ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich is quiet tonight

-X acts like an idiot and needs to grow up
-Parents need to be off social media
-Players posting goofy fan letters is weak
-Players have not improved
-The offense looked like ass during the losing stretch
-Assistant coaches need to do a better job

I’m sure there is probably at least a few other items.
Ok, So he says the same things many many others do here and on other formats.

Not sure why we are attributing anything to him.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
He is definitely an a-hole. He also knows more about basketball than everyone on this board combined.
He does know a ton about basketball, the rant was filled with personal attacks, his attacks on Woodson were uncalled for, no problem with questioning his Coaching, calling him lazy with the insinuation that he awakes from his 3 naps a day was wrong, guarentee he wouldn’t say that to Woodson’s face. Also, Dakich as IU Coach wasn’t well liked, none of my IU loving friends were impressed with him. He’s a shock jock guy now, it’s a shame because he was damn good at his job and a pretty good guy to boot, wish he’d go back to that.

He does know a ton about basketball, the rant was filled with personal attacks, his attacks on Woodson were uncalled for, no problem with questioning his Coaching, calling him lazy with the insinuation that he awakes from his 3 naps a day was wrong, guarentee he wouldn’t say that to Woodson’s face. Also, Dakich as IU Coach wasn’t well liked, none of my IU loving friends were impressed with him. He’s a shock jock guy now, it’s a shame because he was damn good at his job and a pretty good guy to boot, wish he’d go back to that.
Dakich is a loser. He got fired, he is trying to stay relevant at all costs. If I ever see him at the Hall I will tell it to his face. He always says how nice the fans are to him at AH. He hurts our program and trashes our players and coach publicly. CJ Gunns dad on twitter is pretty awesome to him. Dan gets real scared when dudes start firing back at him. CJ Gunns dad would whoop his ass too, you won't see Dakich go at CJ. Bet that!

He coached IU for 7 games after they lost their coach mid season lol.

“Wasn’t well liked…” That statement alone makes me ignore your entire post if you know one iota of that situation. Carry on

Dakich is a loser. He got fired, he is trying to stay relevant at all costs. If I ever see him at the Hall I will tell it to his face. He always says how nice the fans are to him at AH. He hurts our program and trashes our players and coach publicly. CJ Gunns dad on twitter is pretty awesome to him. Dan gets real scared when dudes start firing back at him. CJ Gunns dad would whoop his ass too, you won't see Dakich go at CJ. Bet that!
Lol

You seem like little scrappy guy. Be careful stepping to old dudes from Gary. Might not end up how you planned.

• Haha
Reactions: mk30
Dakich waited until Knight had lost a step or 3 before he started airing personal insults at Knight. Dakich is a loser but he does understand the game. If you see him…tell him he’s a puss

I could see cav putting his dukes up like the notre dame mascot and peppering dakich with repeated blows to the face.
You should see me in my garage when I put on 90s gangster rap and go at my Heavy Bag. I have a mean right hook!! Speaking of, bout that time.

I'm not sure TJD is any healthier now than he was 5-10 games ago. I think he's probably just decided to be more proactive. I hope I'm wrong and he is healthy and more motivated now, for whatever reason(s).

What you say, likewise, isn't necessarily true despite many times being said so. Without dissecting his inner soul, we'll never know for sure. The only thing we can base our beliefs on is by what we see. Many have seen him perform in what they consider a manner of "soft." Now that he has been playing with what appears to be more passion, not so many will be touting the softness tag. His more aggressive play corresponds with the team's passionate play, particularly on defense. Let's hope both continue - it's the only hope we have.
He wasn't 100% in the NW game and he played 40 minutes. I was lucky enough to have amazing seats for that game. The last couple ot TO's, TJD was being basically held up by an assistant coach on the way to the huddle. Certainly looked like a guy struggling with tightness in his back.

Reactions: all4iu76
He wasn't 100% in the NW game and he played 40 minutes. I was lucky enough to have amazing seats for that game. The last couple ot TO's, TJD was being basically held up by an assistant coach on the way to the huddle. Certainly looked like a guy struggling with tightness in his back.
Maybe we'll never know how good TJD truly was in his final year in candy stripes, the unhealthy state of his back in linger that it be.

Reactions: mk30
I think we’ve gotten a pretty good idea the last couple games
Yes, but at "90%", what might another 10% look like? A few extra spin moves? Half sec. of added quickness? 1/4" higher leaping ability? A few added makes at the free throw line? An extra block? Curious minds need to know before his time in stripes has come and gone!

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
No. He got what he wanted accomplished. IU to play like they should and try their hardest. Like they should so all the time.
So you think he’d be celebrating their success? But no. He’s one of the many who we only hear from when he wants to bitch and moan.

I didnt say that. Two things are for sure here. Dakich went on a rant calling out the IU players as soft, and since then, great heart and passion. And a team only members meeting called. Those two things have transpired since PSU and look at the play! A great turn around. Woody? He started a lil different starting lineup at best.
So it has nothing to do with Woody? It’s his fault when they suck but nothing to do with him when they play better?

Reactions: bawlmer
He was right in the sense that they were playing bad basketball but anyone could see that. I’m not suggesting Woody didn’t deserve criticism during that stretch but he had to make up all that crap about him sitting in saunas, napping and watching cnn all day. He’s been clamoring for an IU guy to coach IU for years and this is how he talks about him 1.5 years into his tenure.
Dakich said all of that about Woody?
Guess they are not doing the Super Bowl party together.

Dakich said all of that about Woody?
Guess they are not doing the Super Bowl party together.
He did. That’s his problem. He can’t just criticize how the team was playing. He has to get personal and make up a bunch of junk too. Because that’s the type of person he is.

I think what set TJD off these past two games was that letter he received from the "fan", calling him soft. Most guys would be afraid to display their weakness for others to see. He revealed it for all others to see as a motivational tool for himself. For what other reason would he have displayed that hateful letter? He's been playing like he took it to heart, the fancy footwork in spin as if ballet, the assertiveness and the focus.

Wouldn't it be nice if the planets were aligned such that Trayce would elect to play a fifth "Covid" year here, like he's having so much fun making it fun for fans as his plan.
Uh that’s not why he revealed it. What a strange way to interpret it. TJD is not soft. He’s been playing injured.

How can you say fan letters don't have an impact when it motivated TJD to post it? Most players would have kept it to themselves. The letter stated what it was we already knew. TJD has been playing soft for the greater part of his career. It's been said here many times over the last 3 1/2 years. His back issue is a recent problem. Only recently has he asserted himself in a dominating way, the way we had always hoped. I don't think his back issue is anymore or less than what it ever was, he's just decided it is what is his and it's time to "man-up". These last two games, he's stepped up his game and that's nice to see, whatever the reason...back now better or back not better but now ticked off over shared fan letter.
Goodness. You can’t really think that’s why he posted it. That’s laughable. He posted it right after McCaffery left because of anxiety reasons to show how crazy fans can be. He called out the guy and made national stories for doing so. Laffy has since made private his twitter feed.

He is definitely an a-hole. He also knows more about basketball than everyone on this board combined.
Maybe. I’d prefer to listen to others who know about basketball and don’t lie, exaggerate and bully others.

I'm not sure TJD is any healthier now than he was 5-10 games ago. I think he's probably just decided to be more proactive. I hope I'm wrong and he is healthy and more motivated now, for whatever reason(s).

What you say, likewise, isn't necessarily true despite many times being said so. Without dissecting his inner soul, we'll never know for sure. The only thing we can base our beliefs on is by what we see. Many have seen him perform in what they consider a manner of "soft." Now that he has been playing with what appears to be more passion, not so many will be touting the softness tag. His more aggressive play corresponds with the team's passionate play, particularly on defense. Let's hope both continue - it's the only hope we have.
Well you might not be sure, but everyone else is. He’s said he’s about 85-90% now. He’s still taking pain meds.

everything. did you listen to what he said?
Yes. Was he right about Woody napping all the time? Spending all his time in the sauna? Watching CNN all the time? That’s his spiel and his nonsense. He should have stuck with discussing the team. But then he makes up junk like that

Reactions: IUgradman
Yes. Was he right about Woody napping all the time? Spending all his time in the sauna? Watching CNN all the time? That’s his spiel and his nonsense. He should have stuck with discussing the team. But then he makes up junk like that
Why would Dane lie about it?

He tries to talk like a tough guy and then blocks anyone who disagrees with him. Softest of all time.

Reactions: IUgradman
He coached IU for 7 games after they lost their coach mid season lol.

“Wasn’t well liked…” That statement alone makes me ignore your entire post if you know one iota of that situation. Carry on
You think Dakich is well liked around IU? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT