ADVERTISEMENT

Crean's best team

It better be his best team. If it's not, he gone.
How did he get such a good team with how poor the recruiting has been. I am confused how we can be in the top ten in the country with such poor recruiting and a poor coach.

This team has been tremendous this year. I truly believe they have all the necessary ingredients to be in the Final Four. I like Crean's chances this year. He's going to do it. He's just assembled too much talent to be denied. He's pushing all the right buttons right now. I think he's turned a corner.
Knowing you as a poster I feel like you are being sarcastic and forgot to include the LOL

And we were all doing so well - for about 36 hours or so this was actually a pretty civilized board. And then someone has to go and call CTC's hire pooey (less than optimal perhaps but "pooey" relative to the other two?!) followed by dual proclamations of nausea subsequently obliging someone else to pillory all the alleged "haterz"and we're off to the races (read as circling the drain)...

All y'all might imagine that you're sittiing in bar having drinks with whomever you're addressing before you type and hit "post reply". Really. The whole cowards with keyboards back and forth is really lame/disgraceful/pointless/etc. Or at least it;s hardly emblematic of the humor, creativity and sophistication one might expect from an exchange at the heart of the Cream & Crimson's Hoosier Nation.

But WTF do I know? Next to nothing to be sure save that "your sh*t stinks worse than mine" is a fool's game. Thus do I imagine. Sincerest apologies in advance for playing "mom".

Game-day tomorrow: already on record with 101-45. Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
This team has been tremendous this year. I truly believe they have all the necessary ingredients to be in the Final Four. I like Crean's chances this year. He's going to do it. He's just assembled too much talent to be denied. He's pushing all the right buttons right now. I think he's turned a corner.
This team has the talent to be his best. We'll see if he can coach them to their potential.

Upon discovering the posts made during the time I typed my own, it seems that like another poster I may have also forgotten where I was and may be experiencing some lower GI distress of my own. Any chance the powers that be could ban the expression above pertaining to frozen confections along with religious avatars? Won't resolve the real issue but it would be a start...

Time was all the flamers were from other schools/forums.

Upon discovering the posts made during the time I typed my own, it seems that like another poster I may have also forgotten where I was and may be experiencing some lower GI distress of my own. Any chance the powers that be could ban the expression above pertaining to frozen confections along with religious avatars? Won't resolve the real issue but it would be a start...

What's wrong with religious avatars?

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Yeah! This is our year!!

Crean's program is trending in the right direction so hard. Its a damn shame a lot of local kids can't see that. Hopefully their lack of vision doesn't cause us to stall in future years.

@hoosierdug : Thank you so much for making a positive post. I am tired of all the DAMN HATERS with their endless statistics about turnovers and sweet 16 roadblock talk. This is our year, I can feel it. This is a FINAL FOUR team, if not better.

To those off you being negative: shame on you! Give me your tickets if you hate CTC so bad. Just because he makes $3.7 million a year doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like GARBAGE by a spoiled what have you done for me lately fanbase.

To those of you attempting to threadjack a positive thread: shame on you and punch yourself IN THE FACE. Finally a good thread, and you guys poo all over it with your Ohio State Suckeyes talk.

Stay off of the bandwagon, HATERS.

First things first, coach has to make the tourney for the third time in a row for the 2nd time ever

Folks will gladly eat crow but it will be more like coach has changed. Posters and scoreboards haven't been wrong all these years.

Again, the ball is in coach's court. It's coach who must stop hating balanced basketball lolz

What's wrong with religious avatars?
Original meaning of the word, avatar. 1.a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.

Which could mean you have an avatar of an avatar? Intentional irony? Or ignorant blasphemy?

For what it's worth mine is religious too. To rabbits.

How did he get such a good team with how poor the recruiting has been. I am confused how we can be in the top ten in the country with such poor recruiting and a poor coach.

Neigo we have different expectations. Having a Top 10 team once every 4 years is not real good.

First things first, coach has to make the tourney for the third time in a row for the 2nd time ever

Folks will gladly eat crow but it will be more like coach has changed. Posters and scoreboards haven't been wrong all these years.

Again, the ball is in coach's court. It's coach who must stop hating balanced basketball lolz

I don't need my reading glasses to know a HATER when I see one. Support the team AND the coach! Tom Crean is a decent man, and cares about the players. A lot of coaches don't you know.

Reactions: FrankTGucker

You must be dizzy from wrassling king cobras Rikki! 1) My avatar is The Chosen of the Lord of Light, for the night is dark and full of terrors for HATERS, Rikki! 2) Why are you calling for bannings? Do you need your safe-space? Go to Starbucks!

If this team(TC) can win the games they are suppose to and not have the typical let down it will be a great season. Problem being TC has proven he can coach them to a couple loses that are head scratchers. He has proven me right already once this year and i have predicted at least two more bottom feeder loses. Just what his teams are. And forget a 1 or a 2 seed. Won't happen.
Why won't it happen? He's led us to a number 1 seed before. He's also been to a Final Four before. Now if you think either of those things is/are highly unlikely this year, that's fine, but the speaking in absolutes on here drives me nuts. He's accomplished both of those things.

And we were all doing so well - for about 36 hours or so this was actually a pretty civilized board. And then someone has to go and call CTC's hire pooey (less than optimal perhaps but "pooey" relative to the other two?!) followed by dual proclamations of nausea subsequently obliging someone else to pillory all the alleged "haterz"and we're off to the races (read as circling the drain)...

All y'all might imagine that you're sittiing in bar having drinks with whomever you're addressing before you type and hit "post reply". Really. The whole cowards with keyboards back and forth is really lame/disgraceful/pointless/etc. Or at least it;s hardly emblematic of the humor, creativity and sophistication one might expect from an exchange at the heart of the Cream & Crimson's Hoosier Nation.

But WTF do I know? Next to nothing to be sure save that "your sh*t stinks worse than mine" is a fool's game. Thus do I imagine. Sincerest apologies in advance for playing "mom".

Game-day tomorrow: already on record with 101-45. Anyone else?

Rikki, you have a pretty tongue, though I wish you'd write down to my level. I talk this way to everyone, except that neighbor kid who is going to Purdue. I hate that little sumbitch and will not even speak to him now.

One question: does pillory mean "kick the pooey out of" because that is what I really want to do all the haters.

Reactions: hoosierdug
That's some very thinly veiled sarcasm. You seem like a very miserable person based on your past bizarre rants about Crean. Kind of sad that you can't just watch the games and are rooting for the team to fail to be right on the internet. But, to each their own.

Why won't it happen? He's led us to a number 1 seed before. He's also been to a Final Four before. Now if you think either of those things is/are highly unlikely this year, that's fine, but the speaking in absolutes on here drives me nuts. He's accomplished both of those things.

I like BB-8, are you also a robot? YOu are very logical, and that gives you away, my android friend.
Coach graduates his players, he helps the guys that are going to lose playing time find a new school to play for, he recruits damn good kids. My only complaint about Coach is that pants tugging thing. It looks like some one put a rodent in his pants and he is trying to let it out. Now that I think about it, mongooses are rodents, which is weird because they have "goose" in their name. That's just crazy.

Last edited:
That's some very thinly veiled sarcasm. You seem like a very miserable person based on your past bizarre rants about Crean. Kind of sad that you can't just watch the games and are rooting for the team to fail to be right on the internet. But, to each their own.

I think Hoosierdug was shown the light by our wins over KU and UNC. People are allowed to change their mind.
When you robots talk amongst yourselves do you call humans "meatbags?" That would be cool.

not absolutes...it's called cognition...literally thinking...the past is the best indicator for the future...but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? :)

mike davis went to a final four but i don't think he's ever going back to one again. if it makes you feel better, i think Crean has a way better chance than mike

if you have to defend a guy who is making 3.5 mil at IU by basically saying anything could happen then you and he are doing it wrong. lol

I think Hoosierdug was shown the light by our wins over KU and UNC. People are allowed to change their mind.
When you robots talk amongst yourselves do you call humans "meatbags?" That would be cool.
18658583.jpg

not absolutes...it's called cognition...literally thinking...the past is the best indicator for the future...but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? :)

mike davis went to a final four but i don't think he's ever going back to one again. if it makes you feel better, i think Crean has a way better chance than mike

if you have to defend a guy who is making 3.5 mil at IU by basically saying anything could happen then you and he are doing it wrong. lol
Don't sleep on Texas Southern. They are playing one of the most difficult non-con schedules in the country, and will probably dominate their conference. They could end up earning a decent seed for a low-major. Obviously, most years, none of the Cinderella teams make it all the way to the FF, but it does happen once in a while, and if it were to happen this year, they would be one of the best candidates.

Crean's program is trending in the right direction so hard. Its a damn shame a lot of local kids can't see that. Hopefully their lack of vision doesn't cause us to stall in future years.

No offense but we don't need local talent to win. That's a thing of the passed.

I want kids that want to play for Indiana. I think Crean has done a good job of recruiting that type of kid. He has assembled a team as good or better than the Zeller '12 team. There's no reason we can't make the final fire this year and win the whole damn thing.

Like a poster above stated, as well as the OP, Crean HAS made the FF before. This team is better. Anyone who can't see the progress of Crean as a coach and this program is general is blind. I truly feel bad fore you.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
If this team(TC) can win the games they are suppose to and not have the typical let down it will be a great season. Problem being TC has proven he can coach them to a couple loses that are head scratchers. He has proven me right already once this year and i have predicted at least two more bottom feeder loses. Just what his teams are. And forget a 1 or a 2 seed. Won't happen.
Everybody loses games. He'll have them humming by tournament time. Just wait and see. This team is supremely talented.

Reactions: HA2740
Original meaning of the word, avatar. 1.a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.

Which could mean you have an avatar of an avatar? Intentional irony? Or ignorant blasphemy?

For what it's worth mine is religious too. To rabbits.

I'd own it either way and will take/support blasphemy and reviling anything imagined (except children's stories) any way I can get it.

Your "avatar" rocks/rules. Have said before it's the best one on the Forum with Hoosier Manic a close second. As this thread is toast, see you elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT