ADVERTISEMENT

Crean's best team

Haterz gonna hate. There's still plenty-o-room on the 'ol bandwagon, kind sir. Please get yourself in line. I KNOW you know that the man has turned a corner, the debacle in The Fort not withstanding. If OG isn't sick, we win that game going away. I'm telling you, he's turned a corner.

No offense but we don't need local talent to win. That's a thing of the passed.

I want kids that want to play for Indiana. I think Crean has done a good job of recruiting that type of kid. He has assembled a team as good or better than the Zeller '12 team. There's no reason we can't make the final fire this year and win the whole damn thing.

Like a poster above stated, as well as the OP, Crean HAS made the FF before. This team is better. Anyone who can't see the progress of Crean as a coach and this program is general is blind. I truly feel bad fore you.

Progress? This team hasn't won anything yet or by progress did you mean progress, digress, and them more progress, like the last 4 years?

Dude can coach -- just hasn't earned his IU money yet

@hoosierdug : Thank you so much for making a positive post. I am tired of all the DAMN HATERS with their endless statistics about turnovers and sweet 16 roadblock talk. This is our year, I can feel it. This is a FINAL FOUR team, if not better.

To those off you being negative: shame on you! Give me your tickets if you hate CTC so bad. Just because he makes $3.7 million a year doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like GARBAGE by a spoiled what have you done for me lately fanbase.

To those of you attempting to threadjack a positive thread: shame on you and punch yourself IN THE FACE. Finally a good thread, and you guys poo all over it with your Ohio State Suckeyes talk.

Stay off of the bandwagon, HATERS.
God bless you for the kind words. Far too much negativity these days and I for one, have had it. I was a HUGE part of the problem for so, so long but I know now what an idiot I was. I'm all for supporting Coach Crean. He's assembled a great team and they'll do nothing but great things come tournament time.
Again, thank you so much for the kind words and support. It's an oasis in a desolate and lonely landscape and will provide me with comfort on those nights when bad calls cost us the occasional game.

Anything less than a Final Four with this team will be a MAJOR disappointment.
NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN. This team is WAY too talented and Crean is pushing all the right buttons. That loss was just the wake up call this team needed, even if it was only because OG was sick.

That's some very thinly veiled sarcasm. You seem like a very miserable person based on your past bizarre rants about Crean. Kind of sad that you can't just watch the games and are rooting for the team to fail to be right on the internet. But, to each their own.
Please see my other post. I was WRONG. I'm done disparaging Coach Crean. If you want to talk $hit to me, whatever. I'm going to enjoy watching Coach Crean get this team deep, deep into the tourney. They're easily his most talented team. I'm dead serious. What games, exactly, haven't I watched? Our lone loss was because OG was so sick and ineffective. What in the hell did I say that was miserable in this thread?

Please see my other post. I was WRONG. I'm done disparaging Coach Crean. If you want to talk $hit to me, whatever. I'm going to enjoy watching Coach Crean get this team deep, deep into the tourney. They're easily his most talented team. I'm dead serious. What games, exactly, haven't I watched? Our lone loss was because OG was so sick and ineffective. What in the hell did I say that was miserable in this thread?
Just RBB wallow in his hate....no need to sully yourself with his slop.

Reactions: hoosierdug
47531027.jpg
So is being negative and not seeing that Crean is improving as a coach and that this team is far too athletic and talented (combined with his coaching) to not get to the FF this year. It's gonna happen. Just hide and watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike41703
It's nice to see someone with capability of self-reflection and growth. Kudos to you, my good man. You are a true IU fan.

Knowing you as a poster I feel like you are being sarcastic and forgot to include the LOL
No LOL. I was wrong. What can I say? I truly think he's turned a corner and the results from this year speak for themselves. This team is immmmmmmmmmensely talented and he's the one that assembled them. This is the year and unlike Joe Maddon, he won't even come close to screwing this up because he's absolutely making all the right moves right now. The FW game was an aberration. OG was sick. Plain and simple.
This is the year. Period.

He apparently cut down practice intensity last year and still his 3rd best team ever was 2-2 in the post season.

I think it's his game strategy that needs fixing, not over working 18 to 22 year old kids.

Wow, that was close.

I swear I read that as "cut down practice nets" and started to choke.

Always read s l o w l y.

Wake me when Big Ten starts

Religion and Tom Crean have a lot in common. You have to have faith.

You can take that anyway you'd like.
Some of us have seen the light on the other side and know better. It's no longer faith. It's knowledge. To quote another recent convert, C$, it's all happening. Believe, brother, believe. Tis the season.

God bless you for the kind words. Far too much negativity these days and I for one, have had it. I was a HUGE part of the problem for so, so long but I know now what an idiot I was. I'm all for supporting Coach Crean. He's assembled a great team and they'll do nothing but great things come tournament time.
Again, thank you so much for the kind words and support. It's an oasis in a desolate and lonely landscape and will provide me with comfort on those nights when bad calls cost us the occasional game.

Welcome aboard! Next stop final four.

No LOL. I was wrong. What can I say? I truly think he's turned a corner and the results from this year speak for themselves. This team is immmmmmmmmmensely talented and he's the one that assembled them. This is the year and unlike Joe Maddon, he won't even come close to screwing this up because he's absolutely making all the right moves right now. The FW game was an aberration. OG was sick. Plain and simple.
I'm still not 100% sold on Crean, but this team is talented enough that a good high school coach could get IU in the top 2/3 in the B1G, at least play on Sat in the BTT (I'm convinced the B1G is down this year), and get to a sweet 16 by just rolling the ball out and letting the team play.
Crean is better than a high school coach so he should easily exceed those expectations with this much talent.

I'm still not 100% sold on Crean, but this team is talented enough that a good high school coach could get IU in the top 2/3 in the B1G, at least play on Sat in the BTT (I'm convinced the B1G is down this year), and get to a sweet 16 by just rolling the ball out and letting the team play.
Crean is better than a high school coach so he should easily exceed those expectations with this much talent.
4YMgGH.gif

Haterz gonna hate. There's still plenty-o-room on the 'ol bandwagon, kind sir. Please get yourself in line. I KNOW you know that the man has turned a corner, the debacle in The Fort not withstanding. If OG isn't sick, we win that game going away. I'm telling you, he's turned a corner.

I hope you're right but I'll believe it when I see it. He has to at least make the Elite 8 to give me any sort of hope going forward. There's honestly no reason for us not to make the FF and if Crean can't do it with this roster it's never going to happen. There's also a lot of concern for next season as the 2017 class was a bust and Bryant, OG, and JBJ all look to be gone. How are people going to reach if we get bounced in the Elite 8 and then fall off a cliff next season?

I just haven't seen enough yet. I predicted we'd have one loss in the non-conference and that's exactly where we are. We also have UL and Butler to come and I've said for months those were both much, much more likely to be losses than UNC. We just don't lose at home. Assembly Hall is worth 15 points vs the same team at a neutral site.

We should easily win the B1G but I really have doubts about the Big Dance. Crean has only been past the Sweet 16 once in a near 2 decade career at 2 top 25 programs and that one time was when he had the best player in college basketball on his roster. The other time he had the best player in the country, along with another top 5 draft pick, he got destroyed in the Sweet 16. It's really comical that he's had so little post season success. I guess I just need to see more.

Tom Crean is a decent man, and cares about the players. A lot of coaches don't you know.
This is precisely why I think Crean will lead us back to the promised land and put Hoosier fans into Heaven! I truly believe we as fans are blessed to have such a good Christian man running our beloved program!

PS - love your avatar!

Think that he is talking football.

Correct. To me a Big 10 Champion should never be lower than a 2 seed which means worst case scenario #8 in the country. But the precedent has been set. Will be interesting to compare power conference champions in the future to our 5 seed from last year.

To me us being a 5 seed was just part of the made for TV setup programs like IU will face. So instead of Kentucky in round 2 this year who do we get? UCLA in round 2, Kentucky in round 3....Duke for a chance to get to Final 4?

Correct. To me a Big 10 Champion should never be lower than a 2 seed which means worst case scenario #8 in the country. But the precedent has been set. Will be interesting to compare power conference champions in the future to our 5 seed from last year.

To me us being a 5 seed was just part of the made for TV setup programs like IU will face. So instead of Kentucky in round 2 this year who do we get? UCLA in round 2, Kentucky in round 3....Duke for a chance to get to Final 4?

The Big Ten regular season champs got #5 seeds back in 2003 (Wisconsin) and 2004 (Illinois). Wiscy had a non-con schedule rank of 102, while that of the Illini was 47. Wiscy lost its first BTT game, but the Illini even played on Sunday.

The common denominator is a weak Big Ten and at least 2 losses to non-NCAA Tourney qualifiers.

Also, 2009 LSU had the best record in the SEC by 3 games and got a #8 seed. 2012 Washington won the Pac 12 outright and got sent to the NIT

Last edited:

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be for the tournament committee to "create" match ups between certain teams? Really?

IU-UK happened because of how both our teams were - not because there was some grand design. When you play in the 5th best conference and have a NC-SOS of 265, it explains why we received a #5 seed.

Sometimes that light that appears from the other side is a revelation. Then again, sometimes that light is a train . . .

There are sides?! But only two?! Does that mean if one is positioned to the side of a side they wouldn't be able to see anything?! Could explain a lot going on here lately...then again it could simply be genetics.

So are you trying to set him up for failure if does not meet these expectations. If you are telling the truth I am happy that you have at least giving him a chance. If he fails then it will be time for a change if not let's get behind our coach.

So are you trying to set him up for failure if does not meet these expectations. If you are telling the truth I am happy that you have at least giving him a chance. If he fails then it will be time for a change if not let's get behind our coach.
How am I setting him up for failure? I'm supporting him and the team. You guys are unbelievable. You complain about all the negativity and I have a legit change of heart and I get crap like this. Yes, Scott I'm convinced Crean is going to lead this team, easily his most athletic and interchangeable, to a FF this year. It's all there.

How am I setting him up for failure? I'm supporting him and the team. You guys are unbelievable. You complain about all the negativity and I have a legit change of heart and I get crap like this. Yes, Scott I'm convinced Crean is going to lead this team, easily his most athletic and interchangeable, to a FF this year. It's all there.
Scott seems to think you're a lot more clever than you really are.

Ding, ding, ding....we have a bingo.
Not sure of that particular posters intent but the overall posters (many posters, not this particular poster) narrative is shifting from:
Crean cannot recruit
Why did we take OG,JM
Who in the hell is Cojo
Crean cannot develop players
Our good players would have made it to the NBA anyway etc.

With bad recruiting and a total inability to develop players we should absolutely suck but now that we are looking good the message is:

There is no way a team with all this talent should not be in the FF.
We have the best talent in the league.
A high school coach could go far with this team etc etc

Kind of funny to read/watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU Hardcore
Not sure of that particular posters intent but the narrative is shifting from:
Crean cannot recruit
Why did we take OG,JM
Who in the hell is Cojo

With bad recruiting and a total inability to develop players we should absolutely suck but now that we are looking good the message is:

Where did I say a HS coach could be doing what Crean is doing? That's complete bull. Crean has assembled a great and highly athletic team that should go to the FF this year. He's turned a corner with his coaching IMHO. What's funny is that all of you guys that did nothing but preach against negativity now can't accept that some of us are actually coming around. In the words of a Welsh friend of mine, take yes for an answer.

Not sure of that particular posters intent but the narrative is shifting from:
Crean cannot recruit
Why did we take OG,JM
Who in the hell is Cojo

Actually, what's funny is watching the only thoughtful posters on this forum summarily dismissed because they have at some point been labeled as "haters." If they say something negative, they have an agenda. If they same something positive, they have an agenda. Hell, if they say something entirely benign, they have an agenda.

But here they are, drawing conclusions from facts that are available, and accepting them, even when those conclusions are contradictory to what they formerly believed, a level of basic reasoning ability that most of the rest of you have never displayed.

Maybe you are looking at the wrong posters for an "agenda."

I am happy with this team even with the bad loss. I would rather have that loss and 2 wins against the top five any day
One, I don't feel the loss to IPFW is that bad. They are 118th in Kenpom. Likely to win their conference. Possible NCAAT team.

Secondly. Not one single fan on here would trade the IPFW loss for one of the wins over KU and UNC. Those two wins easily trump the loss to FW.

One, I don't feel the loss to IPFW is that bad. They are 118th in Kenpom. Likely to win their conference. Possible NCAAT team.

Secondly. Not one single fan on here would trade the IPFW loss for one of the wins over KU and UNC. Those two wins easily trump the loss to FW.

Please don't use the word trump again.

Thanks.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Quite frankly, (I started a thread about this the night of the game) I think the loss to Ft Wayne will do more for this team than either win against KU or UNC. I'm not saying that those won't help this team...but that Ft Wayne loss was much better for this team, that is growing and learning what it takes to be a championship team.

Quite frankly, (I started a thread about this the night of the game) I think the loss to Ft Wayne will do more for this team than either win against KU or UNC. I'm not saying that those won't help this team...but that Ft Wayne loss was much better for this team, that is growing and learning what it takes to be a championship team.
I hope you are right, but judging our lack of focus an energy in non-UNC games since, I'm not sure we've seen that benefit yet. They might need to lose a couple more for it to really sink in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT