ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get another amen for Mike Woodson?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
How is this man continuing to deliver positive results when he had no college coaching experience.? Only decades in the pros. I don't know how he does it!
Is he getting a lot of naps as some folks think he needs? Is he still going to retire next year - primarily due to fatigue?
The Hoosiers sure were fortunate that Michigan was held scoreless for the last five plus minutes of the game. Is there any possibility that shutting the Wolverines down was due to coaching - even just a little bit?

Last edited:
The 180 in toughness and closing out tight games in 2 years has been pretty remarkable. Love his defense first philosophy. And he gets the pressure and demand that comes with the IU job. Not everything is perfect, but man this team is fun to watch right now. And Woody is a class act!

How is this man continuing to deliver positive results when he had no college coaching experience. Only decades in the pros. I don't know how he does it!
Is he getting the naps at some folks thinks he needs? Is he still going to retire next year - primarily due to fatigue?
The Hoosiers sure were fortunate that Michigan was held scoreless for the last five plus minutes of the game. Is there any possibility that shutting the Wolverines down was due to coaching - even just a little bit?
Decades at 82 NBA games a season v. 32 college games a season.
The NBA shot clock is shorter.
Can’t take shortcuts with X’s and O’s In the NBA.
Coaches Won’t last one season in the NBA if they can’t coach.
Good college coaches often struggle in the NBA.
Took a grab bag of portal talent to a winning record and the NCAA tourney last year.
Has a better record this year with his first recruiting class.
IU fans are playing with house money.
Winning is more fun than losing.

Archie Never Beat Purdue or Michigan in his entire tenure and Woody has beaten them 4 times in just a season and a half.

That says it all right there.
We got embarrassed last yr in the tournament....
He won't have #23 next yr..
He has to find that production.
I'm for him..But not over the top.
He's not the equal Moren is on the women's side..
Not even close yet...

We got embarrassed last yr in the tournament....
He won't have #23 next yr..
He has to find that production.
I'm for him..But not over the top.
He's not the equal Moren is on the women's side..
Not even close yet...+
I swear some of you guys live to be a turd in the punchbowl. How long did it take Moren to get her program where it is today ? In addition, she did a pretty good job of picking up key transfers to make up for the loss of a couple of main cogs from last year. Give the man a chance, for cryin' out loud. Moren has been tremendous, but hasn't made a final four in her eight+ seasons. Some of you just can't be satisfied with marked improvement in the present for shitting yourselves despairing over the unknown future.

Wishfully thinking but Trayce might come back to play hoops while his brother plays fball?
Little brother could be a walk on for team too?

Again wishfully thinking
Unfortunately, little brother was just a mediocre high school basketball player before quitting the team. He isn't as good as any of our current walk-ons, let alone someone who could help us.

I swear some of you guys live to be a turd in the punchbowl. How long did it take Moren to get her program where it is today ? In addition, she did a pretty good job of picking up key transfers to make up for the loss of a couple of main cogs from last year. Give the man a chance, for cryin' out loud. Moren has been tremendous, but hasn't made a final four in her eight+ seasons. Some of you just can't be satisfied with marked improvement in the present for shitting yourselves despairing over the unknown future.

AMEN

Amen. Woodson took over a team that couldn’t make or guard the 3. Now they can. He took over a team that was the furthest thing from mentally tough. Now they are much tougher. Woodson took over a team that hadn’t mad the tournament in 5 years. Heading for the second in a row. This team and program are making improvements. I love what I am seeing.

IU has a tremendous history of success in basketball but the program Woodson took over was a shell of it’s former self and now he has us moving in the right direction.

Anyone who thought top end success was going to happen overnight is a moron.

Amen. Woodson took over a team that couldn’t make or guard the 3. Now they can. He took over a team that was the furthest thing from mentally tough. Now they are much tougher. Woodson took over a team that hadn’t mad the tournament in 5 years. Heading for the second in a row. This team and program are making improvements. I love what I am seeing.

IU has a tremendous history of success in basketball but the program Woodson took over was a shell of it’s former self and now he has us moving in the right direction.

Anyone who thought top end success was going to happen overnight is a moron.
Preach.

Personally I think Woodson may have made the biggest jump in the last 6 weeks as any player besides maybe Landon has made in a season

Archie Never Beat Purdue or Michigan in his entire tenure and Woody has beaten them 4 times in just a season and a half.

That says it all right there.
The reality is that the superstar who's your players that Archie Miller recruited we're not overly impressive. Look at The players that left after Mike Woodson arrived. I think that Archie Miller was in a tough situation where he had to recruit Indiana All-Stars. And he did. But, they were not very good. If Mike Woodson kept those players rather than bringing in recruits, the Hoosiers would be sucking again this season. Thankfully they are not.
Mike Davis?
Pardon my French, but Mike Davis was ****ed by Bobby Knight.

How? He coached under Knight at IU. That’s the definition of a branch from a coaching tree.

You are right, he was an AC.

He was an assistant for what, a year?
He even stated that he never understood the motion offense! Hard for me to put him on the RMK coaching tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
By HS bigs seeing the way Trace is key in the O, they are going to give IU more of a chance of getting good ones. Keep recruiting fits and guys at high level and they will come. I like Reneau and would like to pull in some other kids from Monteverde. Plus maybe Indiana talent is coming down the line.

I think Malik will improve greatly and develop into a very good player for IU next year. He has made tremendous strides this year. Granted, he certainly has a way of committing stupid fouls but the officials have called a ton of ghost fouls on MR this year too. Foul trouble has kept him out of many games but he has shown flashes of very good play. I think he will develop into an IU fan favorite.

Reactions: DCDAVID
TJD isn’t on this team next year
It does appear to be a problem that needs to be addressed.

However, Reneau, Galloway, Bates, Geronimo are a good core of returnees. If they land a high scoring transfer big guy, and pick up Newell or McKneeley as freshmen, they can be OK. Cupps is going to be a very good player, hopefully sooner than later. If Newton can defend, he may play too.

How is this man continuing to deliver positive results when he had no college coaching experience.? Only decades in the pros. I don't know how he does it!
Is he getting a lot of naps as some folks think he needs? Is he still going to retire next year - primarily due to fatigue?
AMEN!

I think he has done a good job. But next year will be key without our two best players. I hope we can start lining up big 2024 recruits.

I think he has done a good job. But next year will be key without our two best players. I hope we can start lining up big 2024 recruits.
He has done a great job even at times without two of his better players... so why not give up your tact of belittling our coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT