ADVERTISEMENT

Cupps is awful

Terrible D, can’t make shots.
How do you play D when Eddie sets moving screens and no one picks up Smith as he goes around it. And NEVER is a foul called. Blame Cupps if you want. But no one else has stopped him either. It falls back to a D that is flawed and that falls back on our "coaches" I dont see that changing. But if IU makes their shots, they win. They dont make shots. Its that simple.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
This is the type of game that Purdue could easily lose in NCAA Tournament. They aren’t making shots on the perimeter and if the opposing team got hot from 3 Purdue could lose. IU just sucks so we are down 20
We’ll probably lose by 30+ unless Painter calls it off, which he usually does.

How do you play D when Eddie sets moving screens and no one picks up Smith as he goes around it. And NEVER is a foul called. Blame Cupps if you want. But no one else has stopped him either. It falls back to a D that is flawed and that falls back on our "coaches" I dont see that changing. But if IU makes their shots, they win. They dont make shots. Its that simple.
One team is good and one team is bad. The good team will win big. That simple

Reactions: BleedinGold
This is the type of game that Purdue could easily lose in NCAA Tournament. They aren’t making shots on the perimeter and if the opposing team got hot from 3 Purdue could lose. IU just sucks so we are down 20
Our slow footed guards are exposed here. NW has shown twice what athletic, good shooting guards will do to this team. NW just got screwed by the refs. 46 free throws to 8 tells it all. Up tempo team will also be a huge threat as Purdue is slow to get back on us.

Should have got a competent guard in the portal too
No shit. Keeping X was a major mistake. Wonder how many guys, ie Knecht, bounced on IU due to playing time. Woody whiffed horribly with team construction for guards. Keeping X was compounded by another year of injuries. So double whammy. He would have e made a big difference tonight on defending smith.

Last edited:
Tell me who for IU has played good defense in this game, Eddy sets a moving screen almost every play and its been call once. I don"t think you can blane anyone but the refs and our coaches.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Nieman and Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT