ADVERTISEMENT

Muldoon’s on Main

They were, but I left most of them behind. Tried my best to keep lunch under 2800 calories.

ymrJ8l3.jpg
That's a flattering pic of you!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
My all-time favorite breaded tenderloin is at Miller's Tavern in North Vernon. Huge, but not pounded so thin that it's dried out. Pic from google images. yeah, North Vernon is kind of a dump so it would take effort to go there.

I'm also on a couple of those breaded tenderloin FB groups. Probably have chatted up snarlcakes.

348s.jpg

Broker must have been in Nora, but I'm not familiar with it. The Pawn Shop was on College North of 54th. Brinkley's might be the name the place that is there now.
I think Binkley's did go in that space. The one in Nora had excellent BTs'

The Vu and Pawn Brokers followed each other in the same building in Nora. I don't remember which one was there 1st, maybe Pawn Brokers......
Broker was there in the late eighties.

I was there one St Paddy's night and the Gordon Pipers bus pulls up. Door opens and 11 beer cans roll down rhe stairs ast they march in playing.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU and DANC
Broker was there in the late eighties.

I was there one St Paddy's night and the Gordon Pipers bus pulls up. Door opens and 11 beer cans roll down rhe stairs ast they march in playing.
That would have been cool.

Battered > Breaded

Mustard, Iceberg, Tomato

The Willard in Franklin makes a good one

Under NO circumstances is a battered BTS acceptable...ever

There was/is an IU bar down n Ft Myers that served a battered BTS and it was offensive. People from outside of Indiana come there and get that crap thinking that is the real deal. Batter peele off in a sheet...so nasty

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
If you want a unique experience, go to Bonge's. It's in Perkinsville, which is an unincorporated town along the White River between Anderson and Cicero.

When I met my wife (she's from Anderson), she took me to this place that was a dive bar that only served beer. Very cold beer to the locals and anyone fishing on the White River. Rumors were the upstairs used to be a whorehouse. Place was a dump.

Then some guy from Carmel - he either cooked, or owned, the Glass Chimney, and bought the place and fixed it up. He has about 4 items that always on the menu and 3 or 4 that change out. It didn't used to accept reservations, so people would literally tailgate while waiting for a table. By the time you got your table, everyone was usually sloshed. It's a very small place - maybe seats 50 people.

The food is excellent and it's actually reasonably priced. The clientele is what used to be called Yuppies.

The owner just sold it to another guy who has a place in Fortville and supposedly isn't changing anything. Probably my favorite restaurant anywhere.

I live down the road from Bonge's. The Perkinsville Pork ( the name of the unincorporated town where the restaurant is located) is a pork filet pounded flat to tenderize it and then lighly breaded. There is a lemon and buttery element to the breading. It is fantastic. The new owners of the restaurant are the owners of FoxGardin in Fortville and Smoky's in Lapel. I have not been since they took over but I hear it is the same. One of Reggie Miller's favorite places. Lots of Indy celebs drive up to dine.

Under NO circumstances is a battered BTS acceptable...ever

There was/is an IU bar down n Ft Myers that served a battered BTS and it was offensive. People from outside of Indiana come there and get that crap thinking that is the real deal. Batter peele off in a sheet...so nasty

A BTS is just that, a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich. I never claimed battering it is "the real deal" lol. I love a good BTS. And I agree, there is nothing traditional about battered pork tenderloin sandwich, but done right it's a fine sammich. If that bar in Fort Myers had batter that separated from the meat in their finished product, then they made mistakes in prep, cooking or both.

You really wouldn't slap number two between a bun with some mustard and pickle and enjoy it?

A BTS is just that, a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich. I never claimed battering it is "the real deal" lol. I love a good BTS. And I agree, there is nothing traditional about battered pork tenderloin sandwich, but done right it's a fine sammich. If that bar in Fort Myers had batter that separated from the meat in their finished product, then they made mistakes in prep, cooking or both.

You really wouldn't slap number two between a bun with some mustard and pickle and enjoy it?
Thou Shalt Not Dippeth Thy Tenderloin

Thou Shall Dredgeth and Dredgeth Alone.

Thou Shelt Not Poundeth Thy Meat Beyond Juicyness

Amen

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT