ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich is quiet tonight

Wonder why.
feels like we're free of a few more PU trolls this morning too. The sad thing right now is it looks like the rest of the B10 is going to beat up on one another and PU is floating along above the fray so far. Give them credit for winning the close ones. We're basically a game out of being tied for 2nd.

Reactions: mk30
I guarentee he’s not doing that, he’s a righty.
I believe that was sarcasm. I know Boilers don't pick up on such subtle social ques as easily, so we'll try and make sure we're adding DWS since so many of you guys seem to relish being here... (DWS). And, those girls back in the college days didn't really have headaches or homework all the times when they said they did either(also, DWS).

It’s so funny the blogger boy types takes on Dakich. He’s a clown, but always 100% right about this stuff.
He was right in the sense that they were playing bad basketball but anyone could see that. I’m not suggesting Woody didn’t deserve criticism during that stretch but he had to make up all that crap about him sitting in saunas, napping and watching cnn all day. He’s been clamoring for an IU guy to coach IU for years and this is how he talks about him 1.5 years into his tenure.

yeah, IU owes Dakich a huge debt of gratitude.

lol
I didnt say that. Two things are for sure here. Dakich went on a rant calling out the IU players as soft, and since then, great heart and passion. And a team only members meeting called. Those two things have transpired since PSU and look at the play! A great turn around. Woody? He started a lil different starting lineup at best.

Reactions: ulrey and mk30
I didnt say that. Two things are for sure here. Dakich went on a rant calling out the IU players as soft, and since then, great heart and passion. And a team only members meeting called. Those two things have transpired since PSU and look at the play! A great turn around. Woody? He started a lil different starting lineup at best.

i don't think anybody but a few here, especially the team, cares what DD says in his little echo chamber of fan boys.

What? No credit to Woodson huh? Jackass DDs rant is what got to the players who likely (like most IU fans) wouldn’t listen to him if he was the last voice on the radio?

Guess you didn’t watch the Wisconsin game where the announcers were going on and on about how good, intense, and defensive oriented the practice they attended was. Guess you didn’t hear them talking about Woody lighting up Geronimo the whole practice.

You know nothing. This team seems to have turned a corner with 2 starters out. I hope it lasts but the Big is no cakewalk so I am sure there will be ups and downs. The players and coaches are 100% responsible for the improvement. DD and disgruntled, butt hurt fans had nothing to do with it.

God I wish those that can’t handle adversity would find another team.

I think what set TJD off these past two games was that letter he received from the "fan", calling him soft. Most guys would be afraid to display their weakness for others to see. He revealed it for all others to see as a motivational tool for himself. For what other reason would he have displayed that hateful letter? He's been playing like he took it to heart, the fancy footwork in spin as if ballet, the assertiveness and the focus.

Wouldn't it be nice if the planets were aligned such that Trayce would elect to play a fifth "Covid" year here, like he's having so much fun making it fun for fans as his plan.

Reactions: speroni
I believe that was sarcasm. I know Boilers don't pick up on such subtle social ques as easily, so we'll try and make sure we're adding DWS since so many of you guys seem to relish being here... (DWS). And, those girls back in the college days didn't really have headaches or homework all the times when they said they did either(also, DWS).
I actually enjoy these boards, unlike many Boiler diehards I like when Indiana is good, Isiah Thomas was my first hoops hero. You’re correct, I guess I missed the tongue in cheek, thought he didn’t know. I’m on Purdue boards as well, there’s plenty of IU fans, I don’t get into the silly arguements that go on, there’s knowledgeable fans on both sides. Also, I’m an Indiana High School hoops junkie, I enjoy seeing who both teams are recruiting. I promise, you won’t see me partake in the Hoosier hate, not my style at all.

I think what set TJD off these past two games was that letter he received from the "fan", calling him soft. Most guys would be afraid to display their weakness for others to see. He revealed it for all others to see as a motivational tool for himself. For what other reason would he have displayed that hateful letter? He's been playing like he took it to heart, the fancy footwork in spin as if ballet, the assertiveness and the focus.

Wouldn't it be nice if the planets were aligned such that Trayce would elect to play a fifth "Covid" year here, like he's having so much fun making it fun for fans as his plan.
If the money was right it would probably be the smart move for TJD. Dakich questioning Woodson’s work ethic with his 3 naps a day comment was wrong, I guarentee he wouldn’t say that to his face. Dakich used to be really good at his job, now he turned into a shock jock, it’s a shame because he knows his stuff.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
If the money was right it would probably be the smart move for TJD. Dakich questioning Woodson’s work ethic with his 3 naps a day comment was wrong, I guarentee he wouldn’t say that to his face. Dakich used to be really good at his job, now he turned into a shock jock, it’s a shame because he knows his stuff.
dackich is an asshole. who doesn't really know anything

I think what set TJD off these past two games was that letter he received from the "fan", calling him soft. Most guys would be afraid to display their weakness for others to see. He revealed it for all others to see as a motivational tool for himself. For what other reason would he have displayed that hateful letter? He's been playing like he took it to heart, the fancy footwork in spin as if ballet, the assertiveness and the
TJD did not reveal any weakness of his own by publishing that letter to him. Pretty strange take there.
Also, his issue was his back, not his effort. He’s getting closer to being 100%, and it shows. Fan letters don’t have such an impact.

It was also wrong to say IU's defense missed Fife. Ridiculous take. Was Fife back the last 2 games?

TJD did not reveal any weakness of his own by publishing that letter to him. Pretty strange take there.
Also, his issue was his back, not his effort. He’s getting closer to being 100%, and it shows. Fan letters don’t have such an impact.
How can you say fan letters don't have an impact when it motivated TJD to post it? Most players would have kept it to themselves. The letter stated what it was we already knew. TJD has been playing soft for the greater part of his career. It's been said here many times over the last 3 1/2 years. His back issue is a recent problem. Only recently has he asserted himself in a dominating way, the way we had always hoped. I don't think his back issue is anymore or less than what it ever was, he's just decided it is what is his and it's time to "man-up". These last two games, he's stepped up his game and that's nice to see, whatever the reason...back now better or back not better but now ticked off over shared fan letter.

It was also wrong to say IU's defense missed Fife. Ridiculous take. Was Fife back the last 2 games?
That was always the dumbest of takes. Our defense was fine after fife left and fine until injuries hit. Injuries and the subsequent adjustments hurt our defense. Without X and Race we have two out of Kopp, Geronimo, and Bates on the floor at all times. Yes they can be ok on defense but overall a significant drop from X, JHS, Galloway, Race, and TJD. Add in that TJD was at 60% and unable to move and protect the rim like he typically does and our defense was down right porous. Effort has ramped up and TJD seems to be moving again and we are playing better.

Exactly, it was rifled with a bunch of crap. I stated on these boards when IU lost to Kansas that IU was a borderline Final 4 contender, that was before the two injuries, I still believe that. Dakich talking crap about TJD was wrong as well, Davis is a human, that fan letter was ridiculous, this is sports get a grip. Congrats on the last two wins, looking forward to the Purdue game in a few weeks, I hope both are playing great leading up to the game, this state is better when both are good and the game means something. I know this, tired of the Duke/NC greatest rivalry crap, IU/Purdue in hoops until recently was right there with them.

How can you say fan letters don't have an impact when it motivated TJD to post it? Most players would have kept it to themselves. The letter stated what it was we already knew. TJD has been playing soft for the greater part of his career. It's been said here many times over the last 3 1/2 years. His back issue is a recent problem. Only recently has he asserted himself in a dominating way, the way we had always hoped. I don't think his back issue is anymore or less than what it ever was, he's just decided it is what is his and it's time to "man-up". These last two games, he's stepped up his game and that's nice to see, whatever the reason...back now better or back not better but now ticked off over shared fan letter.
It may have been said many times here that TJD plays soft, but that doesn't make it true. Having limitations that allow good players to stop him doesn't make him soft. He's narrowed those limitations every year to where now, when he's healthy, few in the conference can handle him.

Are you somehow implying that the IU players read his rants and decided to play harder???????

It may have been said many times here that TJD plays soft, but that doesn't make it true. Having limitations that allow good players to stop him doesn't make him soft. He's narrowed those limitations every year to where now, when he's healthy, few in the conference can handle him.
I'm not sure TJD is any healthier now than he was 5-10 games ago. I think he's probably just decided to be more proactive. I hope I'm wrong and he is healthy and more motivated now, for whatever reason(s).

What you say, likewise, isn't necessarily true despite many times being said so. Without dissecting his inner soul, we'll never know for sure. The only thing we can base our beliefs on is by what we see. Many have seen him perform in what they consider a manner of "soft." Now that he has been playing with what appears to be more passion, not so many will be touting the softness tag. His more aggressive play corresponds with the team's passionate play, particularly on defense. Let's hope both continue - it's the only hope we have.

I wonder if this has been the earliest a "players only team meeting" has been called for a new IU basketball coach. What is said they don't want the coaches to hear? Is a "players only" meeting analogous to a "come to Jesus" meeting at times of dire straits?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT