ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get rid of Dustin Glant already???

Seyton

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Naperville, IL
This dude obviously sucks. Walks and HBP have been insane and the amount of runs we give up is ridiculous. Taken as a whole it's downright embarrassing. He can't evaluate and he can't coach and he doesn't value the right things. How much more do you need to see?

This dude obviously sucks. Walks and HBP have been insane and the amount of runs we give up is ridiculous. Taken as a whole it's downright embarrassing. He can't evaluate and he can't coach and he doesn't value the right things. How much more do you need to see?
We finished last in team ERA in the B1G during the 2022 season with a team ERA of 7.04. That improved last season and we finished 4th in the B1G with a team ERA of 5.27. It looks like it's going to regress again and we are at a team ERA of 7.20 after tonight's game which would put us at 11th in the B1G and just barely above Michigan and Illinois.

If we don't get that straightened out then Glant has to go. I hope Mercer is not one of those coaches that puts loyalty ahead of what he actually sees.

In looking ahead, Lemonis is currently 12-5 at Miss. St. with the conference season coming up that is loaded with ranked teams. If they falter again in the conference for the third straight season, Lemonis will probably be on the outside looking in. If that happens, Justin Parker may be available since new coaches prefer to bring in their own people. But, it's possible that a new coach could retain Parker. Needless to say, that depends on if Miss. St. season goes south again. That's just me looking at the tea leaves.

Totally agree Glants not the guy, but is he the scape goat? The two consistent people are Mercer and Denton. Are we just shuffling the deck and refusing to look at the real problem? Nothing happens in a program without the Head coach being aligned, whether that’s recruiting, pitching, fielding, etc… Look at the talent that has come through here during his reign and he has 1 B10 championship and 2 regional appearances. Maybe that’s good enough and we should all just enjoy a few regionals now and again. But I think we all felt like there was going to be more? It’s early this year, but it doesn’t feel like he’s gotten even remotely close to pushing the right buttons with this group of guys who has a massive amount of playing time together.

I'm actually shocked that the team ERA is only in the 7's. I thought it would be higher than that. But, since we are getting worse and not better as the season progresses, I'm sure it will be in the 8 or 9's soon. And to think I was really excited about this baseball team.......

I just looked at the box score. Our Friday night starter going into the season, gives up 6 ER in an inning and a third, and now has an ERA of 10.80. Someone please tell me, how is that even possible? And how can you not attribute that directly to coaching? Either they are idiots for thinking this guy should be our Friday night starter, or they have just completely screwed him up at this point.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
There have been plenty of red flags with this entire coaching staff from the jump. Poor pitching is only the most glaring. How in the world is our defense so putrid? And our approach at the plate has always been feast or famine. Seems like Dolson probably has much bigger fish to fry, but I hope he’s at least aware of this brewing disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT