ADVERTISEMENT

Can Izzo survive the ESPN report

he-ded.png.d2e2bbc355e7fd2d0d2e7eb7eb68d606.png

The ESPN report is not pretty for Izzo. Several sexual assault cover ups etc. I always thought he was better than this.
President is gone. AD is gone. Reports are now that Izzo and Dantonio are both gone.

Reactions: IUgradman
I would expect a complete house cleaning would eliminate Fife from something he might have been working years to earn. I agree Tom Crean would be perfect!

Izzo says no truth to retirement rumors and has no plans to retire either in an interview today

I prefer Molestation State U.

There was an MSU fan on the premium board said they were going to kick our ass again and continue to steal our states recruits.

Like clockwork a poster just replied 'RAPE!!'

Izzo and Molestation State should be shredded in every way imaginable. Fans should chant rape all game long.

Or Izzo's Enabler

Or Rape Enabler

He's a self righteous piece of s#$t, like Alford.

Reports are saying Izzo will announce retirement at end of the season. Can’t imagine Dantonio will last past the weekend.
How the mighty have fallen...or at least it's looking that way once again It is amazing to me how it long it has taken for the reports of abuse and harassment to come to light all across the country. And seemingly all at once.

Maybe RP was just keeping the female students safe. If Izzo would have bought his players hookers this might not have ever happened.

Reactions: mazz
From what I've been able to find MSU basketball is only involved because of the Payne-Appling rape accusation story, and the grad assistant decking the woman at a bar. These are both well known stories, especially the Payne-Appling one.

It sure won't bother me if Izzo and MSU take an ugly fall, but it's interesting that people are outraged only now, after 7 or 8 years and an ESPN story. I'm seeing some people tack the 35 or so football accusations onto basketball as well, but unless I'm missing something (and I could be) basketball is limited to the two I've mentioned.

Are people saying that Izzo enabled the gymnast guy or is it these old cases gaining fresh importance due to the gymnast guy? I've only peered into this development this morning so any clarification as to how Izzo and MSU basketball are implicated would be appreciated.

If Izzo knew about any of the assaults and did nothing then he should be severely punished or fired. It appears final 4's and winning were more important to MSU. This is starting to sound more and more like Baylor

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Maybe MSU can say that too many "non"sports students participated in gang bang rapes therefore the NCAA cant punish the sports programs kinda like the situation in Chapel Hill with academics.

The really sad part about College Campuses and Sexual Assaults, is that you can pretty well be assured that this has happened at all Universities and Colleges across this country.

Indiana University Bloomington is no exception to this. I know for fact that things have happened at IU with athletes, and IU athletics has lawyer-ed up for the athlete to get it swept under the rug. I am not going to mention any facts about the IU incident..... so don't ask..... but it is real and it is true.

The bottom line is this.... ALL people need to get back to MORALS and decency and start respecting each other.

The really sad part about College Campuses and Sexual Assaults, is that you can pretty well be assured that this has happened at all Universities and Colleges across this country.

Indiana University Bloomington is no exception to this. I know for fact that things have happened at IU with athletes, and IU athletics has lawyer-ed up for the athlete to get it swept under the rug. I am not going to mention any facts about the IU incident..... so don't ask..... but it is real and it is true.

The bottom line is this.... ALL people need to get back to MORALS and decency and start respecting each other.

Im not gonna deny this doesnt or cant happen anywhere but with over 100 siutations now being reported this is an MSU problem and its not going to have a good outcome. Mass cover-up by football and basketball.

Reactions: mazz

If any of that is true then the culprit should be removed from the program immediately .

Reactions: IUgradman
If any of that is true then the culprit should be removed from the program immediately .

I will only say that the incident that I am speaking of, happened in a time frame of the past 7 years ... and the sad part is.... the District Attorney's office of Monroe County was an enabler of the incident... by not pursuing it.

I will not say anymore.... because it is now history and nothing can be done about it now.

From what I've been able to find MSU basketball is only involved because of the Payne-Appling rape accusation story, and the grad assistant decking the woman at a bar. These are both well known stories, especially the Payne-Appling one.

It sure won't bother me if Izzo and MSU take an ugly fall, but it's interesting that people are outraged only now, after 7 or 8 years and an ESPN story. I'm seeing some people tack the 35 or so football accusations onto basketball as well, but unless I'm missing something (and I could be) basketball is limited to the two I've mentioned.

Are people saying that Izzo enabled the gymnast guy or is it these old cases gaining fresh importance due to the gymnast guy? I've only peered into this development this morning so any clarification as to how Izzo and MSU basketball are implicated would be appreciated.

I think your assessment is accurate, but pick your analogy: tsunami, avalanche, snowball, firestorm...

He's in trouble.

Maybe MSU can say that too many "non"sports students participated in gang bang rapes therefore the NCAA cant punish the sports programs kinda like the situation in Chapel Hill with academics.
Yeah, what a complete cop out the NCAA did in this case. Not even a slap on the wrist, more like a pat on the back. I can't believe there wasn't more outrage about that. I think there should be some boycott on UNC games nationwide

Boy oh Boy. You guys sure seem to know all the facts already. I will wager Izzo is still the head coach next season. And i know little about the facts except what has been reported. Some of you sure look like jealousy is your motivator to see him gone. I don't believe for a second Izzo would sweep any rape accusation under the rug. May be proven wrong but his program when having issues arise seems to address them head on.

Reactions: larlane
Boy oh Boy. You guys sure seem to know all the facts already. I will wager Izzo is still the head coach next season. And i know little about the facts except what has been reported. Some of you sure look like jealousy is your motivator to see him gone. I don't believe for a second Izzo would sweep any rape accusation under the rug. May be proven wrong but his program when having issues arise seems to address them head on.

Izzo knew Payne and Appling sexually assaulted a girl and they didn’t sit out one game.

You support who you want.....

Nobody is exempt from being something not expected these days. It would be silly at this point to ignore whats been reported so far. If this was Coach K , Pitino, Pearl or Cal would you be looking for "facts" first? Doubt it. I dont know if you have Big Ten bias or what but this another HUGE black eye for the conference in the last 10 years. Michigan St is a national story and not in a good way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT