ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Teachers Union

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Color me shocker the teachers union wants to work from home again. I am just shocked but really how much learning is really going on anyway in a Chicago Public School. Everyone I know in Chicago sends their kids to private schools.

But it is for the kids!!

In March, the Chicago Teachers Union passed a resolution to oppose US intervention in Venezuela. The Marxist-Leninism Today provided the details of that resolution.

In January 2021 CTU released a video showing six of their members who are dance instructors performing an interpretative dance to express their feelings about refusing to return to work unless they felt "safe."

In January, while Chicago students were still in remote learning, Sarah Chambers, a CTU board executive, issued tweets telling teachers not to return to school, claiming it was unsafe for them to go back to school amid the pandemic and threatened a strike, while posting selfies of herself in the Caribbean on vacation.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC

Chicago parent: Remote learning has 'devastating effects' on working families​

Duration: 03:56 51 mins ago
LikeComments|

Does not matter to the corrupt Chicago Teacher's Union becasue it is all about them and not about the kids. It has never been about the kids.

Nothing has ever been about your health of safety. Why has big pharma been so adamant about getting the vaccines FDA approved for kids? Hint: it has nothing to do with protecting kids. Who would now have full immunity from any potential lawsuits?

The whole thing is a giant farce.

Color me shocker the teachers union wants to work from home again. I am just shocked but really how much learning is really going on anyway in a Chicago Public School. Everyone I know in Chicago sends their kids to private schools.

But it is for the kids!!

In March, the Chicago Teachers Union passed a resolution to oppose US intervention in Venezuela. The Marxist-Leninism Today provided the details of that resolution.

In January 2021 CTU released a video showing six of their members who are dance instructors performing an interpretative dance to express their feelings about refusing to return to work unless they felt "safe."

In January, while Chicago students were still in remote learning, Sarah Chambers, a CTU board executive, issued tweets telling teachers not to return to school, claiming it was unsafe for them to go back to school amid the pandemic and threatened a strike, while posting selfies of herself in the Caribbean on vacation.
Wait a minute, why is a teachers union in Chicago passing a resolution on Venezuela?

But it is for the kids!!

These teachers are finalizing the destruction of the system that produced them.

Nothing has ever been about your health of safety. Why has big pharma been so adamant about getting the vaccines FDA approved for kids? Hint: it has nothing to do with protecting kids. Who would now have full immunity from any potential lawsuits?

The whole thing is a giant farce.
Teachers Union's in most big cities are pretty corrupt but Chicago is the worst. All ever hear about is the achievement gap and yet they continue to do things to make it worse. So they want to go back home knowing a lot of these kids will never log on to do the work remotely. My buddy’s wife works in a Chicago school and she said over half the kids never even logged in last year from home for school last year. But the union does not care it is all about them. And when the kids fall behind even further they will just demand more money from Chicago taxpayers. It is one big con game.

You simply cannot make this stuff up. But it is for the kids!

DECEMBER 29, 2021 11:54 AM
BY JEREMIAH POFF
The Chicago teachers union is gauging members' support for a strike to force a return to remote learning amid a COVID-19 surge just as students are set to return from winter break.
Earlier this week, the union issued a survey asking its members what actions they would support to “force CPS to improve its COVID safety measures,” including participation in a “citywide work stoppage.”
The survey also offered alternative actions such as holding a “car caravan or outdoor rally,” holding a meeting of the “school safety committee,” or handing out flyers to parents “in a socially distant masked manner.”
The union has repeatedly criticized Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot for refusing to “take leadership in protecting families and communities from COVID,” and it is pushing for the city’s public schools to switch back to remote learning.

These teachers are finalizing the destruction of the system that produced them.

Chicago Teachers Union gearing up to walk out on Wednesday over COVID-19 safety concerns​

The union wants staff to be able to work remotely instead as COVID-19 cases surge. A vote is likely on Tuesday.

By Sarah Karp
Jan. 2, 6 a.m. CTUpdated Jan. 3, 11:05 a.m. CT

At a CTU virtual town hall Sunday evening, 80% of the 8,000 members on the call said they did not want to work in-person in Chicago Public Schools classrooms under current conditions, according to CTU members at the event. CPS classes resumed Monday after a two-week break amid the largest COVID-19 surge yet.

CPS teachers can only work remotely if it’s sanctioned by the Chicago Board of Education. And in an email to families Sunday evening, CPS CEO Pedro Martinez said he stands “firmly behind the decision to protect our student’s physical and mental health and promote their academic progress by keeping CPS schools safely open for in-person learning.”

This action is likely to trigger a showdown between the union and the school district, which could lock teachers out of their remote classrooms and prevent them from teaching. This would effectively shut down the school district.

LOL but hardly a surprise. But all my buddies kids in private schools will continue to learn while the thug union shuts out the kids again. It will just drive more kids to private and charter schools in the long run. But it is for the kids!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT