ADVERTISEMENT

Can Izzo survive the ESPN report

Good points, however I was referring to MSU's recent athletic department scandal as being good for Purdue only because it has to be a big mental distraction for both coach and players. MSU is no longer favored to win the BT now, as they were preseason. Their players don't seem to be gelling together as expected even before the rumors started flying in East Lansing.

I've always contended that IU got a raw deal from the NCAA regarding Sampson's wayward cell phone calls vs. academic fraud at other schools. It seems amazing to me that when these phone records came to light, no other coach/school was ever reprimanded for extra calls above the limit. It was an offense easily traced by phone records and I bet many athletic directors immediately did their own in-house checking. Remember, cell phones were a relatively new phenomenon back then. I can't believe he was the only guilty one. IU/Sampson detractors will justify the penalty by saying it was because he was warned once before while at Oklahoma. Well, Sampson at Oklahoma wasn't our problem to carry over to Bloomington. Ban the man for life if you want, but don't bring down our program for something we weren't aware that he was doing. Meanwhile, one could argue that IU has yet to fully recover and Sampson is doing well at 16-4 for the Cougars of Houston.

IU burnt it self down. The infractions the NCAA ultimately levied were pretty minor. We hired a bad coach who ran off the program’s best players and made us a laughingstock for three seasons. It has been a comedy of errors since 1994. Maybe when McRobbie retires IU will hire a president who demands excellence in athletics instead of sabotaging or being indifferent to it.

Reactions: jimmygoiu and mazz
I wonder if this “Magic Johnson” guy has any pull at MSU...

And the ESPN machine keeps going.....

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ls-accountability-michigan-state-wake-scandal

And here comes the FEDs....the last paragraph is the best one.... Naasr or not, they will find what everyone already knows.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...loyee-records-part-larry-nassar-investigation

Sounds good and sounds tough but it's smoke and mirrors. Those guys aren't Feds they're State of Michigan folks and Scheutte is pals with Dantonio... pretty sweet set up...

Looks like the B o T realized they'd need another sacrificial lamb so they've offered up the University attorney. That may have been a tactical error if they ticked him off but I'm guessing they'll pay him well enough to make it all up to him...

Actually, having given it some thought, their offering up their lawyer was a brilliant move... He's going to be replaced anyway by the new president so why not get some more use out of him on the way out and pay him well enough to keep the key to that closet he's hiding all those skeletons in to himself... Another slick move by the M$U B o T...

It's ashame the Feds aren't involved, or should I say it's a sham that they aren't...

Last edited:
The NCAA is as corrupt an organization as there is. Nobody should be surprised by any action they take. They are controlled by money-making programs and about as worthless a governing body ever created. They are never impartial and the advice to any school ever under investigation is to deny, stall and never self-report. Those are the schools that come out smelling like a rose.

Reactions: IUgradman and 76-1
The NCAA is as corrupt an organization as there is. Nobody should be surprised by any action they take. They are controlled by money-making programs and about as worthless a governing body ever created. They are never impartial and the advice to any school ever under investigation is to deny, stall and never self-report. Those are the schools that come out smelling like a rose.

And the ESPN machine keeps going......

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...s-michigan-state-spartans-assault-allegations

You think it will stop tomorrow? Next week? How about if MSU makes a run in the NCAA, you think everyone will forget?

Oh, this article references two more unnamed MSU basketball players in a rape that Walton took part in. And that Watlon was living in Izzo's basement while all this was going on.

And not a single game suspension for anyone......

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
How is this situation different than the Baylor Football scandal that cost Briles his job? It doesn’t matter how long ago the rapes happened, it’s the coverups that are going to cost Izzo and D’Antonio their jobs, and they’re going to lose them real soon. D’Antonio has coached his last game at MSU and Izzo is leaving for the NBA or retirement after they get knocked off in the first weekend of the NCAA tourney.

Last edited:
How is this situation different than the Baylor Football scandal that cost Briles his job? It doesn’t matter how long ago the rapes happened, it’s the coverups that are going to cost Izzo and D’Antonio their jobs, and they’re going to lose them real soon. D’Antonio has coached his last game at MSU and Izzo is leaving for the NBA or retirement after they get knocked off in the first weekend of the NCAA tourney.
I would be careful not to confuse what SHOULD happen with what WILL happen. As has been pointed out, MSU has satisfied the NCAA by sacrificing the President and the AD. Izzo and Dantonio win and win big. That is all that matters to the fan base (see Penn State child rape). Trash canning those two successful programs means lots of lingering embarrassing questions for the NCAA that it would much rather just get past. It keeps national tv, bowl game and NCAAT $ flowing into the league which is the only thing Jim Delaney gives a shit about.

I'd like to see both programs get the hammer and both coaches fired, but I would bet my house that neither of those things happen.

Good points, however I was referring to MSU's recent athletic department scandal as being good for Purdue only because it has to be a big mental distraction for both coach and players. MSU is no longer favored to win the BT now, as they were preseason. Their players don't seem to be gelling together as expected even before the rumors started flying in East Lansing.

I've always contended that IU got a raw deal from the NCAA regarding Sampson's wayward cell phone calls vs. academic fraud at other schools. It seems amazing to me that when these phone records came to light, no other coach/school was ever reprimanded for extra calls above the limit. It was an offense easily traced by phone records and I bet many athletic directors immediately did their own in-house checking. Remember, cell phones were a relatively new phenomenon back then. I can't believe he was the only guilty one. IU/Sampson detractors will justify the penalty by saying it was because he was warned once before while at Oklahoma. Well, Sampson at Oklahoma wasn't our problem to carry over to Bloomington. Ban the man for life if you want, but don't bring down our program for something we weren't aware that he was doing. Meanwhile, one could argue that IU has yet to fully recover and Sampson is doing well at 16-4 for the Cougars of Houston.
Sampson and IU would have been OK if he had not brought baggage with him, of which IU was aware.

I would be careful not to confuse what SHOULD happen with what WILL happen. As has been pointed out, MSU has satisfied the NCAA by sacrificing the President and the AD. Izzo and Dantonio win and win big. That is all that matters to the fan base (see Penn State child rape). Trash canning those two successful programs means lots of lingering embarrassing questions for the NCAA that it would much rather just get past. It keeps national tv, bowl game and NCAAT $ flowing into the league which is the only thing Jim Delaney gives a shit about.

I'd like to see both programs get the hammer and both coaches fired, but I would bet my house that neither of those things happen.

The NCAA isn’t the ones that Izzo and D’Antonio need to worry about. The feds are involved now and there were major coverups of sexual assault. This is going to get nasty and when the greatest player ever from the school and probably one of their bigger donors is unhappy with the situation then shit tends to happen.

The NCAA isn’t the ones that Izzo and D’Antonio need to worry about. The feds are involved now and there were major coverups of sexual assault. This is going to get nasty and when the greatest player ever from the school and probably one of their bigger donors is unhappy with the situation then shit tends to happen.
If what has been alleged is true, I hope you are right but I remain pretty cynical about powerhouse programs seeing any form of severe punishment, especially when there is no remorse and no incentive to cooperate.

Weren't the feds involved in the PSU situation as well ? And while that program did get smacked and JoePa was forced out, the B1G and the NCAA forgave and forgot as soon as the smoke cleared. 100k butts in the seats every Saturday and another B1G school in the national title picture was much more important to the powers that be than the evil that was tolerated and covered up.

I would also add that some caution is required until stories and facts have been thoroughly vetted and corroborated. I was among the throng that wanted those rich entitled frat boys on the Duke lacrosse team strung up by the neck. The press and public can sometimes rush to judgment. I'm not saying the media is wrong on anything in their reporting on MSU, but it's important to be damn sure.

You must not have read the article. He says he wants everyone fired except Izzo, who he wants to work with.

Now this could be a conspiracy. Say Izzo does get fired, Magic would be the first in line to hire him as the Lakers HC. I can actually see this happening.

The ESPN report is not pretty for Izzo. Several sexual assault cover ups etc. I always thought he was better than this.

It took a federal investigation to get UofL to fire Pitino. Not knocking up some skank in a restaurant. Not hookers. Not strippers. This is because Pitino did a thing called winning. Just analyzing, not justifying.

Izzo has had great success at MSU, so let’s see what the admin’s threshold for firing Izzo will be. You know, if he is fired.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
It took a federal investigation to get UofL to fire Pitino. Not knocking up some skank in a restaurant. Not hookers. Not strippers. This is because Pitino did a thing called winning. Just analyzing, not justifying.

Izzo has had great success at MSU, so let’s see what the admin’s threshold for firing Izzo will be. You know, if he is fired.

You do know the FEDs are investigating MSU, right?

And all the “admins” have quit or on their way to jail, right?

Let’s say that these two coaches get fired? So what? Recruits will still line up to play for their replacements. They take a minimal dip and then get right back on track to winning big. This may impact those men as individuals but the MSU machine just keeps on rolling. They are built to withstand this kind of stuff. I expect virtually no impact to that school regardless of what happens. They are a big sports program. They only types of schools that get buried when this type of thing happens are the IUs of the world, the little guys in the conference.

Let’s say that these two coaches get fired? So what? Recruits will still line up to play for their replacements. They take a minimal dip and then get right back on track to winning big. This may impact those men as individuals but the MSU machine just keeps on rolling. They are built to withstand this kind of stuff. I expect virtually no impact to that school regardless of what happens. They are a big sports program. They only types of schools that get buried when this type of thing happens are the IUs of the world, the little guys in the conference.
IU one of the "little guys" of the conference in basketball? Everything you started saying about MSU could be applied to IU, one would think, and by gosh by golly, that didn't happen!

Reactions: Sassy61

Let me guess, you are under 30 years old.

Lets take a brief history lesson about MSU basketball before Izzo....

Gus Ganakas (Big Ten Conference) (1969–1976)
1969–70 Michigan State 9–15 5–9 T–6th
1970–71 Michigan State 10–14 4–10 T–7th
1971–72 Michigan State 13–11 6–8 T-5th
1972–73 Michigan State 13–11 6–8 T–6th
1973–74 Michigan State 13–11 8–6 T–4th
1974–75 Michigan State 17–9 10–8 5th
1975–76 Michigan State 14–13 10–8 4th

Jud Heathcote
(Big Ten Conference) (1976–1995)
1976–77 Michigan State 12–15* 9–9* 6th
1977–78 Michigan State 25–5 15–3 1st NCAA Elite Eight
1978–79 Michigan State 26–6 13–5 1st NCAA Champions
1979–80 Michigan State 12–15 6–12 8th
1980–81 Michigan State 13–14 7–11 8th
1981–82 Michigan State 12–16 7–11 T–7th
1982–83 Michigan State 17–13 9–9 T–6th NIT Second Round
1983–84 Michigan State 16–12 9–9 5th
1984–85 Michigan State 19–10 10–8 T–5th NCAA First Round
1985–86 Michigan State 23–8 12–6 3rd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1986–87 Michigan State 11–17 6–12 7th
1987–88 Michigan State 10–18 5–13 8th
1988–89 Michigan State 18–15 6–12 T–8th NIT Semifinal
1989–90 Michigan State 28–6 15–3 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1990–91 Michigan State 19–11 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Second Round
1991–92 Michigan State 22–8 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Second Round
1992–93 Michigan State 15–13 7–11 T–8th NIT First Round
1993–94 Michigan State 20–12 10–8 T–4th NCAA Second Round
1994–95 Michigan State 22–6 14–4 2nd NCAA First Round

In the 26 years before Izzo

Big Ten Titles: 3
NCAA: 9
Sweet 16s: 2
Elite 8: 1
Final Four: 1

Again, MSU is NOT UK, UNC, Kansas, or Duke.

And even UNC and UK struggled for a few years trying to replace a coach.....and thats UNC and UK.

The IU job is 10 times better than the MSU job and it isnt even close.

Don't worry young fella, IU hasn't had a coach in 20 years.....they finally do now.

For example: See Wisconsin after Bo Ryan

Which Feds are investigating?

Not attempting to bait or be smart-aleck... I really don't know which Federal Agency is involved...

Not attempting to bait or be smart-aleck... I really don't know which Federal Agency is involved...

The women that was raped by Payne and Appling, who filed a police report where Pyane basically admitted they rapped her and that report was ignored, filed a complaint with federal authorities that is currently being investigated. Apparently the police video of Payne being interrogated is pretty bad. I don’t know which agency

This doesn’t include the investigation into the 2 unnamed MSU basketball players that are accused of rape along with Walton. That might not be federal...

And to just update on the climate on the MSU campus...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...tions-michigan-state-interim-president-choice

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
Sounds good and sounds tough but it's smoke and mirrors. Those guys aren't Feds they're State of Michigan folks and Scheutte is pals with Dantonio... pretty sweet set up...

Looks like the B o T realized they'd need another sacrificial lamb so they've offered up the University attorney. That may have been a tactical error if they ticked him off but I'm guessing they'll pay him well enough to make it all up to him...

Actually, having given it some thought, their offering up their lawyer was a brilliant move... He's going to be replaced anyway by the new president so why not get some more use out of him on the way out and pay him well enough to keep the key to that closet he's hiding all those skeletons in to himself... Another slick move by the M$U B o T...

It's ashame the Feds aren't involved, or should I say it's a sham that they aren't...
Public perception matters .. especially if it hits the bottom line.

The women that was raped by Payne and Appling, who filed a police report where Pyane basically admitted they rapped her and that report was ignored, filed a complaint with federal authorities that is currently being investigated. Apparently the police video of Payne being interrogated is pretty bad. I don’t know which agency

This doesn’t include the investigation into the 2 unnamed MSU basketball players that are accused of rape along with Walton. That might not be federal...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...tions-michigan-state-interim-president-choice

Thanks!

The reason I asked was the only investigation that I was aware of was the phony one their state AG had set up.

The states lead investigator/special prosecutor is buddies with both Dantonio and the newly appointed interm president... All kinds of impartiality going on there (DWS)...

The fix is already in, in a big way, at both the university and state levels it would appear...

Let's hope the Feds can come up with something but with pretty much everyone "in on" the cover up from the coaching staffs to the university administration, to the cops, it'll be tough to find what they need to prosecute.

Public perception matters .. especially if it hits the bottom line.

Hope you are right but how will it impact their bottom line?

Will they be forced to not play any future games? Doubt that.

Are people not going to show up for football and basketball games? Doesn't appear to have happened yet and all the M$U faithful were well aware of the cover ups going on in both sports.

This stuff (in football and basketball [not gymnastics]) has been covered by the East Lansing Journal for years and there's been no outrage or boycotts..

In fact, there is only outrage on campus now because the B o T picked an old, white, republican as interm prez... Boy, that got em stirred up...

Show me when their students and the rest of their fan base quit showing up for games and I'll be impressed. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen...

Reactions: Sassy61
Hope you are right but how will it impact their bottom line?

Will they be forced to not play any future games? Doubt that.

Are people not going to show up for football and basketball games? Doesn't appear to have happened yet and all the M$U faithful were well aware of the cover ups going on in both sports.

This stuff (in football and basketball [not gymnastics]) has been covered by the East Lansing Journal for years and there's been no outrage or boycotts..

In fact, there is only outrage on campus now because the B o T picked an old, white, republican as interm prez... Boy, that got em stirred up...

Show me when their students and the rest of their fan base quit showing up for games and I'll be impressed. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen...

Sorry, I can't predict future events, I'm not a wizard. Was just throwing that out there. If the outrage grows, donations, advertising, enrollment will all be hit. Which is why I used the phrase "especially if". I guess we'll see..

If that bottom line is hit, or expected to, not only in sports but in donations, etc heads will roll. Do you think Penn St only acted because they just found out the truth? lol .. They acted to make sure the profit stayed in the black.

Plus, our society is a little sick of famous and semi famous men believing they are entitled to abuse and denigrate women, and rightfully so. It's a thing now.. so .. we'll see.

There was a time when "Federal Agency investigating" was reassuring in knowing it would be a legitimate, thorough and honest investigation. I'm not so sure that is a given anymore in this political climate of unrest and mistrust. The FBI isn't what it used to be, or so it seems.

Reactions: 76-1
In tonight's game against Penn State.... Izzo is wearing the Teal Ribbon on his jacket in support of Victims..... Game commentators calling attention to it.

I'm not buying it Izzo.... don't act like you care now.... when you didn't step up when Payne and Appling raped that girl.

What have you done to support that victim???

Izzo needs to be gone..... now!!!!!!!

Sorry, I can't predict future events, I'm not a wizard. Was just throwing that out there. If the outrage grows, donations, advertising, enrollment will all be hit. Which is why I used the phrase "especially if". I guess we'll see..

If that bottom line is hit, or expected to, not only in sports but in donations, etc heads will roll. Do you think Penn St only acted because they just found out the truth? lol .. They acted to make sure the profit stayed in the black.

Plus, our society is a little sick of famous and semi famous men believing they are entitled to abuse and denigrate women, and rightfully so. It's a thing now.. so .. we'll see.

You never should have used the word "wizard"... Now we'll have an influx of pu fans rushing over here to protect the honor of a 1919 grad (don't know, and really don't care when the guy actually graduated Des).;) ugggghh...

Last edited:
Have noticed one thing: you don't see the usual flood of apologists that you'd ordinarily see on these boards... Wonder where Spartan Forever disappeared to???

Let me guess, you are under 30 years old.

Lets take a brief history lesson about MSU basketball before Izzo....

Gus Ganakas (Big Ten Conference) (1969–1976)
1969–70 Michigan State 9–15 5–9 T–6th
1970–71 Michigan State 10–14 4–10 T–7th
1971–72 Michigan State 13–11 6–8 T-5th
1972–73 Michigan State 13–11 6–8 T–6th
1973–74 Michigan State 13–11 8–6 T–4th
1974–75 Michigan State 17–9 10–8 5th
1975–76 Michigan State 14–13 10–8 4th

Jud Heathcote
(Big Ten Conference) (1976–1995)
1976–77 Michigan State 12–15* 9–9* 6th
1977–78 Michigan State 25–5 15–3 1st NCAA Elite Eight
1978–79 Michigan State 26–6 13–5 1st NCAA Champions
1979–80 Michigan State 12–15 6–12 8th
1980–81 Michigan State 13–14 7–11 8th
1981–82 Michigan State 12–16 7–11 T–7th
1982–83 Michigan State 17–13 9–9 T–6th NIT Second Round
1983–84 Michigan State 16–12 9–9 5th
1984–85 Michigan State 19–10 10–8 T–5th NCAA First Round
1985–86 Michigan State 23–8 12–6 3rd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1986–87 Michigan State 11–17 6–12 7th
1987–88 Michigan State 10–18 5–13 8th
1988–89 Michigan State 18–15 6–12 T–8th NIT Semifinal
1989–90 Michigan State 28–6 15–3 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1990–91 Michigan State 19–11 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Second Round
1991–92 Michigan State 22–8 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Second Round
1992–93 Michigan State 15–13 7–11 T–8th NIT First Round
1993–94 Michigan State 20–12 10–8 T–4th NCAA Second Round
1994–95 Michigan State 22–6 14–4 2nd NCAA First Round

In the 26 years before Izzo

Big Ten Titles: 3
NCAA: 9
Sweet 16s: 2
Elite 8: 1
Final Four: 1

Again, MSU is NOT UK, UNC, Kansas, or Duke.

And even UNC and UK struggled for a few years trying to replace a coach.....and thats UNC and UK.

The IU job is 10 times better than the MSU job and it isnt even close.

Don't worry young fella, IU hasn't had a coach in 20 years.....they finally do now.

For example: See Wisconsin after Bo Ryan

Appreciate the kind words and the history lesson but I am not younger than 30. I grew up watching IU during the Corso and Knight eras. Been to pretty much every bowl game and countless NCAA games as a byproduct of parents who were alums and big supporters of both major sports.
Knight pretty much owned Jud and apart from the 79 season when they had Magic, Jud was second fiddle.
However there were some glaring mistakes by IU administration in the early 90s that put us where we are today.
Take Wisconsin, for example. They found footballl success and then up pops the Kohl Center and two good coaching hires in Bennett and Ryan and suddenly the tables were turned. IU opted to put everything on cruise control, hoping to ride previous basketball success and others began to catch up and then surpass IU while making investment in facilities.

I’m not so sure that IU is a better job than MSU in the present day. I mean, after Davis, we had a prime opportunity to go after a big name and we bring in Sampson. Maybe politics were involved but at least some turned us down. Why couldn’t IU draw a big name then? The dynamics of the conference have changed greatly. I think in the minds of IU faithful they confuse passion or hysteria for hoops with results. And the results have not been good overall going on 2 decades.
I’m not here to argue that IU won’t recover. IU has averaged 5th place finishes over the span of 20+ years, so the rebuild will take longer than most would like.
MSU has 7 F4 appearances under Izzo. They are established more than people like to think. This won’t decimate them. Sure, a few down years may follow but they will be back right on top with a semi-competent hire.
Wisconsin - too early to tell with Gard but my bet is they don’t wither away and we still can’t beat them.
We’ll have to just disagree that MSU is not on solid footing or IU is a 10x better job. They sell out their arena too. Their fans are passionate too. It’s not like IU has some “copywrite” on basketball enthusiasm.
If Archie doesn’t have IU in the NCAAs in 3 years, the natives will be getting very, very restless. And I like him....but he cannot take 5 years to rebuild this thing.

Appreciate the kind words and the history lesson but I am not younger than 30. I grew up watching IU during the Corso and Knight eras. Been to pretty much every bowl game and countless NCAA games as a byproduct of parents who were alums and big supporters of both major sports.
Knight pretty much owned Jud and apart from the 79 season when they had Magic, Jud was second fiddle.
However there were some glaring mistakes by IU administration in the early 90s that put us where we are today.
Take Wisconsin, for example. They found footballl success and then up pops the Kohl Center and two good coaching hires in Bennett and Ryan and suddenly the tables were turned. IU opted to put everything on cruise control, hoping to ride previous basketball success and others began to catch up and then surpass IU while making investment in facilities.

I’m not so sure that IU is a better job than MSU in the present day. I mean, after Davis, we had a prime opportunity to go after a big name and we bring in Sampson. Maybe politics were involved but at least some turned us down. Why couldn’t IU draw a big name then? The dynamics of the conference have changed greatly. I think in the minds of IU faithful they confuse passion or hysteria for hoops with results. And the results have not been good overall going on 2 decades.
I’m not here to argue that IU won’t recover. IU has averaged 5th place finishes over the span of 20+ years, so the rebuild will take longer than most would like.
MSU has 7 F4 appearances under Izzo. They are established more than people like to think. This won’t decimate them. Sure, a few down years may follow but they will be back right on top with a semi-competent hire.
Wisconsin - too early to tell with Gard but my bet is they don’t wither away and we still can’t beat them.
We’ll have to just disagree that MSU is not on solid footing or IU is a 10x better job. They sell out their arena too. Their fans are passionate too. It’s not like IU has some “copywrite” on basketball enthusiasm.
If Archie doesn’t have IU in the NCAAs in 3 years, the natives will be getting very, very restless. And I like him....but he cannot take 5 years to rebuild this thing.

If he gets the class I think he will for 2019, he'll have us becoming a really tough team to beat by mid - 2020 at the latest...

(In my opinion)

I don't see MSU suffering much of a setback from all of this...

The student body and the faculty are more concerned about the party affiliation of their interm president then they seem to be about the women affected by all these cover ups, which pretty much says all you need to know about MSU.

The fix is in (and again, the students and faculty don't seem to care about "that" reason not to want their new interm prez...) and I don't expect to see either of those coaches leave as long as the W's and the $ keep heading their way...

Reactions: Crimson Crush

Yes.

Yes.

Are the feds investigating Izzo himself? That’s what got Pitino eventually fired. If Izzo is personally under federal investigation, I haven’t read about it yet.

My statement still stands. We’ll see what MSU’s threashold for firing Izzo is, if he’s fired.

There was a time when "Federal Agency investigating" was reassuring in knowing it would be a legitimate, thorough and honest investigation. I'm not so sure that is a given anymore in this political climate of unrest and mistrust. The FBI isn't what it used to be, or so it seems.
dumb ..........

I live up near Lansing. I'm not sure that's true but it definitely should happen. Both Dantonio and Izzo need to go. Who knows, maybe TC will return to save the day.

Nah. Try to be rational and not a homer IU fan. Izzo is clean.
Travis has a lawsuit pending and has witnesses.

The other incident with Appling was already litigated and amounted to nothing.

That's it for 30 years.

I think it is all good.

Good luck Saturday

Nah. Try to be rational and not a homer IU fan. Izzo is clean.
Travis has a lawsuit pending and has witnesses.

The other incident with Appling was already litigated and amounted to nothing.

That's it for 30 years.

I think it is all good.

Good luck Saturday

OJ was innocent too. He knew at some level what was going on, at a minimum he turned a blind eye to preserve plausible deniability. He & most of the administration seem to be complicit. Time will tell...

I wonder if this “Magic Johnson” guy has any pull at MSU...

And the ESPN machine keeps going.....

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ls-accountability-michigan-state-wake-scandal

And here comes the FEDs....the last paragraph is the best one.... Naasr or not, they will find what everyone already knows.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...loyee-records-part-larry-nassar-investigation

Magic Johnson might be the most hypocritical of the bunch. The guy may have slept with exactly 1 less female than Gene Simmons in his day and fathered 100 kids. I bet during Magic’s time at MSU, he had more of his share of unwilling participants in his sexual escapades.

My understanding is that the only federal agency investigating this is the Department of Education, based on a Title IX complaint made by the Appling/Payne victim. The Department of Education is run by Betsy DeVos, who is from Michigan, but is not an MSU alum. Her father went to Michigan. It's unclear whether she is an MSU fan or not, but her family has donated money to MSU.

My understanding is that the only federal agency investigating this is the Department of Education, based on a Title IX complaint made by the Appling/Payne victim. The Department of Education is run by Betsy DeVos, who is from Michigan, but is not an MSU alum. Her father went to Michigan. It's unclear whether she is an MSU fan or not, but her family has donated money to MSU.
If Betsy DeVos is as ignorant and incompetent at conducting an investigation as she is at the rest of her job, MSU has nothing to worry about. Donating money her daddy and husband earned is the woman's only life-skill.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT