ADVERTISEMENT

Covered Bridge Festival

Mar 10, 2010
Anyone plan on attending this wonderful event? I so look forward to it every Fall. So many booths filled with arts and crafts. It’s amazing how creative some folks can be.

Anyone plan on attending this wonderful event? I so look forward to it every Fall. So many booths filled with arts and crafts. It’s amazing how creative some folks can be.
I have missed a lot of the local festivals,fairs etc in my blessed Indiana this summer since moving to Pennsylvania. I'll have to find some good ones here. Moving to a new place can be kind of strange because you don't know a lot of people and don't know what is good and what is bad as far as those things go.

Wonderful event? It's a rip off! Cheaply made arts and crafts for sure. There's about 5 places total in the whole place that I buy from. Traffic is awful too. I live within 20 minutes of this ignorant festival and I haven't been in years. Dropping money at events like this does ensure illegal child labor will continue around the world.

If you want a wonderful event at Mansfield, go the Christmas festival they have. Much smaller, and much better arts and crafts and no child labor issues.

Reactions: 13thman
Speaking of Mansfield, what is the story on the murder around there back in the late '70's?
Hollandsburg murders in '77. Scary times as all of the assailants were from here in my backyard. Every day there would be new rumors about so and so being seen nearby. Some say it was a random act. Some say it was a bad drug deal. I don't know. All I know is that it was a really bad situation.

Reactions: crossfire74
Hollandsburg murders in '77. Scary times as all of the assailants were from here in my backyard. Every day there would be new rumors about so and so being seen nearby. Some say it was a random act. Some say it was a bad drug deal. I don't know. All I know is that it was a really bad situation.
It was a thrill kill....they just picked a random family because they knew one of the victims. They were all high on LSD at the time of the killings. 3 of the 4 murders are still alive and in DOC....the leader of the killings died in Prison in 2014.

It was a thrill kill....they just picked a random family because they knew one of the victims. They were all high on LSD at the time of the killings. 3 of the 4 murders are still alive and in DOC....the leader of the killings died in Prison in 2014.
The local paper had police sketches on the front page. Some guys were hanging out by the vendor and one said to the other "Damn, you better shave your beard. That looks like you." Turns out it was.

Reactions: crossfire74
In small communities murder is one of those crimes that is never forgotten. When I was in school we learned about a murder (early 1900's I think) in Washington,IN where a man thought this family had a lot of money stashed in their house. He took a hammer and killed the whole family, never finding the money. When he got home he explained to his wife that the blood on his shirt was from a bad tooth and he had been to the dentist. When he later could not explain why he lied about being at the dentist then the story unraveled and he was found guilty in court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT