ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats - impressive performance

Shimmy24

Benchwarmer
Aug 22, 2013
You guys shot lights out and your guards beat us off the dribble constantly. I was concerned that we would have to adjust to you and not vice versa and that's exsctly what happened. Melo played like a freshman and it happens but good job on keying in on him. Had it not been for Layman we would have lost by 30.

Doubt you guys shoot again like that all season but it was partially because of poor defending on our end. Congrats on the win, hope we can return the favor in a few weeks ;).

Thanks.

Apparently, though, you have not watched a lot of IU games this year. IU shoots the ball well most nights. Might be the best perimeter shooting team in the country. Certainly the Big Ten.

Eh, it's tough to win on the road in the Big Ten. Especially if the team hasn't been to that venue it can put a lot of pressure on teams. IU fans (like most) get jacked up when playing a ranked opponent so we had a decided advantage. Going to Maryland will be a different game but I'm glad we were at least able to get this one. I think with Wisky's schedule they are going to end up the clear favorites but at least IU has a chance. Sadly, MSU has one of the weaker BT schedules from here on out and since they dont have to face Maryland again they will likely finish right up there with Wisky.

This post was edited on 1/23 9:12 AM by YOTHN

No offense

But it's the best you've shot the ball all year in regards to 3's made and 3p%, so you don't usually shoot the ball like that. You would have beat most teams in the country with the way you guys shot the ball last night. There's no slight here and all the credit to you, but you guys haven't shot the ball that well all year.

Re: No offense

Your defense had a lot to do with that.
Originally posted by Shimmy24:
But it's the best you've shot the ball all year in regards to 3's made and 3p%, so you don't usually shoot the ball like that. You would have beat most teams in the country with the way you guys shot the ball last night. There's no slight here and all the credit to you, but you guys haven't shot the ball that well all year.

This just means the Terps will be even more jacked up when IU comes to Maryland. IU has several 3 point bombers so it would not be surprising if they have a few games where they shoot lights out like last night especially at home.

You are right. That was an insane shooting night. However the inability to stop the drive set it up. The team did not take a lot of bad 3s. You guys played well.

Not denying that, I mentioned how they consistently beat us off the dribble, but Yogi had like four step back threes with a guy in his face that were going in no matter what.

Point was, they shot better than they have all year and if they shoot 65% from three, they are going to beat anybody in the country with the amount of threes they take each game.
Originally posted by St_Henry_Buckeye:
Your defense had a lot to do with that.
Originally posted by Shimmy24:

No doubt, IU shot better than their average, but their average is pretty darned good.

The beautiful flow of the offense with the spacing also allowed IU to get to the rim almost at will. They had Maryland covered coming and going last night.

Maryland had previously not given up more than 68 points in any game this year and gave up 89. That was an offensive clinic last night. Hartman replacing the injured Perea has opened up the offense to a whole new level.

Beautiful basketball!

I hope it is a sign of things to come.

This post was edited on 1/23 10:10 AM by ayeyou

This post was edited on 1/23 10:11 AM by ayeyou

Sorry but they don't shoot 60% every game

I agree with the OP, they won't shoot like that ever game but you are correct in a way ... they do shoot the 3 better than most teams as does Maryland. You seem to forget the cold 3's in the Nebraska and Ohio State games but both wins. That proves IU can win when the 3 doesn't go in a lot but still last night was an awesome display and percentages were off the charts.

You guys shot pretty well yourself (granted we were lights out). The difference for us I think was getting to the free throw line, and keeping it even on the boards. I would've never thought, we could've hung with you guys in the rebounding column. If anything it will be a lot closer game next time.

Welcome to the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT