ADVERTISEMENT

Can They Pull It Off?

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Not the game itself.
The “stripe out” for the game with alternating sections of red and white.
IU has never had a fanbase that could actually be considered highly coordinated, organized and in lock step cadence. Will be pleasantly surprised if it’s pulled off. The students, it’s understandable that they will be the usual fire drill of discombobulated disarray. It’s a noon game. Rolling out of bed is a major achievement with a hangover.
The blue hairs don’t get technology, so they probably won’t get the online memo.

Maybe just contact the guy in the gorilla suit and call it a day instead?
I don’t expect us to be a Texas A&M with cheer practice or 100,000 Penn State fans pulling off a white out. Even the Izzone doing everything in unison. Just something where we at least look like we’re on the same page?

I'm going and I've got my white Indiana shirt ordered specifically for this game.

The students will be mostly gone. Many of them already are.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Not the game itself.
The “stripe out” for the game with alternating sections of red and white.
IU has never had a fanbase that could actually be considered highly coordinated, organized and in lock step cadence. Will be pleasantly surprised if it’s pulled off. The students, it’s understandable that they will be the usual fire drill of discombobulated disarray. It’s a noon game. Rolling out of bed is a major achievement with a hangover.
The blue hairs don’t get technology, so they probably won’t get the online memo.

Maybe just contact the guy in the gorilla suit and call it a day instead?
I don’t expect us to be a Texas A&M with cheer practice or 100,000 Penn State fans pulling off a white out. Even the Izzone doing everything in unison. Just something where we at least look like we’re on the same page?
We need to have an effort matching the Indiana vs Kansas homegame from the 1994-1995 season.

I saw they are giving out t shirts for the baseline sections.

Should make them available for the entire Hall.

Surely there's some old Steve & Barry's unsold inventory someplace.

ehhh he does that there will be a few expletives launched his way. I promise you AH will boo Woodson in the hall if he blows a lead like that again because of the subbing.
I agree. What he did at Auburn is really stirred almost all the IU fans I am around.

Reactions: Cavanagh
ehhh he does that there will be a few expletives launched his way. I promise you AH will boo Woodson in the hall if he blows a lead like that again because of the subbing.
I absolutely cannot wrap my head around why it is so hard for Woodson to see how his sub patterns derail momentum. His response Saturday that “well, when the starters came back in the game was tied”….did he not realize when he started taking them out the score was 22-10. The game changed drastically immediately after the line change.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Do you honestly believe he has learned anything from his past indiscretions? I fully expect him to do exactly that.

Reactions: bbafficionado
I absolutely cannot wrap my head around why it is so hard for Woodson to see how his sub patterns derail momentum. His response Saturday that “well, when the starters came back in the game was tied”….did he not realize when he started taking them out the score was 22-10. The game changed drastically immediately after the line change.
And he's full of crap on the game being tied...unless somehow 30-24 was tied. They outscored IU 20-2 before he realized the starters were all sitting behind him.

Back to the assignment. No TAH will not pull off the stripe out. Never been an organized crowd and I mostly like that.

No student section and no X

Not good

I might have scanned these too quickly. Do some of us think we will get an early lead?
No idea what to expect, but I could see us winning big, losing big or it being close.

I like the intangibles in this one:

A week to prepare, and coach Woodson has to have their attention (the lack of effort in the last game was apparent). Plus, being at home is a huge advantage. KU could run into a buzz saw. It wasn’t the start versus U - Conn or Auburn, it was a consistent 40 minutes.

The crowd is going to be a factor. This one reminds me of the UNC home game where we had a huge defensive effort. Unfortunately the season drifted downhill after that, but in one game……

For all of the above to play out, we need a unified team that has bought into things and an inspired effort. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have questions on the locker room of this team, but that’s based on nothing but a hunch. If this team comes out uninspired or disjointed KU could roll. We need our D to show up.

One final thought, our losses have been putrid, every win pretty close. If this ends up a close game I like our chances closing it out.

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT