ADVERTISEMENT

Curtis Jones beats IU

I believe it was 3/26 from DG, RP, AD, AF?

2 stats stood out to me collectively: the 3-26 from our backcourt and that PSU had 15 steals. I don't look at that often, but I've never seen such a high # of steals. I checked the other top 25 box scores and a few teams had 10 and the range was 3-10 that I saw, except for 1 outlier @ 15. I joked with a friend that we're just not very tough and we lose 80% of the 50/50 balls, but last night I'd say that was right. Looked like the big brother taking the ball from the little brother. The only thing that kept us in the game was PSU's poor shooting too and theirs extended to the FT line. Could have easily been a 20+ pt blowout.

Reactions: largemouth
2 stats stood out to me collectively: the 3-26 from our backcourt and that PSU had 15 steals. I don't look at that often, but I've never seen such a high # of steals. I checked the other top 25 box scores and a few teams had 10 and the range was 3-10 that I saw, except for 1 outlier @ 15. I joked with a friend that we're just not very tough and we lose 80% of the 50/50 balls, but last night I'd say that was right. Looked like the big brother taking the ball from the little brother. The only thing that kept us in the game was PSU's poor shooting too and theirs extended to the FT line. Could have easily been a 20+ pt blowout.
IU’s 90% free throw shooting was another “outlier” of note for them.

The Curtis Jones step back against Kansas was awesome.

It was after that game that I really believed that Tom Crean had turned the corner with this program.

And then Fort Wayne happened. And it’s been ugly ever since.

Reactions: largemouth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT