ADVERTISEMENT

Chloe MM announces on Twitter she is coming back.

Parrish and Coach Moren also tweeted how happy they are.

She tweeted after Iowa game, let's do it again or something.

Figured it was a fine deal then.

Probably had to finalize the NIL package this past week.

I don't see how next season women's team drops out of the top 4 in the Big Ten, I love the younger bench players. Need a post that can produce though, can Moren get 1/3 of Mack's production replaced?

Reactions: kmathum

I don't see how next season women's team drops out of the top 4 in the Big Ten, I love the younger bench players. Need a post that can produce though, can Moren get 1/3 of Mack's production replaced?
I agree with the top 7 probably coming back and adding a center and forward that are 6'4" and 6'3" respectively keep them near the top Iowa and Ohio State lose a lot at the top also.

Although she is not a machine-like Holmes, Meister will be a solid center as she plays more minutes this year than last year and is a rebounding machine with great footwork on offense. She has also done like Holmes does beating people down the floor and getting layups on the break.

Meister is averaging 4ppg and 2.7 rebounds per game in 10 minutes. In 20 plus minutes she should easily be better than a third of Holmes production with her skill level.

Last edited:

I love your confidence. But hard to replace Holmes and Scalia.

I agree with the top 7 probably coming back and adding a center and forward that are 6'4" and 6'3" respectively keep them near the top Iowa and Ohio State lose a lot at the top also.

Although she is not a machine-like Holmes, Meister will be a solid center as she plays more minutes this year than last year and is a rebounding machine with great footwork on offense. She has also done like Holmes does beating people down the floor and getting layups on the break.

Meister is averaging 4ppg and 2.7 rebounds per game in 10 minutes. In 20 plus minutes she should easily be better than a third of Holmes production with her skill level.
My thoughts (hopes) on Lilly:
1. She has watched Holmes for two years. Hard to have a better effort and locker room teacher.
2. Ihave heard Moren say that from freshman to sophomore years Lilly remade her body with loss of fat and gain of muscle.
3. Makes me really hope for another productive off season jump in abilities.

Her tweet previously meant sell it out again.

But CMM makes a fine of NIL
I very seriously doubt CMM makes more than pizza money off NIL Very very few athletes not in football or men's basketball get NIL money other than t-shirt and jersey sales nickles and dimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I love your confidence. But hard to replace Holmes and Scalia.
Especially with lightly regarded/ unranked talent. And without Holmes commanding a doubleteam every time she touched the ball, the perimeter players are going to face a much tougher time scoring. Much like Purdue men next year without Edey.

Reactions: kkott
Especially with lightly regarded/ unranked talent. And without Holmes commanding a doubleteam every time she touched the ball, the perimeter players are going to face a much tougher time scoring. Much like Purdue men next year without Edey.
Good point. Easier to get out and guard on a three if you don’t drop back to double team the post.

It will definitely be a different team and missing Holmes and Scalia but with continued development should be a really solid team.

PG: Chloe, Lexus
SG: Garzon, Beaumont, Parrish, Lamendola
F: Parrish, Lamendola, Currie-Jelks (injury redshirt), Sandvik, Garzon, Fenn (freshman 6'3")
C: Meister, Wiseman (6'4" freshman)

Who knows what the off season brings but a lot of interchangeable parts and right now, not losing greater pieces than both Iowa and Ohio State who also lose great leaders in Clark and Jacy Sheldon
'

IU also got a commit today from a 2025 class player out of St. Louis. Link:

Naeva Caffey (likely misspelled by me). 5’ 10” PG. Only a junior now so could grow more. When you read the articles about how the guys have changed their bodies (Holmes, CMM, Lilly after coming to IU) I hope it is legal for the recruits to be taught nutrition and training and start in high school.

It will definitely be a different team and missing Holmes and Scalia but with continued development should be a really solid team.

PG: Chloe, Lexus
SG: Garzon, Beaumont, Parrish, Lamendola
F: Parrish, Lamendola, Currie-Jelks (injury redshirt), Sandvik, Garzon, Fenn (freshman 6'3")
C: Meister, Wiseman (6'4" freshman)

Who knows what the off season brings but a lot of interchangeable parts and right now, not losing greater pieces than both Iowa and Ohio State who also lose great leaders in Clark and Jacy Sheldon
'
OSU has a very highly ranked recruiting class coming in next year, IU is one of 6 Big Ten teams(counting the 4 new additions) not with a top 30 recruiting class for next season, and IUs bench this year has frankly looked third rate when they've gotten to play against good competition.

I very seriously doubt CMM makes more than pizza money off NIL Very very few athletes not in football or men's basketball get NIL money other than t-shirt and jersey sales nickles and dimes.
And Courtsense2 proves again by laughing at facts he dislikes he has in fact no sense at all... none... lol. This board had some of the most arrogant idiots other than NDNation ever seen in captivity.

OSU has a very highly ranked recruiting class coming in next year, IU is one of 6 Big Ten teams(counting the 4 new additions) not with a top 30 recruiting class for next season, and IUs bench this year has frankly looked third rate when they've gotten to play against good competition.
Ohio State does have an excellent 5 person class coming in which just numbers alone would put it a lot higher than Indiana's two-person class. It is always hard until the process plays out and we actually know the rosters for next year. Freshman usually takes a while to play a major role although they have a couple who could have immediate impact.

Personally, our two freshmen have ups and downs this year, but I believe they both have shown signs of being solid contributors going forward. In just comparing current rosters for 2024-25 I think we will be better quicker, and OSU is tougher to say that. Sheldon is going to get drafted in the first round of the WNBA. I believe Holmes gets drafted and since there are so few spots in the WNBA Scalia gets a late pick or get invited to tryouts. With the last of COVID year choices I am not exactly sure who they lose but I believe it is Sheldon, Taylor, Harris, Parks, Mikulasikova and possibly Greene. These were all redshirt seniors or graduate students. Three Starters and first player off the bench.

Reactions: kkott and Vern Pain
We're going to miss Scalia and Holmes big time. But aslong as we have Moren we'll be fine. She's the most important returnee.

Last edited:
Ohio State does have an excellent 5 person class coming in which just numbers alone would put it a lot higher than Indiana's two-person class. It is always hard until the process plays out and we actually know the rosters for next year. Freshman usually takes a while to play a major role although they have a couple who could have immediate impact.

Personally, our two freshmen have ups and downs this year, but I believe they both have shown signs of being solid contributors going forward. In just comparing current rosters for 2024-25 I think we will be better quicker, and OSU is tougher to say that. Sheldon is going to get drafted in the first round of the WNBA. I believe Holmes gets drafted and since there are so few spots in the WNBA Scalia gets a late pick or get invited to tryouts. With the last of COVID year choices I am not exactly sure who they lose but I believe it is Sheldon, Taylor, Harris, Parks, Mikulasikova and possibly Greene. These were all redshirt seniors or graduate students. Three Starters and first player off the bench.
I think there will be a big shuffle at the top next year. Michigan, Nebraska and maybe UMinn will likely move up. UCLA and USC will easily dominate the top two spots, and 5th-10th will likely be very competitive and fluid. That is where I think IU falls next year, but in two years, if Moren doesn't pull a top 10 recruiting class next year or 3-4 starters from the portal I think IU tumbles down the standings

I think there will be a big shuffle at the top next year. Michigan, Nebraska and maybe UMinn will likely move up. UCLA and USC will easily dominate the top two spots, and 5th-10th will likely be very competitive and fluid. That is where I think IU falls next year, but in two years, if Moren doesn't pull a top 10 recruiting class next year or 3-4 starters from the portal I think IU tumbles down the standings
Has she pulled in a to 10 recruting class since she's been here? Are you a Purdue fan by any chance?

Reactions: Willray
Has she pulled in a to 10 recruting class since she's been here? Are you a Purdue fan by any chance?
No Moren hasn't, and her mentor flat out told her she had hit her ceiling until she upgraded recruiting. Moren has sidestepped the issue by pulling in lots of very good transfers. She also hit good with Holmes who plays above her talent rankings. But with the two Cal Scholos already being very talented and pulling top 5 classes next year to add to their returnees, they will be miles ahead of the rest of the conference, and if IU wants to stay in the top third, they will have to start matching the recruiting of the top schools. Yes, I am a Purdue fan.

No Moren hasn't, and her mentor flat out told her she had hit her ceiling until she upgraded recruiting. Moren has sidestepped the issue by pulling in lots of very good transfers. She also hit good with Holmes who plays above her talent rankings. But with the two Cal Scholos already being very talented and pulling top 5 classes next year to add to their returnees, they will be miles ahead of the rest of the conference, and if IU wants to stay in the top third, they will have to start matching the recruiting of the top schools. Yes, I am a Purdue fan.
Who's her mentor?

Michigan??? I watched that dumpster fire of a team last night barely beat lowly Purdue. Unless they have some ungodly recruits coming in, that non-athletic group isn't jumping up any standings next year. And Minnesota is at least a year away. They'll beat a few teams they shouldn't next year, but maybe BRaun doesn't come back full strength.

Michigan??? NFW

Reactions: Vern Pain
Michigan??? I watched that dumpster fire of a team last night barely beat lowly Purdue. Unless they have some ungodly recruits coming in, that non-athletic group isn't jumping up any standings next year. And Minnesota is at least a year away. They'll beat a few teams they shouldn't next year, but maybe BRaun doesn't come back full strength.

Michigan??? NFW
Two top 15 recruits plus three more pretty good players while returning a good portion of this year's team for Michigan

Purdue fan? Ironic. Remind me again how many top 10 classes Painter has landed?

Purdue fan? Ironic. Remind me again how many top 10 classes Painter has landed?
Don't watch the men, only women's basketball. One big difference between the men's and women's game is one and dones. Rarely do any of the top women not use up all four, or if they leave early is after their junior year. Teams without stacking top ranked classes don't teach the final four on the women's side but once a decade. The talent is much more concentrated at the top in the womens game. S. Carolina has three top ten recruiting classes and their top 8 players were all top 25 recruits or so. Another difference is that a top25 women's recruit is significantly better than a 50-100 recruit, and unranked recruits generally don't start for top ranked power five achools.

Don't watch the men, only women's basketball. One big difference between the men's and women's game is one and dones. Rarely do any of the top women not use up all four, or if they leave early is after their junior year. Teams without stacking top ranked classes don't teach the final four on the women's side but once a decade. The talent is much more concentrated at the top in the womens game. S. Carolina has three top ten recruiting classes and their top 8 players were all top 25 recruits or so. Another difference is that a top25 women's recruit is significantly better than a 50-100 recruit, and unranked recruits generally don't start for top ranked power five achools.
It is because of the rules, I believe the WNBA rule is you must graduate or play 4 years

My niece played small college basketball years ago she is 42 this month and that is when I started following women's basketball. Until the last 10-15 years there were only 4-6 competitive teams on the national level. You have had the UConn dynasty, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, the top of the ACC and now South Carolina on quite the run.

There is more parity and actual upsets in the tourney now and a lot of competitive games. I am not sure how good the recruiting services are and there are definitely players that take a year or two to develop. So, the fact that Ohio State and apparently Michigan has some top players coming in does not guarantee them to stay at the top.

I want the season to finish up before I do too much speculation. I always try to enjoy the current season and really like our team if healthy to at least get too sweet sixteen.

The newcomer Big Ten coach that has impressed me is Michigan State I think they and Nebraska are fighting for being the 4th best team in the Big Ten this year.

The top three all lose their leading scorers Clark, Iowa, Holmes and Scalia, Indiana and Sheldon Ohio State. Right now, our best recruiting was retaining Parrish and CMM for their Covid 5th year. I take their leadership and talent over any top recruit.

We may never be a serious national title contender but as long as Moren's here I'm certain we'll contend for conference titles and be a fixture in the national tournament every year.

We may never be a serious national title contender but as long as Moren's here I'm certain we'll contend for conference titles and be a fixture in the national tournament every year.
With the conference additions, unless Moren picks recruiting up big time, challenging for the conference title moves out of reach starting next year

With the conference additions, unless Moren picks recruiting up big time, challenging for the conference title moves out of reach starting next year
Not necessarily. We don't know what the scheduling is going to look like. We don't know how difficult it will be for the west coast schools to deal with the travel and perform on the court.

On top of that...rankings don't always pan out.

2022 top ten classes include Oregon (#2 and they are absolute dog water this year), Georgia (#7 and 12-18 this year), Arizona #8 and on the bubble this year, #10 Minnesota not even on the bubble to being on the bubble.

Reactions: MIS01 and kmathum
Very doubtful. Moren always seems to find a way to be on top. Or very close to it.

Not necessarily. We don't know what the scheduling is going to look like. We don't know how difficult it will be for the west coast schools to deal with the travel and perform on the court.

On top of that...rankings don't always pan out.

2022 top ten classes include Oregon (#2 and they are absolute dog water this year), Georgia (#7 and 12-18 this year), Arizona #8 and on the bubble this year, #10 Minnesota not even on the bubble to being on the bubble.
Everyone left Oregon, that's why IU got Parrish and UMinn was on track to get to the dance with a first year coach before Brain's injury. Also USC and UCLA are top 12 teams this year with most back and adding top 5 classes.

Very doubtful. Moren always seems to find a way to be on top. Or very close to it.
She well may, but it's going to have to start by recruiting better and more players rather than relying on her starters almost exclusively and living off the portal.

I think you are a little over impressed with UCLA, Oregon and USC. As Kraft points out you will probably only play teams once for the most part and the home and away schedule will be more critical. Remember those schools will have a lot more traveling to do than we do. That can be a problem for them. The added competition should just make the Big Ten even more attractive and recruiting span increase. I am comfortable that Moren mostly gets people that fit her style of play and attitude.

I know UCLA and USC will have trouble playing at OSU, Indiana, Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Michigan to name a few tough road games.

I know UCLA and USC will have trouble playing at OSU, Indiana, Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Michigan to name a few tough road games.
Yeah but back to back games in LA against top 10 teams every other year will wreck a lot of Big Ten seasons as well. The top of the Big Ten all take a step out two back after this season, while USC and UCLA both bring back most of top ten teams and add top 5 recruiting classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT