ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket or Be Gone

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
If Allen can't win the Bucket in Bloomington, then he should be fired. Buyout or no. He needs to show something. Show some progress. That means *** at a minimum*** being better than Brohm.

FWIW I really do believe we have enough to beat those pretenders, provided "Good Baz" show up and stays in. If we get "Bad Baz" then just kiss the bucket goodbye.... and $24 million for the buyout.

I see this thought posted often, and I certainly agree as inconsistent as our offense is, it is counterproductive to run such a hurry up approach. However, I understand Bell calls the plays, but I would think the pace of the offense game would ultimately be up to Allen.

If Allen can't win the Bucket in Bloomington, then he should be fired. Buyout or no. He needs to show something. Show some progress. That means *** at a minimum*** being better than Brohm.

FWIW I really do believe we have enough to beat those pretenders, provided "Good Baz" show up and stays in. If we get "Bad Baz" then just kiss the bucket goodbye.... and $24 million for the buyout.
I accept your proposal.

• Haha
Reactions: midwolfe
Bazelak may not be IU's best option at QB next season. The coaches need to give Williams some playing time over these final four games and see what he can do.

As long as Bell is running the offense I don't see anything getting better as fast pace is even hurting the defense.
You can get by with this kind of offense (I wouldn’t recommend trying though) if that offense SCORES LOTS OF POINTS. Your time of possession is still lopsided and your defense is still gassed but you’re winning games 48-42 instead of losing them 24-17.

Unfortunately IU doesn’t have the personnel, either at QB or on the OL, to successfully run that kind of offense and so it ends up with the worst of both worlds: lopsided TOP and gassed defense combined with an offense that can move the ball in the green zone with short, non-explosive passes (and no run game) but fails to get enough chunk plays or red zone success to avoid losing some very winnable football games.

Opie isn’t beating Coach Birthmark at anything the remainder of his time here. Are you kidding?
This year’s game will be another absolute beat down.
Purdue is average but they are miles apart from Opie’s dumpster fire.

I don't always disagree with you.... but, your act is getting really old. We all know how you feel, now go find something else to waste your life on.... you might want to look in a mirror.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT