris manage to goad Trump into losing his cool ?

Who will win and why?

Will Trump be able to pin the problems such as border security, inflation, and crime on Harris?

Who will win and why?
There will be a lot of lies and they'll be about 10-1 (Trump-Harris). He just can't help himself.

Who will win and why?
i expect harris has been holed up studying and prepping like it's her second run at the bar. conversely i suspect trump has done next to nothing.

as a result harris will come across as very rehearsed, champing at the bit for an opportunity to use her canned attacks, while lying through her teeth about defunding, bail projects, open borders, fracking, inflation, her voting record, and on and on. and the media will declare her a star.

trump will answer with hyperbole, sort of right, sort of wrong, miss one opportunity after another to pin her down instead focusing on things that don't matter while rambling into non sequiturs that are effectively nonresponsive. lastly he'll make an off color sophomoric remark that will be replayed as the feature of his debate.

as univee said no winners. we all lose. The media has already declared Harris the winner

Last edited:
There will be a lot of lies and they'll be about 10-1 (Trump-Harris). He just can't help himself.
great excerpt from the wash post. walz lies about stupid shit. just a serial liar.

"As Harris’s repackaging team tweaked her record to make her seem like a moderate, she studiously selected as her running mate the country’s most liberal governor — a man who just happens to fudge reality, exaggerate his accomplishments and invent half-truths to burnish his résumé."

Reactions: ulrey and DANC

Who will win and why?
The stories are already written

Harris: poised, confident, coherent, honest, youthful and is just what America needs now

Trump: Rambling, lied 236 times, bouts of incoherence, aggressive, and showing his rapidly advancing age.

give me a break. her and walz lie about everything there is from abortion to social security. at least pretend to be objective. humor us.
Wait for the fact checks. Sure, other politicians lie as well, but there has never been a more prolific liar serve as President or run for President. I've been watching parts of his rally speeches, and his opening segment is full of lies and the rate doesn't slow much. This is objectively true, and it really amuses me when people try to equate his world record lying rate to that of others. They look honest in comparison.

Bill Clinton was a prolific liar as well, but now he seems honest in comparison.

Reactions: Bowlmania
i expect harris has been holed up studying and prepping like it's her second run at the bar. conversely i suspect trump has done next to nothing.

as a result harris will come across as very rehearsed, champing at the bit for an opportunity to use her canned attacks, while lying through her teeth about defunding, bail projects, open borders, fracking, inflation, her voting record, and on and on. and the media will declare her a star.

trump will answer with hyperbole, sort of right, sort of wrong, miss one opportunity after another to pin her down instead focusing on things that don't matter while rambling into non sequiturs that are effectively nonresponsive. lastly he'll make an off color sophomoric remark that will be replayed as the feature of his debate.

as univee said no winners. we all lose. The media has already declared Harris the winner
Good prediction. I think that's exactly how it will play out.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
great excerpt from the wash post. walz lies about stupid shit. just a serial liar.

"As Harris’s repackaging team tweaked her record to make her seem like a moderate, she studiously selected as her running mate the country’s most liberal governor — a man who just happens to fudge reality, exaggerate his accomplishments and invent half-truths to burnish his résumé."
The debate is between Harris and Walz. The talk about Vance and Walz is pretty much wasted energy. Almost no one cares who the VP candidate is - the race is between Harris and Trump. One caveat - just like with Biden in 2020, Trump's VP would have a better than 50 percent chance of becoming President due to incapacity or death of the old geezer at the top of the ticket. A few more than usual might take that under consideration.

How many times should Trump bring up Willie?

Reports from people who would know suggest that Harris' main prepping points are to not get too bogged down on policy or rehearsed lines and not to take Trump's latent racist and misogynistic bait.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and DANC
Wait for the fact checks. Sure, other politicians lie as well, but there has never been a more prolific liar serve as President or run for President. I've been watching parts of his rally speeches, and his opening segment is full of lies and the rate doesn't slow much. This is objectively true, and it really amuses me when people try to equate his world record lying rate to that of others. They look honest in comparison.

Bill Clinton was a prolific liar as well, but now he seems honest in comparison.
i don't need a fact checker. this is from the wash post

"As Harris’s repackaging team tweaked her record to make her seem like a moderate, she studiously selected as her running mate the country’s most liberal governor — a man who just happens to fudge reality, exaggerate his accomplishments and invent half-truths to burnish his résumé." this is a ticket that lies from the dumbest little shit that serves no benefit to lie about to the biggest of policy issues - abortion etc.

You're just so emotionally vested you can't see the forest for the trees and evaluate things objectively.

here's an excellent take from haley on cheney and haley's support of trump. once you separate emotion from the decision-making you natrually fall in line with haley

"We can either vote based on style or we can vote on substance. I'm voting based on substance," she continued. "I'm looking at the fact we can't live the next four years like we did the last four years. This is no contest."

Seeking to contrast Trump with Harris on the economy, border and energy, Haley added, "We should be very clear, if you don't like him, say you don't like him, but you can't say that his policies are worse than Kamala Harris'."

Haley also directly criticized Trump and running mate Sen. JD Vance when asked about the "gender gap" with women supporting Harris more than Trump

"I think it's because Donald Trump and JD Vance need to change the way they speak about women. You don't need to call Kamala dumb. She didn't get this far, you know, just by accident -- she's here. That's what it is. She's a prosecutor," Haley said. "You don't need to go and talk about intelligence, or looks or anything else. Just focus on the policies. When you call even a Democrat woman dumb, Republican women get their backs up too."

The debate is between Harris and Walz. The talk about Vance and Walz is pretty much wasted energy. Almost no one cares who the VP candidate is - the race is between Harris and Trump. One caveat - just like with Biden in 2020, Trump's VP would have a better than 50 percent chance of becoming President due to incapacity or death of the old geezer at the top of the ticket. A few more than usual might take that under consideration.
i think with harris going from vp to the president i think people very much care about the vp now

The stories are already written

Harris: poised, confident, coherent, honest, youthful and is just what America needs now

Trump: Rambling, lied 236 times, bouts of incoherence, aggressive, and showing his rapidly advancing age.

CoH, cancel your subscription to the Denver Post and take the New York Post:).

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
i don't need a fact checker. this is from the wash post

"As Harris’s repackaging team tweaked her record to make her seem like a moderate, she studiously selected as her running mate the country’s most liberal governor — a man who just happens to fudge reality, exaggerate his accomplishments and invent half-truths to burnish his résumé." this is a ticket that lies from the dumbest little shit that serves no benefit to lie about to the biggest of policy issues - abortion etc.

You're just so emotionally vested you can't see the forest for the trees and evaluate things objectively.

here's an excellent take from haley on cheney and haley's support of trump. once you separate emotion from the decision-making you natrually fall in line with haley

"We can either vote based on style or we can vote on substance. I'm voting based on substance," she continued. "I'm looking at the fact we can't live the next four years like we did the last four years. This is no contest."

Seeking to contrast Trump with Harris on the economy, border and energy, Haley added, "We should be very clear, if you don't like him, say you don't like him, but you can't say that his policies are worse than Kamala Harris'."

Haley also directly criticized Trump and running mate Sen. JD Vance when asked about the "gender gap" with women supporting Harris more than Trump
"I think it's because Donald Trump and JD Vance need to change the way they speak about women. You don't need to call Kamala dumb. She didn't get this far, you know, just by accident -- she's here. That's what it is. She's a prosecutor," Haley said. "You don't need to go and talk about intelligence, or looks or anything else. Just focus on the policies. When you call even a Democrat woman dumb, Republican women get their backs up too."
An opinion piece. Stop with the emotional decision-making shit. We all have some emotions, but I don't let emotions impact my decision-making process. Making decisions was my job for over 40 years. I do it objectively. I've made decisions that concerned the safety of my Sailors. Frankly, you seem like one of the most emotional posters on the WC.

Who will win and why?
Everyone will be here tonight/tomorrow arguing that their candidate won lol

This paragraph makes a lot of sense and is good advice, but I think there is close to zero chance Trump can or will follow this.

That said, if his response to a recent question on child care is any indicator, I'm not sure sticking to actual policy will do him any good. I'm not saying there aren't people who support Republican policies - there obviously are - I just don't think Trump is smart enough to articulate them in a meaningful way.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
An opinion piece. Stop with the emotional decision shit. We all have some emotions, but I don't let emotions impact my decision-making process. Making decisions was my job for over 40 years. I do it objectively. Frankly, you seem like one of the most emotional posters on the WC.
those are nikki haley's takes. you know former ambassador. the opinion piece has nothing to do with lies that were told. are you unable to separate that distinction? yes you've said that many times about your decision - making. oh i'm emotional? it means nothing to me. i've witnesses you spend a thousand hours posting about trump. telling people to stfu. that's emotional. the guy who wanted brad to meet him and say it to his face? please. you're all emotions. you just lack the self-awareness to see it

This paragraph makes a lot of sense and is good advice, but I think there is close to zero chance Trump can or will follow this.

That said, if his response to a recent question on child care is any indicator, I'm not sure sticking to actual policy will do him any good. I'm not saying there aren't people who support Republican policies - there obviously are - I just don't think Trump is smart enough to articulate them in a meaningful way.
i think he WAS able to. i think we're going to see father time has caught him

Ever since Trump entered the scene, Republican policy is whatever Trump says it is. Of course, he can't articulate it in a meaningful way and it is subject to change without any notice.

Hopefully when Trump is out of politics, it goes back to being an actual political party instead of remaining a cult behind a Trump clone/replacement.

Last edited:
those are nikki haley's takes. you know former ambassador. the opinion piece has nothing to do with lies that were told. are you unable to separate that distinction? yes you've said that many times about your decision - making. oh i'm emotional? it means nothing to me. i've witnesses you spend a thousand hours posting about trump. telling people to stfu. that's emotional. the guy who wanted brad to meet him and say it to his face? please. you're all emotions. you just lack the self-awareness to see it
Haley has good advice for Trump which he's unlikely to take.

When I say STFU, it's without emotion. I genuinely want an idiot to STFU. You do know there are assessments of personality traits, don't you? I've been assessed many times as part of various courses I've had to take. I score very low on emotion with respect to decision-making and I score very high on logic. This is exactly right and fits with everything I do in work and life. It's my personality and I know it and deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Ever since Trump entered the scene, Republican policy is whatever Trump says it is. Hopefully when Trump is out of politics, it goes back to being an actual political party instead of remaining a cult being a Trump clone/replacement.
No stupid. It’s policy where trump has the upper hand on harris
Gas prices energy
Inflation
Border policy

Wake up

Reactions: ulrey
Haley has good advice for Trump which he's unlikely to take.

When I say STFU, it's without emotion. I genuinely want an idiot to STFU. You do know there are assessments of personality traits, don't you? I've been assessed many times as part of various courses I've had to take. I score very low on emotion with respect to decision-making and I score very high on logic. This is exactly right. It's my personality and I know it and deal with it.
Yes your actions and your belief in yourself are worlds apart. We have 40,000 posts to go by

Who will win and why?
No winner but media will MSM will declare Harris the winner. ABC moderators will be biased and go after Trump.

The Media?

Since when is there only one source for the news ?

Last edited:
Reports from people who would know suggest that Harris' main prepping points are to not get too bogged down on policy or rehearsed lines and not to take Trump's latent racist and misogynistic bait.
Preparation is now apparently a bad thing.

It’s no wonder this board has so many unemployed lawyers. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT